Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 14
Re: SIXTY Tour new stage
Posted by: mariano ()
Date: May 30, 2022 01:49

grinning smiley

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 30, 2022 01:50

Maybe it will be loaded with balloons after the dress rehearsal so it can blow up like a pinata

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 30, 2022 01:55

bluecore
rogerriffin

60th anniversary and worst production ever. This must be a bad dream. Yes music is the number one reason to go...but still...They are The Rolling Stones.

I have a feeling Charlie would have disapproved and politely given some constructive criticism such as - "Tear it down and start from scratch".

Posted by: Putty ()
Date: May 30, 2022 02:07

It’s a bit like the FlintStones.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 30, 2022 07:39

Dismal. Wow.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: May 30, 2022 08:25

OMG! This is ugly! The No Filter stage design was ultimate and this is five steps back. The No Filter stage as one whole screen was a very smart solution. It was possible to change the "design" constantly. And now its an ugly design and the screens are small again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-30 08:25 by micha063.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: May 30, 2022 12:26

lets see when the stage is complete. most afraid of the small screens.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 30, 2022 13:19

The stage is probably built to tour the world. Easy to get to remote places, which is great news for the SIXTY tour when it comes to those who do not live in Central Europe and North America, where they have been touring so far since 2017.

The vider graphics are great, I saw them as I did the last Club Atlético Madrid stadium tour before the team tour closed until after the show, my tour was at 1:30pm Friday May 27. By then the stage was quite ready, and they were running the new graphics up on the screens.

The design concept is reminding me of the stage they had in Buenos Aires and some other far travel places 2006, see images in the BA report here:

[iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: May 30, 2022 14:07

Never were tickets this expensive in Europe.
So if you pay €150 for the cheapest seats you’ll not only hear the sound of a bunker but you’ll have to watch a screen the size of a gameboy.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 30, 2022 14:09

BowieStone
So if you pay €150 for the cheapest seats you’ll not only hear the sound of a bunker but you’ll have to watch a screen the size of a gameboy.

I think that at least in Germany the tickets are actually a bit cheaper this time around, compared to 2017 and 2018?

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 30, 2022 14:20

BowieStone

lol

Rod

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 30, 2022 14:22

bv
The stage is probably built to tour the world. Easy to get to remote places, which is great news for the SIXTY tour when it comes to those who do not live in Central Europe and North America, where they have been touring so far since 2017.

The vider graphics are great, I saw them as I did the last Club Atlético Madrid stadium tour before the team tour closed until after the show, my tour was at 1:30pm Friday May 27. By then the stage was quite ready, and they were running the new graphics up on the screens.

The design concept is reminding me of the stage they had in Buenos Aires and some other far travel places 2006, see images in the BA report here:

[iorr.org]

Their other stages, you know the big, good ones, toured the world ok in the past didn’t they? Or did they break?

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-30 14:23 by bitusa2012.

Date: May 30, 2022 14:32

BowieStone

How do you know the center screen won't be huge? smiling smiley

Posted by: MRAmandaJones ()
Date: May 30, 2022 14:33

I think BV means that the most ambitious stages (No Filter, A Bigger Bang) were only took in NA and Europe.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: May 30, 2022 14:36

any new pics?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 30, 2022 14:36

Topi

I think that at least in Germany the tickets are actually a bit cheaper this time around, compared to 2017 and 2018?

Not really - Pit was in 2017/18 €799 while the 2022 TopSeats are instead €776 - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

In 2018, A-Blocks in Stuttgart were €499 and Pit €799 while in 2022 Munich Pit was €526 and A-Blocks (TopSeats) FrontOfStage €776 respectively €526 behind the TopSeats. 2018 prices - [Web.Archive.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-30 15:15 by Irix.

Date: May 30, 2022 14:37

Topi
BowieStone

Yes. 110 for a standing place.

Date: May 30, 2022 14:38

Putty
It’s a bit like the FlintStones.

