Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 13 of 14
Re: A question about the catwalk of the new stage
Date: June 8, 2022 13:28

I does seem so from the video's I have seen. Pretty sure some people will be able to comment from experience.

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: June 8, 2022 13:40

PaintMonkeyManBlack
I does seem so from the video's I have seen. Pretty sure some people will be able to comment from experience.

Thank you. We share the same feeling and further investigation is needed cool smiley.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 8, 2022 14:16

RiffKichards

it seems that the new stage (SIXTY) has a higher catwalk than the previous one (NO FILTER)

Catwalk Munich:

[Twitter.com] , Large picture

[Twitter.com] , Large picture

Happy 75th Birthday, Ronnie !

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-08 16:25 by Irix.

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: June 8, 2022 15:46

RiffKichards
About what can be seen on youtube videos, it seems that the new stage (SIXTY) has a higher catwalk than the previous one (NO FILTER).

In addition, it seems that there are more stuffs and bigger stuffs (ventilators, lights etc.) on the border of the catwalk.

I fear that a spot on the border of the catwalk is less appealing when compared with the No Filter Tour.

Am I right ? Is someone who attend the shows can confirm (or not) ?

Thanks in advance for your answers !!

Yeah. There always is something, isn't there? In Munich Mick left his mic stand at the end of the catwalk and no one bothered to take that shit away, like crew usually does. So from my loser spot, front row of Silver pit in the extension line of the catwalk, on many pics, I have black line (which was the stand) going right through it. In others I have the A4 seat block sign no one bothered to take away once the show started. eye rolling smiley

Edit: You can even see that @#$%& mic stand in the pix above.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-08 18:44 by PatrickS77.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: June 8, 2022 18:28

I haven't been to a SIXTY show but judging just from Irix's pics the catwalk looks to me to be pretty much the same height as No Filter's. Well higher than your head... unless you're an NBA center.

Being right on the No Filter catwalk rails was not the place to be if you wanted to see the opposite side of the stage too. You needed to be -- varied with your height of course -- 10 or 15 feet (what's that... abt 3 to 5 meters) back off of the catwalk rail to see the far stage over it.

I could be wrong but to me the SIXTY catwalk in the pics doesn't look higher. But somebody who's been in pits for both tours can judge it better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-08 18:31 by TheBluesHadaBaby.

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: June 8, 2022 20:33

The picture of Ron and Mick is absolutely beautiful. Congrat !! smileys with beer

The mic stand does not bother in this picture (but I understand it could be not nice on others).

Re: SIXTY Tour new stage
Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 8, 2022 22:07

I was actually one of the people who quite liked the new stage design and was looking forward to see it.

I had seats on the stands for Munich and was disappointed of the screens. First of all, from the side you can't see much of the middle screen. I expected this from the pictures I saw before but I hoped for the side screens to be sufficient. They were not. I moved more towards the middle of the stadium during the show and found it to be a better view since the middle screen was now visible.

The side screens are far to small to watch if you're not really close, I found it exhausting to look at them. Not only because of the size, but also because the lightning of the musicians (and therefore also the projections on the screen) are quite dark this tour. In addition to that there are also some kind of animated frames sometimes so that the actual displayed picture is even smaller.

I don't get why see frames of the side screens have to be this big and the screens so small. If they had choosen the 14 on fire screen size it would have been much more enjoyable.

Also, the overall stage height is so low compared to the high No Filter Towers that at the same seats it feels more like looking down at the show than being part of the show. Sounds weird but maybe you understand what I mean.

So my conclusion is, if you're visiting this tour make sure you have seats relatively close to the stage. Having seats on the stands is not as good as it was on the No Filter Tour and even on the 14 on Fire tour. Although the angle closer to the middle of the stadium (10 to 2 a clock) is much better then on the sides (9 or 3 a clock), since you can see the larger middle screen.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-08 22:17 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: June 9, 2022 01:12

RiffKichards
The picture of Ron and Mick is absolutely beautiful. Congrat !! smileys with beer

The mic stand does not bother in this picture (but I understand it could be not nice on others).

Yeah. Because it's the side view, but this and that and the other is annoying:

Not the best pics anyway, so it doesn't matter all that much, but for you to get what I mean. winking smiley

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: June 9, 2022 04:03

StonedRambler
I was actually one of the people who quite liked the new stage design and was looking forward to see it.

I had seats on the stands for Munich and was disappointed of the screens. First of all, from the side you can't see much of the middle screen. I expected this from the pictures I saw before but I hoped for the side screens to be sufficient. They were not. I moved more towards the middle of the stadium during the show and found it to be a better view since the middle screen was now visible.

The side screens are far to small to watch if you're not really close, I found it exhausting to look at them. Not only because of the size, but also because the lightning of the musicians (and therefore also the projections on the screen) are quite dark this tour. In addition to that there are also some kind of animated frames sometimes so that the actual displayed picture is even smaller.

I don't get why see frames of the side screens have to be this big and the screens so small. If they had choosen the 14 on fire screen size it would have been much more enjoyable.

Also, the overall stage height is so low compared to the high No Filter Towers that at the same seats it feels more like looking down at the show than being part of the show. Sounds weird but maybe you understand what I mean.

