Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 12 of 14
Re: SIXTY Tour new stage
Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: June 3, 2022 13:38

rogerriffin
Stufish
Yesterday at 16:13 · Instagram ·
The Rolling Stones are back! #SIXTYtour is the latest touring stage design that #StufishStudios has done for the Rolling Stones. The tour opens tonight in Madrid’s Wanda Metropolitano stadium, before it will begin its journey across Europe. #TheRollingStones #SixtyTour #TheRollingStonesinMadrid #WandaMetropolitano #EntertainmentArchitecture #stagedesign #mickjagger #keithrichards #ronniewood

Wow. First they draw something cool. Then we get crap. Shame.

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: June 3, 2022 13:43

Hairball
Nikkei
The sketch seems like a breathtaking concept. That didn't translate at all

Lots of intricacies in that sketch that would have elevated the design to something up to Stones standards - bit's of 3d elements and transformations.
Seems something was definitely lost in translation, or they ran out of time, or they decided on cutting corners - maybe a combination of all those reasons and more.

I really like the first sketch, but the impracticality starts with how do you put a video on the asymetric screens? If you have a regular shot, there are parts of the picture obstructed. I guess drawing something and having it work in real live are 2 different things. Also in movies, the sketches and concept art usually are better than what things turn out in real life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-03 13:46 by PatrickS77.

Date: June 3, 2022 14:23

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: June 5, 2022 13:34

[www.youtube.com]

From a certain angle on the side of the stage, you can’t watch the centre screen properly. Not good.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 5, 2022 16:00

But from there, you can see the band pretty good and both of the small screens.
For me, this would be absolutely okay.
I often have noticed that I get distracted by screens and video and try to focus on the stage, even if I don't get every detail.
Of course, as I am not very tall, screens can help when I am in GA and far from the stage, but generally:
I don't go to shows to watch television.

Date: June 5, 2022 16:51

The problem is, the side screens don’t necessarily project the same images as the centre screen does.
I feel the visual they use at The Rolling Stones concert are part of their artistic expression even if they are of secondary importance to the performance itself, admittedly.

If you don’t bother about what you get in your eyes during the show, that’s fine.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 6, 2022 18:00

I’d hate to have paid for Side seats only to not be able to see the big screen so uselessly tucked away way back behind the stage and hidden by the two smaller wings. The drawings did not translate well.

Rod

Date: June 6, 2022 18:03

People at shows where the stage is placed on the long side will be in trouble..

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 7, 2022 14:12

I don't know whether the new stage is cheaper to make, transport and run, but it certainly looks cheap and nasty. Once the lights are down and the stage is in action most of the uglier bits are less obvious, but why (apart from cost) they thought it was a good idea to replace the simple and effective No Filter screens I have no idea.

Date: June 7, 2022 14:34

Green Lady
I don't know whether the new stage is cheaper to make, transport and run, but it certainly looks cheap and nasty. Once the lights are down and the stage is in action most of the uglier bits are less obvious, but why (apart from cost) they thought it was a good idea to replace the simple and effective No Filter screens I have no idea.

Because this is a new tour (allegedly).

SIXTY, not No Filter. Simple as that.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 7, 2022 14:42

If it's as simple as that, how about the No Filter video filters (how about that btw) that are still part of the "new" show?

Date: June 7, 2022 16:37

Nikkei
If it's as simple as that, how about the No Filter video filters (how about that btw) that are still part of the "new" show?

I don’t get the question. Video filters are part of many modern rock shows, aren’t they?

Or am I missing something? Do you mean, the new stage still uses some of the same images shown on No Filter tour? I think it was quite common on the past tours. IIRC they used the same visual for Rock And A Hard Place on Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge tours, for instance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-07 18:45 by RisingStone.

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: June 7, 2022 19:18

rogerriffin
Stufish
Yesterday at 16:13 · Instagram ·
The Rolling Stones are back! #SIXTYtour is the latest touring stage design that #StufishStudios has done for the Rolling Stones. The tour opens tonight in Madrid’s Wanda Metropolitano stadium, before it will begin its journey across Europe. #TheRollingStones #SixtyTour #TheRollingStonesinMadrid #WandaMetropolitano #EntertainmentArchitecture #stagedesign #mickjagger #keithrichards #ronniewood

Have we lost the concept drawings?

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 7, 2022 21:34

I must say I am getting used to it. I will be interested to see it in real life on Thursday in Liverpool.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 7, 2022 22:20

Green Lady

What I heard they don't actually have a stage of their own. They just rent out a basic festival stage in every city and only bring in the frames, the screens and the catwalk etc.

Much less expensive logistically.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 7, 2022 22:56

New stage reminds me of an updated version of the 81 stage.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 8, 2022 04:48

RisingStone
Green Lady

So change just for the sake of change? A fix for something that wasn't broke?

