Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 14
SIXTY Tour new stage
Posted by: swaff ()
Date: May 25, 2022 03:39

Getting excited here. Any shots of the new stage yet???

Re: SIXTY Tour new stage
Date: May 25, 2022 04:24

Looks like the construction of the new stage began yesterday (May 23) at the Wanda Metropolitano. Some pics have been shared on Facebook and Instagram thumbs up

Can't wait to see the new stage! hot smiley

[www.facebook.com]

[www.instagram.com]

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-28 01:19 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Date: May 25, 2022 08:15

Yeaahh

Today we wil know a lot more

Date: May 25, 2022 08:25

Looks a lot like the 14 of fire base with that roof.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: May 25, 2022 09:05

I expect a not too elaborate stage design, maybe just a giant screen with a roof.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: May 25, 2022 12:33

Papo
I expect a not too elaborate stage design, maybe just a giant screen with a roof.

Certainly hope not. Did like the NF set up!

And with the prices I demand a decent stage winking smiley

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 25, 2022 13:22

I am sure Mick came up with a great design. I loved the No Filter towers, but since Charlie passed away the four towers dont make sense any more. It is good to come up with a new design.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 25, 2022 13:32

I hope I'm close enough not to see much of the stage

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 25, 2022 15:09

slewan

Better not come close, you won’t see much of the stage. But you know that. I rather see less of the stage and see more of Keith, Mick, Ronnie and the others cool smiley

Date: May 25, 2022 16:09

Christiaan
slewan

Better not come close, you won’t see much of the stage. But you know that. I rather see less of the stage and see more of Keith, Mick, Ronnie and the others cool smiley

from everywhere outside the pit there's too much of the stage to been seen

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: May 25, 2022 16:15

Hope it won't look to cheap. Once again built on a standart festival stage...
I thought they learnt their lesson with the 2014-16 stage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-25 16:15 by Stonesfan2146.

Date: May 25, 2022 16:48

can't wait to see new pictures. But sure looks like 14-16 all over.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 25, 2022 17:30

Stonesfan2146
Hope it won't look to cheap. Once again built on a standart festival stage...
I thought they learnt their lesson with the 2014-16 stage.

They did learn the important lesson namely that it was the perfect height. Don't know what the beef with the festival setup is? There's probably reasons why it is most popular.

Date: May 25, 2022 17:46

I'll show you why I don't like it, I posted about the problem a while ago.

Date: May 25, 2022 17:50

This is what I posted about the last festival stage we had:

I think the 14 On Fire stage really wasn't a good choice by the band, and I think they realized it themselves later. Even if the initial design revealed in Olso looked very cool, in many concerts (For example Madrid) they couldn't even use the whole stage design, maybe because of logistics, and it looked very strange.

In 2015 and on the Australia leg of 2014 they couldn't use some of the inner frame parts due to the stage being too low to fit them, which also made the stage look incomplete if you knew the original design from the Europe tour. Just check out Hunter Valley. I think everyone would have preferred the No Filter stage at that point. The big weak point of the stage was just that it also worked with some of the parts missing, so some concerts had the Stones touring with an almost completely standart festival stage - which for me looked cheap and not suited for a concert like this.

Full stage in Paris

Arlington in 2015, on all 2015/2016 shows and some in 2014, the inner frame sides were missing

Madrid with a lot missing. Posters in the live thread were already commenting on it, some people saying this looks "low budget"

Hunter Valley, well, not much to say here...

So I really hope they will never use a standart festival stage as a backdrop again, because then something like on that tour can't happen at all. It never happened during previous tours with their own setup.

Maybe that's even why they went with the No Filter tour design being so simple, because it can't have any missing parts. I'm sure the Stones were not happy to see this happening during their tour with their own stage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-25 17:51 by Stonesfan2146.

