Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 10 of 14
Re: SIXTY Tour new stage
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 31, 2022 10:40

bobo

Here we are celebrating 60 years and u moan about the stage??

Yes - the eye eats with you.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: May 31, 2022 10:43

Would have been a reasonable stage for a Dirty Work tour.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: May 31, 2022 11:05

Hairball
bluecore
PaintMonkeyManBlack
[youtu.be]

Even elton john has a far superior stage. In fact i think he stole two towers of no filter

Looks very good!!!

Incredibly good. thumbs up[/quot

Why don't you all go to see Elton instead and have a wonderful stage experience with shite music?

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 31, 2022 11:22

georgie48
Hairball
georgie48
For those who come see the stage, this new one might be (still don't now the final outcome!) disappointing, but for those who come to see (and hear) the Rolling Stones it's not a big deal, I'd say.

I remember seeing the Abu Dhabi stage being build in 2014 and had similar thoughts like some here in this thread. But really, once the band started playing, the stage image faded to the background. What I don't understand is some remarks like "cheap stage, expensive tickets". Compared with 2017/2018 the current ticket prices are down.
I think Belgium is the only location with just over $500 for the most expensive ones. The others are (well) under $500, even under $400. In the above mentioned years I remember ticket prices of over $800 and others over $600.
Stages ... who cares? It's just great to see and hear the "the boys" kick arse again! Those who saw them in clubs (with nothing at all stages), for sure understand what I mean.
smileys with beer

Hi georgie. smiling smiley

Going to a small club or theater show is one thing where the stage design is irrelevant and the band and music speaks for itself. But going to an overpriced massive stadium show you sort of want (and even expect) the giant spectacle and state of the art bells and whistles the Stones have been known to provide throughout the years. Something mind-blowing...mind boggling...something to be amazed at...something to remember ...something to cherish...something groundbreaking. As of now, this seems a step backwards. When you read descriptions and adjectives throughout this thread such as "Spinal Tap", "Flintstones", "Roadkill"...well...time will tell I suppose...
That said, I'm sure the shows will be great fun, and everyone should have a good time no matter how generic and lame the stage might be. Might as well make the most of it as this could be the last time...

Both NilsH and you are right from the point of view that we (as well as U2, Michael Jackson, Tina Turner, Etc. etc.) have grown into a massive entertainment thing over the past three to four decades. And yes, taking your girlfriend to a show with a much less spectacular stage for sure is somewhat disappointing. But maybe somehow the music of the Stones will turn her on . That would be great for both!
Maybe I'm so much at ease, because I've seen it all (well, not the even more primitive stages of the mid 60s during the BJ days. although, Amsterdam 1970 was a "nothing at all" stage too and so was Bristol 1971 and even Hamburg 1973winking smiley).

You mention "a step back", Hairball. That's exactly what I thought about Abu Dhabi in 2014. But then I saw other stages (!) of that same 14 On Fire tour, so Abu Dhabi must have been een economic choice. And maybe so is this SIXTY stage (with 14 shows only). The gamble of not making something huge again, while health is a serious issue among the members these days is, to me, an acceptable excuse. And "my" concert tickets are really cheaper than in 2017/2018 cool smiley

To NilsH I'd say "don't worry". It's her first Rolling Stones concert and she'll never forget that. I have spoken to countless people who only saw The Rolling Stones once in their lifetime and only a very few disappointments.

Enjoy!

smileys with beer

I know, but this stage makes me think of this:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-31 17:24 by bv.

Posted by: bluecore ()
Date: May 31, 2022 11:26

LOL>grinning smiley<

Date: May 31, 2022 11:37

Bassie en Adriaan!

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: May 31, 2022 12:54

Adriaantjééééé >grinning smiley<

The Stones have always been known for their massive, innovative and impressive stages since.. well, since stadium shows became a thing...

So when they celebrate their milestone 60th anniversary with a European Tour, and the cheapest ticket costs over €150, I think it's fair that people expect something a bit more impressive than this 'festival stage' with small screens and painted plastic frills..

Sure the band and the music are the most important. But a stage really adds a lot to the overall experience. Especially when you're not standing or sitting in the front half of the showfloor. When I talk to friends about past Stones tours, it goes like: "Oh yeah, do you remember that stage with the giant cobra, the huge inflatable dolls or the one with the extendable bridge"? Or more recently, the one with the crowd ín the walls of the stage or the one with the four huge videoscreen-pillars.. That's not gonna happen now..