>grinning smiley<

Date: May 30, 2022 14:39

mosthigh
Looks like it could have been the stage from the aborted 1985 tour.

Indeed.

Date: May 30, 2022 14:43

Irix
Topi

Not really - Pit was in 2017/18 €799 while the 2022 TopSeats are instead €776 - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

I am not talking about the dynamically priced TopSeats, I am talking about face value ticket prices. Apologies, should have been clear on that, but that's just my default setting - Platinum's/VIP's/TopSeats etc. don't mean anything to me smiling smiley Face value pits this year are, what, 530€?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-30 14:48 by Topi.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 30, 2022 14:46

Topi
Irix
Topi

I am not talking about the dynamically priced TopSeats, I am talking about face value ticket prices. Apologies, should have been clear on that, but that's just my default setting. smiling smiley Face value pits this year are, what, 530€?

Pit tickets are cheaper this time but the nosebleeds are way more expensive this time. People are not up to pay 240€ for sitting at the back of the stadium.

Date: May 30, 2022 14:50

Okay, right, so there is variation and the average price probably hasn't changed, at least it's not cheaper.

Also looks like the price of a pair of Lucky Dips is just about the same as it was in 2018.

Date: May 30, 2022 14:51

Irix
Topi

That is a bit cheaper, isn't it? smiling smiley

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 30, 2022 14:51

I am guessing that the simplification of the stage design is the result of the world economical crisis. It probably needs a smaller team and less equipment and trucks. It is also a big business that needs not to go in the red.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: May 30, 2022 14:56

My objection to this stage is that it is cheap and tawdry and does not justify the high ticket prices. I remember Mick did an interview - around Steel Wheels or Voodoo Lounge - where he was saying that it was okay to charge a lot if you gave value for money with a great production, and so with the amazing Steel Wheels or Voodoo Lounge stage the high price was justified. But this time around we are paying the highest prices ever for a cheap tacky stage with tiny screens. Looking back at the 2014 stage and the Maris show in particular, I was struck by hale massive the screens were the compared to the “game boy” screens this time around. I hope Mick and/or the Stones camp read this chat and thunk about redesigning the stage (they have done this before - eg the changes to the backdrop on the Licks tour).

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 30, 2022 14:57

DandelionPowderman
Irix
Topi

That is a bit cheaper, isn't it? smiling smiley

It's so you can go get a popsicle while waiting in there

Date: May 30, 2022 15:00

john lomax
My objection to this stage is that it is cheap and tawdry and does not justify the high ticket prices. I remember Mick did an interview - around Steel Wheels or Voodoo Lounge - where he was saying that it was okay to charge a lot if you gave value for money with a great production, and so with the amazing Steel Wheels or Voodoo Lounge stage the high price was justified. But this time around we are paying the highest prices ever for a cheap tacky stage with tiny screens. Looking back at the 2014 stage and the Maris show in particular, I was struck by hale massive the screens were the compared to the “game boy” screens this time around. I hope Mick and/or the Stones camp read this chat and thunk about redesigning the stage (they have done this before - eg the changes to the backdrop on the Licks tour).

But how do you know the center screen isn't huge?

And I think we should wait and see how this stage is in action – during a show – before we reach a verdict smiling smiley

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: May 30, 2022 15:02

DandelionPowderman
john lomax

And I think we should wait and see how this stage is in action – during a show – before we reach a verdict smiling smiley

Yes, that’s true - and from what I can see the centre screen does look pretty big. Ok I will wait to see how it goes on Wednesday night

Date: May 30, 2022 15:03

john lomax
DandelionPowderman
john lomax

Yes, that’s true - and from what I can see the centre screen does look pretty big. Ok I will wait to see how it goes on Wednesday night

The way the stage is build you can only see the center screen if you are in front of it. Every bit you move to the side you will be compromised in your view more and more.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: May 30, 2022 15:03

We must not forget that the tour only consists of 14 shows. It must be profitable. Sure, the Bigger Bang stage was much more impressive, but the costs of that thing could be spread over about 140 shows...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1904
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home