Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Good news for chiropractors
Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: May 29, 2022 11:37

I won't see the band this time. I'm on holiday when they're in Liverpool (that's my bad) and having damaged my knee recently, I simply can't stand up for hours on end at Hyde Park.

Has the band not realised that most of their audience is getting on a bit? (I'll be 60 in July)

Chiropractors in the Greater London area must be rubbing their hands with glee! How many Hyde Park attendees will be aching all over and even in need of medical attention after a full day standing up in the sunshine?

We had seats on stadium floors in 2006. We're 16 years older. Does no-one even think about this?

Re: Good news for chiropractors
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 29, 2022 12:15

bakersfield
I won't see the band this time. I'm on holiday when they're in Liverpool (that's my bad) and having damaged my knee recently, I simply can't stand up for hours on end at Hyde Park.

Has the band not realised that most of their audience is getting on a bit? (I'll be 60 in July)

Chiropractors in the Greater London area must be rubbing their hands with glee! How many Hyde Park attendees will be aching all over and even in need of medical attention after a full day standing up in the sunshine?

We had seats on stadium floors in 2006. We're 16 years older. Does no-one even think about this?

Sorry for your knee, but thank god we don’t have seats on the field. Standing GA is something else, different energy altogether!

C

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: May 29, 2022 14:23

Come on…..do you want a pity party of something? I’ve seen people in wheelchairs, crutches and tons of people slot older than you. No sympathy here

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 29, 2022 14:33

Cooltoplady
Come on…..do you want a pity party of something? I’ve seen people in wheelchairs, crutches and tons of people slot older than you. No sympathy here

what do YOU actually want being so testy all the time. Talking about no sympathy, I remember someone writing in a review in 2014 "one lady at the front had faked being handicapped and had to be removed" no mercy just like that

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: May 29, 2022 18:21

Jagger will be strutting his stuff for two hours on the stage and he is nearly 80. So people should just get a seat if they cannot dea l with GA. I remember the concert in Japan i attended. All seating. No standing.
GA at Hyde Park was much more fun.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 29, 2022 19:00

Whale

So people should just get a seat if they cannot deal with GA.

Are there any seats at Hyde Park 2022 ?

GA - standing
Gold Circles (east/west) - standing viewing area
VIP HydeAway - Gold Circle standing viewing area (private bar with additional comfortable seating & separate toilet facilities)
VIP Diamond - premium standing viewing area (additional seating in the exclusive Amex VIP Summer Garden)
ALL VIP Terrace - partially covered standing grandstand (additional seating in the exclusive Amex VIP Summer Garden)
Ultimate Bar - relaxed seating & standing (additional seating in the exclusive Amex VIP Summer Garden)
Ultimate Terrace - partially covered standing grandstand (additional seating in the exclusive Amex VIP Summer Garden)
Great Oak Terrace - partially covered standing grandstand

[www.BST-HydePark.com]

Large picture

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-29 20:40 by Irix.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 29, 2022 21:39

OT

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: May 29, 2022 22:07

I think the All vip terrace has seats.

It's the same for me, unable to stand for hours nowadays. So I bought Diamond Pit and will relax between the diffenrent acts in the Garden. Also I'm back to a work out and strict diet to get fit for the shows.
For my right knee, which is a complete mess, I got a new orthosis prescribed.
There is no way I will let my body dictate when to go to a Stones show or not (unless it's really serious of course).

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 29, 2022 22:45

Papo

I think the All vip terrace has seats.

But it's not mentioned in the description - [www.BST-HydePark.com] .

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: May 30, 2022 00:36

"Please note that this is a fully standing show"

Sounds pretty straightforward to me.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 30, 2022 01:07

bakersfield

Do you qualify for disabled seating with your knee? Sadly, that's the only way I can attend shows now (I'm 61). All of my joints are slowly being destroyed & it's getting to be a challenge just to go to shows at all. Especially the big ones.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: May 30, 2022 04:19

???
Seriously?

I’m 66 and I’ll put in the 12-15 hours needed to get up front then deal with whatever weather or the crowd dictates. If it’s important to you you’ll do it it’s just that simple.

Geezus these guys are giving us what they have 15 years our seniors and no damn way I’m letting that slip by.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: May 30, 2022 06:24

I become 72 in August and I go to see them. I had a seat in Antwerp in'73 in tribune and when they came on stage everyone stands up!

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: May 30, 2022 06:52

There are certain pain medications you can take on the day to deal with the long stand. smileys with beer. smoking smiley

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: May 30, 2022 07:23

Paddy
There are certain pain medications you can take on the day to deal with the long stand. smileys with beer. smoking smiley
Yes forgot about them

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 30, 2022 07:27

bakersfield

No one thinks about it. Just get out of the way ie stay home. One less ticket for you is one more ticket for me.

That's the attitude.

Think about the rest of the people who don't go - or get - to see the Stones.

That's a lot of people.

Way more people.

So... chiropractors, fake or not, they're not really making any more.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: May 30, 2022 09:22

If my knee hurts on showday, it's basically my knee's problem, not mine.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: May 30, 2022 10:03

@ bakersfield, Go to you doctor and ask them for this medication: "FELDENE LYOTABS". In Belgium is's available on doctors prescription. And you don't feel pain about 8-12 hours. I do know it about my mother, (but now: she is past away).
Don't miss a concert for a knee problem I would say.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 30, 2022 10:17

Just don't go to the show. You don't have to whine about it. I saw them standing up in Cleveland, 'festival seating', 1978, and it was horrible. So...............I never again went to a Festival Seating type concert again. I'm too old not to be comfortable, especially at premium prices. I'm sure Hyde Park will be wonderful for the young. Let them have it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1737
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home