Date: May 31, 2022 13:15

<The Stones have always been known for their massive, innovative and impressive stages since.. well, since stadium shows became a thing>

They scaled that down significantly after 2012, imo.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 31, 2022 14:02

I thought so too but seeing now how Elton basically just copied their whole setup they still seem to be setting the standards

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: May 31, 2022 14:18

Standard daily question: any more picssmiling smiley?

Date: May 31, 2022 14:40

Nikkei
I thought so too but seeing now how Elton basically just copied their whole setup they still seem to be setting the standards

Stufish design

Date: May 31, 2022 14:59

Nikkei
Pretty sure nobody will copy this new stage 'standard'

Date: May 31, 2022 15:18

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Nikkei

grinning smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: May 31, 2022 16:59

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Nikkei

smoking smileysmoking smileysmoking smiley

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: May 31, 2022 17:24

ribbelchips

The Stones have always been known for their massive, innovative and impressive stages since.. well, since stadium shows became a thing...

So when they celebrate their milestone 60th anniversary with a European Tour, and the cheapest ticket costs over €150, I think it's fair that people expect something a bit more impressive than this 'festival stage' with small screens and painted plastic frills..

Sure the band and the music are the most important. But a stage really adds a lot to the overall experience. Especially when you're not standing or sitting in the front half of the showfloor. When I talk to friends about past Stones tours, it goes like: "Oh yeah, do you remember that stage with the giant cobra, the huge inflatable dolls or the one with the extendable bridge"? Or more recently, the one with the crowd ín the walls of the stage or the one with the four huge videoscreen-pillars.. That's not gonna happen now..

Yeah. It is disappointing. Especially with the ticket I have, which is a bit back. Wish I had seen more No Filter shows instead. At least the screens were huge.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 31, 2022 17:42

I'll have to wait until the reports are officially in after opening night but...
The Rolling Stones have built most of their stages for long-haul, cross country/cross ocean/cross timeline lengthy touring cycles.

This one doesn't look like it was built for much more than a summer run and perhaps the sad reality sets in...

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 31, 2022 19:14

This is BVs pics and I think the screens are pretty bright. Maybe that will be a plus.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 31, 2022 22:01

Still a small ray of hope for a mini-set on the B-stage, though seems unlikely considering there was none in the US last Fall '21. The two song B-stage sets they did during the US 2019 mini-tour were excellent -
they played stripped down acoustic versions of tunes such as Play With Fire, Sweet Virginia, Dead Flowers, and Let it Bleed, and bringing back a B-stage mini acosutic set would be a welcome addition to the new shows
adding some uniqueness imo. It also might help people forget (or at least forgive) how underwhelming and mediocre the new full stage design is, but maybe without Charlie they feel a B-stage set isn't quite right.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 31, 2022 22:02

That's a small stage. Wow.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 31, 2022 23:01

They won't let us down. Gonna laugh if we get Fingerprint File out of this stage!

Posted by: piscatorFL ()
Date: May 31, 2022 23:12

shattered
They won't let us down. Gonna laugh if we get Fingerprint File out of this stage!
thumbs uphot smileyhot smileythumbs up

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 31, 2022 23:13

Lookin' good .... Its a time of celebration ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: May 31, 2022 23:37

Butt ugly......hot smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 31, 2022 23:45

Wow that looks great! Can't wait to see it when it's lit up!!!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 1, 2022 02:38

Hoping anyone in the pit who was there for No Filter could let us know if the new stage is any higher (!) or lower than
the previous stage, or about the same.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: moseslake ()
Date: June 1, 2022 05:22

ribbelchips

Lol.

Sorry, but Rolling Stones shows are about being rocked with a sensory overload of sound.

The bands on stage and it’s one of those nights. The drummer thinks he’s dynamite

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: June 1, 2022 08:51

angee
Hoping anyone in the pit who was there for No Filter could let us know if the new stage is any higher (!) or lower than

My impressions:
2014 the height of the stage was great.
2017 it was a higher.A little bit too high to, for instance, see Charlie's drumkit if you were standing pretty close.
2022: The pictures we've seen I think indicate that the stage is even higher this time (hope I'm wrong, time will tell).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-01 09:00 by Thommie.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 1, 2022 09:00

Nikkei

Not defending Elton John at all but... VOODOO LOUNGE copied U2's ZOO TV with the B-stage.

Not that having the same tour stage designer had anything to do with it... or Mick having seen U2 on that tour.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 1, 2022 09:16

angee

I get the impression that is more or less the same as in 2017/18

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 1, 2022 20:00

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 10 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1520
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home