Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Sticky Fingers SHM CD
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 31, 2022 15:55

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
Are there improvements on their 70’s catalog? I was under the impression that the 71-81 studio albums were best in the miniature LP versions that were done in the late 90’s. Is that no longer the case?

You mean the Virgin pressings? I think that was more '93.

I do. OK well I was unaware of their existence until after I first saw the band live in ‘97 and went looking for more albums and found all those miniature replicas. Either way I’d thought they were the definitive sounding versions of those albums, no?

I don't think 'definitive' would be correct. They were great sounding and better than the original CD releases from the 80s.

Re: Sticky Fingers SHM CD
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: May 31, 2022 16:49

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
Are there improvements on their 70’s catalog? I was under the impression that the 71-81 studio albums were best in the miniature LP versions that were done in the late 90’s. Is that no longer the case?

You mean the Virgin pressings? I think that was more '93.

I do. OK well I was unaware of their existence until after I first saw the band live in ‘97 and went looking for more albums and found all those miniature replicas. Either way I’d thought they were the definitive sounding versions of those albums, no?

I don't think 'definitive' would be correct. They were great sounding and better than the original CD releases from the 80s.
Let's put it this way. Virgin remaster from 1994 is the best one in terms of sound quality to price ratio. However, it is not definitive. Some are better than the early 1986 CBS editions, some just got an increase in loudness + a bit of compression but came from the very same digital source as CBS CDs. And all Virgin CDs got the loudest peaks shaved by clipping. It gave a punch to a record but did not make it audiophile.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-31 20:01 by ironbelly.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home