Posted by: Martin90 ()
Date: May 25, 2022 17:58

Maybe they design a stage that could fit the BST shows in Hyde Park? Not necessarily cheap but something more easy to build or adapt.

Last month Metallica played here in Buenos Aires and they put their own stage in a "festival design" with the roof and all that stuff.

Here's an image of what i'm saying.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 25, 2022 18:00

I agree only building up half of it has a negative impact. The design itself however still holds up and as a backdrop it made for better photos than during the whole of No Filter. These pixelated background pics just aren't nice to look at

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-25 18:01 by Nikkei.

Date: May 25, 2022 18:04

True, the clean look of the no filter stage had it's charme but was very simple. I think I'd still prefer the No Filter stage over some of those 2014-16 stages in the pics above.

And it's true, the stage doesn't have to look that much like the standart festival stage, we will see in the next hours and days what Stufish came up with but I guess the budget was not extremely high.

The No Filter stage was for sure more expensive to build than the 14 on fire stage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-25 18:05 by Stonesfan2146.

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: May 25, 2022 18:37

I have to say that the days of "inflatables" may be gone. (For now) Truth be told I'm a huge fan.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 26, 2022 07:10

slewan

I’ll never forget I was front row with my wife in Adelaide, 14 on Fire tour in 2014. So close to the stage that we never saw the fireworks at show’s end. We were walking back to hotel after and I was saying to wife that I was sure they did fireworks. Someone overheard me and say “they did” and showed me pics they took from up in the grandstand. They were great shots of the “event” we missed from being front row!!

Rod

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: May 26, 2022 12:50

Martin90
Maybe they design a stage that could fit the BST shows in Hyde Park? Not necessarily cheap but something more easy to build or adapt.

For a purely selfish reason it would be a benefit for the fans who only go see Hyde Park shows like me as we won’t miss muchwinking smiley

Saying that, I remember Roger Waters’ BST show in 2018 somehow managed bringing in most of the substantial props and gimmicks to the festival stage, including that huge, impressive “rise of Battersea Power Station”. We may not miss much of the standard stadium set at the park this time as well — I hope so.

Date: May 26, 2022 15:03

can anyone post some pictures of the stage for those who don't have access to instagram etc.? Thanks!

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 26, 2022 15:25

slewan
can anyone post some pictures of the stage for those who don't have access to instagram etc.? Thanks!

Sorry I can’t!! Not that I have new pictures though. But i always have problems posting pictures here spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 26, 2022 16:15

slewan

can anyone post some pictures of the stage for those who don't have access to instagram etc.?

Some early stage-pictures were posted in the Madrid-thread - [iorr.org] :

DiegoGlimmerStones

Day 3 #rollingstones

[www.instagram.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-26 16:41 by Irix.

Date: May 26, 2022 16:29

I'll post some when there are any news, right now the only change was that the roof got put up, nothing to see yet.

Date: May 26, 2022 16:54

Irix
slewan

can anyone post some pictures of the stage for those who don't have access to instagram etc.?

Some early stage-pictures were posted in the Madrid-thread - [iorr.org] :

DiegoGlimmerStones

Day 3 #rollingstones

[www.instagram.com]

Thanks!
(I have to admit the stage doesn't look very promising…)

Date: May 26, 2022 17:20

If you think about 14 On Fire it really doesn't.
I really liked the roof of the No Filter tour stage, very small and transparent for most part.

I'm really concerned it might at some point look like this again, with the roof being the biggest design element of the stage:

This is btw another leg where the frame didn't fit under the roof so they had to lower the whole frame, so you could basically see the steel structure above the video frames at the right and left sides.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-26 17:22 by Stonesfan2146.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: May 26, 2022 17:40

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: May 26, 2022 18:01

How does it 'not look promising'? It's literally just scaffolding at the moment! confused smiley

Give it a chance!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: May 26, 2022 18:02

Does this stage look wider that the 2014 stage? And it looks like the screens ar the side are wider too

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1973
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home