Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 9 of 14
Re: SIXTY Tour new stage
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 30, 2022 19:09

btw I don't care for any expensive crap in my view this could be saved simply by removing the drapery

Posted by: bluecore ()
Date: May 30, 2022 19:11

The thing is simple. Money. High ticket prices minus expensive production is a high profit.

Date: May 30, 2022 19:18

If they're in the business of defying expectations they sure enough done it again

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 30, 2022 19:24

calipachangero
There is a bit of entitlement going on here..Nobody owes you anything, if you willingly pay these high prices for Pit, Golden, or Platinum Tickets, that is on you. The No Filter stage doesn't make sense anymore without Charlie. Want to see fireworks? Maybe try Rammstein. Want to see bigg light show and stage props? Mr. Waters will take care of you.
With the Stones you just want the thrill of the music. And that ain't nothing small. Actually it seems quiet big still, considering all circumstances.

Well this is what it said when I bought the tickets:

Unique set list
As you'd expect for their 60th anniversary celebrations, the Stones will be treating fans to a unique setlist, packed with classics such as "Gimme Shelter", "Paint It Black", "Jumpin' Jack Flash", "Tumbling Dice", "(I Can" t Get No) Satisfaction', 'Start Me Up' and many more. But it wouldn't be a Rolling Stones concert without some surprises per performance; this also includes a selection of unexpected choices from their enormous ars of songs. SIXTY will have a brand new production, including a huge stage, special light show and video design, all specially crafted for this highly anticipated European tour. In addition, British designer Mark Norton created a special new version of the Rolling Stones tongue, the band's trademark.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-30 19:25 by NilsHolgersson.

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: May 30, 2022 19:43

Nikkei
Yeah but after all this is a thread dedicated to the stage as they have a history with stages. People had expectations too in 2017 and everyone was excited to see that thing go up. It's perfectly reasonable to have some questions when it seems so clumsy in comparison.

"A History With Stages" Right-on, Thanx Nikkei

Date: May 30, 2022 19:56

swaff
Nikkei
Yeah but after all this is a thread dedicated to the stage as they have a history with stages. People had expectations too in 2017 and everyone was excited to see that thing go up. It's perfectly reasonable to have some questions when it seems so clumsy in comparison.

"A History With Stages" Right-on, Thanx Nikkei

smoking smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 30, 2022 20:35

NilsHolgersson

Well this is what it said when I bought the tickets:

This description: "And as always with the Stones, there will be a new, gigantic tour production, including a huge stage, spectacular lighting technology and a revolutionary video design - all specially developed for the long-awaited 'SIXTY' tour and befitting an appropriate anniversary" can still be read at the German local promoter - [www.FKPScorpio.com] - (in German).

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: May 30, 2022 21:01

I think this stage is going to surprise us, there will be something cool going on with those small screens above the stage, I think. Maybe they'll move around?

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: May 30, 2022 21:04

I mean, there is a system to fly a cam around in a stadium, why not use it for small screens? It can be done and would be spectacular and might explain the design of the roof.
Pure whishful thinking, I know!

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: May 30, 2022 21:31

For those who come see the stage, this new one might be (still don't now the final outcome!) disappointing, but for those who come to see (and hear) the Rolling Stones it's not a big deal, I'd say.

I remember seeing the Abu Dhabi stage being build in 2014 and had similar thoughts like some here in this thread. But really, once the band started playing, the stage image faded to the background. What I don't understand is some remarks like "cheap stage, expensive tickets". Compared with 2017/2018 the current ticket prices are down.
I think Belgium is the only location with just over $500 for the most expensive ones. The others are (well) under $500, even under $400. In the above mentioned years I remember ticket prices of over $800 and others over $600.
Stages ... who cares? It's just great to see and hear the "the boys" kick arse again! Those who saw them in clubs (with nothing at all stages), for sure understand what I mean.
smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: May 30, 2022 21:42

Hey in 2006 when I attended the Copacabana show, the stage really was a non-issue, the whole experience was so overwhelming, they could have played on the hotel balcony and it still would have been a blast!

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 30, 2022 21:55

georgie48
For those who come see the stage, this new one might be (still don't now the final outcome!) disappointing, but for those who come to see (and hear) the Rolling Stones it's not a big deal, I'd say.

I remember seeing the Abu Dhabi stage being build in 2014 and had similar thoughts like some here in this thread. But really, once the band started playing, the stage image faded to the background. What I don't understand is some remarks like "cheap stage, expensive tickets". Compared with 2017/2018 the current ticket prices are down.
I think Belgium is the only location with just over $500 for the most expensive ones. The others are (well) under $500, even under $400. In the above mentioned years I remember ticket prices of over $800 and others over $600.
Stages ... who cares? It's just great to see and hear the "the boys" kick arse again! Those who saw them in clubs (with nothing at all stages), for sure understand what I mean.
smileys with beer

Yes but I'm bringing my girlfriend to the concert and she doesn't know any of their songs, so I'm hoping a nice light show might make it a better experience for her

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 30, 2022 22:15

georgie48

smileys with beer

Hi georgie. smiling smiley

Going to a small club or theater show is one thing where the stage design is irrelevant and the band and music speaks for itself. But going to an overpriced massive stadium show you sort of want (and even expect) the giant spectacle and state of the art bells and whistles the Stones have been known to provide throughout the years. Something mind-blowing...mind boggling...something to be amazed at...something to remember ...something to cherish...something groundbreaking. As of now, this seems a step backwards. When you read descriptions and adjectives throughout this thread such as "Spinal Tap", "Flintstones", "Roadkill"...well...time will tell I suppose...
That said, I'm sure the shows will be great fun, and everyone should have a good time no matter how generic and lame the stage might be. Might as well make the most of it as this could be the last time...