Maybe it lowers their carbon footprint.

Date: June 8, 2022 06:01

Green Lady
RisingStone
Green Lady

I have no idea…

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: June 8, 2022 07:09

I like the stage. I'm sorry so many people don't. It's not Steel Wheels or Urban Jungle, but it's a nice stage with some character. I remember seeing them in Atlanta and there was no set dressing beyond a backdrop painting of an audience. So this stage is a lot better compared to that.

Anyway, I like the design except for that one little swoop on the far right of the tongue outline. That just bugs my ocd side. tongue sticking out smiley Otherwise I think the stage is nice.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 8, 2022 07:21

Green Lady
RisingStone
Green Lady

The Stones nor fans are worried about their carbon footprint.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 8, 2022 10:25

swaff

No, they're still there - [www.Instagram.com] , [www.Instagram.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .

They seem to be 'lost' because Facebook & Instagram use a signature for their picture-URLs which expire after some days. The solution would be to update the here posted picture-URL regularly or (better) copy the picture from FB/IG to a reliable image hosting site.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 8, 2022 10:26

Topi
What I heard they don't actually have a stage of their own. They just rent out a basic festival stage in every city and only bring in the frames, the screens and the catwalk etc.

Much less expensive logistically.

Correct. I believe it was the same arrangement in 2014-2016.
By doing it this way, several acts can use the same local stage structure.
This is the case in Milan, Vienna and Paris, where other concerts take place in the same venues a day or two before or after the Stones.
Maybe other places as well.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: June 8, 2022 15:25

I have to confess to being disappointed when I first saw the photos in the days leading up to opening night. But once you are at the venue and you can see the stage close up, and night falls and therefore the lights and production come into their own, it looks pretty cool.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: June 8, 2022 18:29

Irix
swaff

No, they're still there - [www.Instagram.com] , [www.Instagram.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .

They seem to be 'lost' because Facebook & Instagram use a signature for their picture-URLs which expire after some days. The solution would be to update the here posted picture-URL regularly or (better) copy the picture from FB/IG to a reliable image hosting site.

Thank you Irix, you Rawk!

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: June 8, 2022 19:05

Mr Jimmy
I have to confess to being disappointed when I first saw the photos in the days leading up to opening night. But once you are at the venue and you can see the stage close up, and night falls and therefore the lights and production come into their own, it looks pretty cool.

Yes. I heard this yesterday from a friend.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: June 8, 2022 20:10

Green Lady
...why (apart from cost) they thought it was a good idea to replace the simple and effective No Filter screens I have no idea.

I was amazed at how great the giant No Filter LED towers were. After decades of big acts futzing around, experimenting with how to best project concerts onto screens in huge stadiums, here we go... somebody's finally perfected the art. The No Filter towers had to be making the experience, especially in the nosebleeds, vastly better. Maybe even made ticket prices almost seem reasonable regardless of where in the stadium you were.

So I was pretty certain that no matter whatever other changes the Stones might make for future tours, whatever decorations or motifs might change, whatever bells and whistles they might add, that they'd certainly be smart enough to never put on a stadium show again and leave those four big beauties home.

Aaaannnd... I was dead wrong.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 8, 2022 20:33

lame

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 8, 2022 21:25

Literally behind the SIXTY stage:

Munich, 5-Jun-2022

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: June 8, 2022 21:36

TheBluesHadaBaby
Green Lady
...why (apart from cost) they thought it was a good idea to replace the simple and effective No Filter screens I have no idea.

I was amazed at how great the giant No Filter LED towers were. After decades of big acts futzing around, experimenting with how to best project concerts onto screens in huge stadiums, here we go... somebody's finally perfected the art. The No Filter towers had to be making the experience, especially in the nosebleeds, vastly better. Maybe even made ticket prices almost seem reasonable regardless of where in the stadium you were.

So I was pretty certain that no matter whatever other changes the Stones might make for future tours, whatever decorations or motifs might change, whatever bells and whistles they might add, that they'd certainly be smart enough to never put on a stadium show again and leave those four big beauties home.

Aaaannnd... I was dead wrong.

I’m still excited to see this stage, only cuz I’m excited to see the Stones and the stage will not make or break a show for me.. But, I agree, those NF towers were bad ass! One show I attended I did sit far back and those towers really elevated that experience to point I watched them more than the actual band sometimes.

A question about the catwalk of the new stage
Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: June 8, 2022 12:52

About what can be seen on youtube videos, it seems that the new stage (SIXTY) has a higher catwalk than the previous one (NO FILTER).

In addition, it seems that there are more stuffs and bigger stuffs (ventilators, lights etc.) on the border of the catwalk.

I fear that a spot on the border of the catwalk is less appealing when compared with the No Filter Tour.

Am I right ? Is someone who attend the shows can confirm (or not) ?

Thanks in advance for your answers !!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 12 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1934
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home