Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 14
Re: SIXTY Tour new stage
Date: May 27, 2022 11:03

tiffanyblu
No Filter was a big improvement compared to 2014. Altough one must acknowledge that the stage in 2014 had a very different layout depending on venue. But one thing that I admired with NF was that our guys were back to having unique stage setups - whereas 2014 felt like the standard rock band setup (and festival).
yes exactly this.

Unique stages, love them. never forget the first time I saw the ABB stage in real life. Was speechless.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: May 27, 2022 11:07

At the moment it looks a bit like a big giant screen stage but as if a substitute structure was used instead of a proper one. Maybe that's the case, they did not get the proper structure on time.

Date: May 27, 2022 11:10

There is a steel structure more right and left then where the side screens are/should be.

today we will see the full stage

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-27 11:12 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: May 27, 2022 11:45

Maybe there is a small screen above the main stage for each of the additonal band members?

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: May 27, 2022 13:42

And what is this construction over the tribune, could the stage extend that wide left and right?

Date: May 27, 2022 13:51

Well spotted!

Posted by: mk76 ()
Date: May 27, 2022 14:35

shattered1978
And what is this construction over the tribune, could the stage extend that wide left and right?

I guess they are temporary stairs so that the audience can enter the front section(s) from there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-27 14:36 by mk76.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 27, 2022 14:47

mk76
shattered1978

I guess they are temporary stairs so that the audience can enter the front section(s) from there.

That's what I thought as well.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: May 27, 2022 15:21

Topi
mk76
shattered1978

That's what I thought as well.

Definitely stairs for audience, I looked at photos from other concerts.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: May 27, 2022 17:08

Any more picturesgrinning smiley?

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 27, 2022 17:09

Maybe the screens will make one huge 16:9 screens.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: May 27, 2022 18:08

rogerriffin

OMG, the stage is so high, hardly possible to see anything from the Pit... At least when you're front line

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-27 18:09 by Stoneswolf.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 27, 2022 18:12

Stoneswolf
rogerriffin

OMG, the stage is so high, hardly possible to see anything from the Pit... At least when you're front line

I'd don't think that the stage is higher than last time. The front rail (of the pit) has never been at the edge of stage.

beside that I wonder if the uninspired stage design somehow reflects the uninspired design of the posters we've seen last year. In both cases a kind of supervision by Charlie might be missing

Date: May 27, 2022 18:17

slewan
Stoneswolf
rogerriffin

I'd don't think that the stage is higher than last time. The front rail (of the pit) has never been at the edge of stage.

beside that I wonder if the uninspired stage design somehow reflects the uninspired design of the posters we've seen last year. In both cases a kind of supervision by Charlie might be missing

Guess also that since only a few shows are planned - they need to keep costs down. But exactly as you say - one is a bit afraid that creativity is lacking… I still hope the end result is good. In some ways I feel they NEED to do something different this time around. Just another No Filter show with a less attractive stage? I really hope they have something special planned and that the design will surprise us. But please remove the festival roof…

Date: May 27, 2022 19:05

Another view of the new stage from yesterday

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 27, 2022 19:46

So with No Filter having four columns of screen I see the logic of having eight this time

Date: May 27, 2022 21:04

rogerriffin
JUST LIKE 14-15-16 MODEL

Thanks Spunky

Lets see what more they add on. Atm its looking exactly like the 14 on fire with new colors. See 1st picture. Are they just reusing that one :p? Lets see if we get something retro - like a doll or anything new (holograms!).

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 27, 2022 22:24

Stoneswolf
rogerriffin

comparing the stage to the No Filter stage in 2018 (see: [www.youtube.com]) it doesn't seem that much higher

Date: May 27, 2022 23:49

Looking back… I seem to have forgotten just how ugly some of these stages have been in the last 10 years. Could be any generic rock band having a concert…

[images.app.goo.gl]

[images.app.goo.gl]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-27 23:53 by tiffanyblu.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: May 28, 2022 00:54

Man that 14 on Fire stage in Japan is super-ugly. I think it also really short-changes the fans - if you imagine that At the Tokyo Dome (which is massive) they’ve had the Steel Wheels stage and all the other great stages, and then they turn up in 2014 with that cheap and nasty monstrosity. I hope the new stage is good given the sky-high ticket prices.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 28, 2022 00:58

tiffanyblu
Looking back… I seem to have forgotten just how ugly some of these stages have been in the last 10 years. Could be any generic rock band having a concert…

[images.app.goo.gl]

[images.app.goo.gl]

Looks like the new stage could be a recycled regurgitation of the ugly Cuban stage.

Posted by: Dalgtor ()
Date: May 28, 2022 04:29

I know there's still work to be done on this stage, but definitely surprised to see them scaling down, which is very unfortunate.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: May 28, 2022 04:37

john lomax
Man that 14 on Fire stage in Japan is super-ugly. I think it also really short-changes the fans - if you imagine that At the Tokyo Dome (which is massive) they’ve had the Steel Wheels stage and all the other great stages, and then they turn up in 2014 with that cheap and nasty monstrosity. I hope the new stage is good given the sky-high ticket prices.

Yes, it does look el cheapo. In all honesty, though, when I attended one of the Tokyo Dome shows 2014, I felt neither disappointed or shortchanged with the economical stage set in particular. And I had caught their shows every time they toured Japan since their first in 1990. I don’t remember I heard complaints from other fans, either.

What matters is, despite the “ugly” settings, the Stones’ third and final performance at the dome in 2014 — that is their last onstage appearance in Japan so far — is one of the very best they delivered in the country. Below is a self-quote of my post on “What was your favorite Stones show you attended between 2012 & 2018?” thread:

RisingStone
Sorry I can’t resist the temptation to put all the shows I was at during the required period in order of preference.

1. Tokyo #3 2014
2. Manchester 2018
3. O2 London #2 2012
4. Hyde Park London #2 2013
5. Düsseldorf 2017
6. Edinburgh 2018

For me, Tokyo #3 2014 is not only the best show among those I saw between 2012 and 2018, but also unbeatable of all the Stones gigs I have attended since my first one in 1989. Not a few claim it was the single greatest RS show that happened in Japan, I just couldn’t believe myself that such a strong performance was achieved by them as late at a timing in their carreer as this.

That evening, the Stones gave everything, and then some, and then some more..! Towards the end of Satisfaction, Mick was totally immersed in his singing, looking obsessed. Every one of us who was there was awestruck in disbelief by Mick who kept shouting in an almost unstoppable mode, “Ai yi yi yi yi yi yi yi yi...........!!!” When everything was over, Mick Taylor was seen sending applause to his boss.

That was by far their last Japanese show, and they could have gone out with a bang if they won’t set foot in Japan ever after!

[iorr.org]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 28, 2022 05:48

Charlie is not involved.

Perhaps he was on the one or two people are talking about being lame. So be it.

But this one should be something. Like U2's THE JOSHUA TREE in 2017 - absolutely amazing. Or even their 360 tour.

It does seem quite a bit drab and uninspired.

Date: May 28, 2022 11:04

El cheapo still life vibes. Hope i am wrong

Date: May 28, 2022 13:25

More pics please!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 28, 2022 13:26

Stones should arrive in a stage coach .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 28, 2022 13:36

Looks like a shed you’d see at a county fair show in the US so far. Pretty damn ordinary for the 60th anniversary shows as it is at the moment.

Rod

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 28, 2022 13:50

Wait till they get the
Fairy-Floss machine crankin' in da pit ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 28, 2022 13:59

domonkos who says he's seen the stage today posted this hint in the rehearsal thread

If you loved the 81 and Olé! stages, you will love this one too.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1942
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home