Date: May 30, 2022 23:18

[youtu.be]

Even elton john has a far superior stage. In fact i think he stole two towers of no filter

Date: May 30, 2022 23:26

PaintMonkeyManBlack

In fact i think he stole two towers of no filter

Looks similar to my idea - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] :

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-30 23:50 by Irix.

Date: May 30, 2022 23:36

PaintMonkeyManBlack
[youtu.be]

Even elton john has a far superior stage. In fact i think he stole two towers of no filter

Looks very good!!! I doubt it is also designed by Stufish...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-30 23:40 by bluecore.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 30, 2022 23:40

bluecore
PaintMonkeyManBlack
[youtu.be]

Looks very good!!!

Incredibly good. thumbs up

Date: May 30, 2022 23:40

PaintMonkeyManBlack

[youtu.be]

Date: May 30, 2022 23:45

Irix
PaintMonkeyManBlack

[youtu.be]

After that the Sixty stage is a joke. Bad one.

Date: May 30, 2022 23:46

The transparent roof is a clue that it was probably made by the same people. That's not a concept you just rip off like that, it might well be patented.

Date: May 30, 2022 23:49

Posted by: Putty ()
Date: May 31, 2022 00:14

Any recent photos from the stage?

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 31, 2022 00:28

Putty

Interesting. Some of the pictures are gone. Maybe the Stones made them take the photos down.

Posted by: Putty ()
Date: May 31, 2022 00:44

Let’s keep the faith. It may all come to life with the lights and the band on stage. Hopefully.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: May 31, 2022 00:54

schwonek
Putty

Interesting. Some of the pictures are gone. Maybe the Stones made them take the photos down.

They are probably embarrassed by how bad it is (if they have any pride they should be)

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: May 31, 2022 01:44

Here we are celebrating 60 years and u moan about the stage?? Why am I not surprised about that from this forum. U make me laugh. Pathetic.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 31, 2022 01:48

"Unique set list
As you'd expect for their 60th anniversary celebrations, the Stones will be treating fans to a unique setlist, packed with classics such as "Gimme Shelter", "Paint It Black", "Jumpin' Jack Flash", "Tumbling Dice", "(I Can" t Get No) Satisfaction', 'Start Me Up' and many more" -

Ie hardly any unique songs... just like since 2013. One or two in the early middle of the show, the rest is just the usual.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 31, 2022 01:52

bobo
Here we are celebrating 60 years and u moan about the stage?? Why am I not surprised about that from this forum. U make me laugh. Pathetic.

You speak the truth Bobo.

Date: May 31, 2022 09:52

bobo
Maybe don't judge for other people?

60 years should be a reason to put on a great show. The stage is a big part of the show. The Stones always were innovative and made sure there were great stages which would impressive you. I am not asking about Steel Wheels or ABB Part 2. But this puts the Stones in a place where they don't belong. From what we have seen this stage is easily in the worst 5% percentille of the current touring bands. Ofcourse things are expensive and logistics are difficult. But other bands can pull it off. The Stones are the Top League. This stage is amateur league.

Sure it will be great to see the Stones. But I just cannot get my head around how they decided to go with this stage. It just feels weird and very un-jagger/stones like.

MAYBE we will be suprised and the stage will be better at night. I remember a lot of critism of the No Filter stage before the first show. Maybe (very very unlikely) this is just a placeholder stage because there are problems somewhere.

We will see.

Looking forward to see the boys, but bit embarrased taking friends paying top dollar to see the greatest band on earth play on stage worse than every mediocre stadium band touring.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: May 31, 2022 10:13

Hairball
georgie48

smileys with beer

Hi georgie. smiling smiley

Going to a small club or theater show is one thing where the stage design is irrelevant and the band and music speaks for itself. But going to an overpriced massive stadium show you sort of want (and even expect) the giant spectacle and state of the art bells and whistles the Stones have been known to provide throughout the years. Something mind-blowing...mind boggling...something to be amazed at...something to remember ...something to cherish...something groundbreaking. As of now, this seems a step backwards. When you read descriptions and adjectives throughout this thread such as "Spinal Tap", "Flintstones", "Roadkill"...well...time will tell I suppose...
That said, I'm sure the shows will be great fun, and everyone should have a good time no matter how generic and lame the stage might be. Might as well make the most of it as this could be the last time...

Both NilsH and you are right from the point of view that we (as well as U2, Michael Jackson, Tina Turner, Etc. etc.) have grown into a massive entertainment thing over the past three to four decades. And yes, taking your girlfriend to a show with a much less spectacular stage for sure is somewhat disappointing. But maybe somehow the music of the Stones will turn her on . That would be great for both!
Maybe I'm so much at ease, because I've seen it all (well, not the even more primitive stages of the mid 60s during the BJ days. although, Amsterdam 1970 was a "nothing at all" stage too and so was Bristol 1971 and even Hamburg 1973winking smiley).

You mention "a step back", Hairball. That's exactly what I thought about Abu Dhabi in 2014. But then I saw other stages (!) of that same 14 On Fire tour, so Abu Dhabi must have been een economic choice. And maybe so is this SIXTY stage (with 14 shows only). The gamble of not making something huge again, while health is a serious issue among the members these days is, to me, an acceptable excuse. And "my" concert tickets are really cheaper than in 2017/2018 cool smiley

To NilsH I'd say "don't worry". It's her first Rolling Stones concert and she'll never forget that. I have spoken to countless people who only saw The Rolling Stones once in their lifetime and only a very few disappointments.

Enjoy!

smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 9 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1246
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home