So my conclusion is, if you're visiting this tour make sure you have seats relatively close to the stage. Having seats on the stands is not as good as it was on the No Filter Tour and even on the 14 on Fire tour. Although the angle closer to the middle of the stadium (10 to 2 a clock) is much better then on the sides (9 or 3 a clock), since you can see the larger middle screen.

Yeah, that's what it looks like from the pictures.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 9, 2022 05:55

TheBluesHadaBaby
Green Lady
...why (apart from cost) they thought it was a good idea to replace the simple and effective No Filter screens I have no idea.

I was amazed at how great the giant No Filter LED towers were. After decades of big acts futzing around, experimenting with how to best project concerts onto screens in huge stadiums, here we go... somebody's finally perfected the art. The No Filter towers had to be making the experience, especially in the nosebleeds, vastly better. Maybe even made ticket prices almost seem reasonable regardless of where in the stadium you were.

So I was pretty certain that no matter whatever other changes the Stones might make for future tours, whatever decorations or motifs might change, whatever bells and whistles they might add, that they'd certainly be smart enough to never put on a stadium show again and leave those four big beauties home.

Aaaannnd... I was dead wrong.

NO FILTER seemed to represent watching a concert on a cell phone only much bigger. Great idea, actually, regardless of if that was a consideration.

It's too bad they didn't incorporate something along the lines of U2's 2017 THE JOSHUA TREE stage, which was beyond fantastic.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: June 9, 2022 21:09

Something different tonight, arms are small and stage is lower than prevoius

Date: June 9, 2022 21:32

rogerriffin

Good catch, have been to Munich - it already had to lowered stage. The stage itself looks better that way but the screens felt really low and it was a feeling of looking down at the show rather than being part of it.

Don't get why they don't just have larger screens.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-09 21:34 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 9, 2022 21:52

The roof is perhaps a bit cooler tonight

Date: June 9, 2022 23:40

rogerriffin

Topi seems to be right - [iorr.org] :

"What I heard they don't actually have a stage of their own. They just rent out a basic festival stage in every city and only bring in the frames, the screens and the catwalk etc. Much less expensive logistically."

So the basic structure of the stages in Madrid, Munich & Liverpool looks a little different, especially the roof.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 10, 2022 06:46

rogerriffin

That's quite a bit lower for sure, and the lower it gets, the more it looks like its being squished...like a bug that's been stomped on.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 10, 2022 22:03

Hairball
rogerriffin

That's quite a bit lower for sure, and the lower it gets, the more it looks like its being squished...like a bug that's been stomped on.

I think it’s lower because the stage roof in Madrid is much higher - I think it was the same in 2014, which was why they couldn’t used the full stage decoration

Date: June 10, 2022 22:10

john lomax
Hairball
rogerriffin

I think it’s lower because the stage roof in Madrid is much higher - I think it was the same in 2014, which was why they couldn’t used the full stage decoration

Date: June 10, 2022 22:11

john lomax
Hairball
rogerriffin

No, no... The lower one is Liverpool. In Madrid the bottom frame was higher but it got smaller from Munich on

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 10, 2022 22:38

They really got rid of 1/5th of the stage height quick this time.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 10, 2022 22:39

StonedRambler
john lomax
Hairball
rogerriffin

No, no... The lower one is Liverpool. In Madrid the bottom frame was higher but it got smaller from Munich on

Oh yes I agree - I meant to say it was lower in Liverpool and higher in Madrid because the roof of the stage in Madrid was much higher.

Date: June 10, 2022 22:41

john lomax
StonedRambler
john lomax
Hairball
rogerriffin

Oh yes I agree - I meant to say it was lower in Liverpool and higher in Madrid because the roof of the stage in Madrid was much higher.

Oh right. Yeah could have actually been the reason for the higher frames. Otherwise it might have looked really bizarre

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 11, 2022 00:30

just looks like a giant banjo layin in the crowd ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 11, 2022 08:37

StonedRambler
john lomax
StonedRambler
john lomax
Hairball
rogerriffin

Oh right. Yeah could have actually been the reason for the higher frames. Otherwise it might have looked really bizarre

And the cutout area for the drums and the larger video screen are wildly different shapes

Rod

Date: June 11, 2022 12:57

Stage is just very mediocre. Lucky the boys compensate it 100% by playing awesome

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 11, 2022 12:59

bitusa2012
StonedRambler
john lomax
StonedRambler
john lomax
Hairball
rogerriffin

And the cutout area for the drums and the larger video screen are wildly different shapes

It's the same shape but the lower part was just left off after Madrid

Date: June 14, 2022 10:44

Stage looking 100% better without that stupid roof.

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: June 14, 2022 20:15

Sorry to hear about the postponed dates so far. Have to wait just a little longer (oh, the suspense). I Thought i saw a picture of Amsterdam stage with the smaller side screens, like Madrid. Are they touring with two "Facias'"? Would make sense.

Date: June 14, 2022 20:45

Amsterdam, 13-Jun-2022:

[iorr.org] , [Twitter.com] , Large picture

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: June 15, 2022 14:34

It appears that the pitch in Munich is covered in seats. Is that the only show like that on this tour? I thought they were all GA?

Date: June 15, 2022 14:41

sjs12

It appears that the pitch in Munich is covered in seats. Is that the only show like that on this tour?

You mean the seated area in Munich behind the Pit (seats surrounding the catwalk)? It'll be similar in Gelsenkirchen.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 13 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1469
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home