Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
UDiscoverMusic Canada grand opening sale, 50% 4 LP Honk...
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 23, 2022 00:53

For you vinyl enthusiasts, only $55.99 Canadian for the multicolour 4 lp box set.

[shop.udiscovermusic.ca]

PASSWORD: UWELCOME

I just picked up a couple. Free shipping as well if to a Canadian address.

GHS Super Deluxe Vinyl is also 50% off.

Some other cool stuff too.

It was my pleasure to let you know. UWELCOME!

Re: UDiscoverMusic Canada grand opening sale, 50% 4 LP Honk...
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 23, 2022 02:20

thanks

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 23, 2022 03:30

Damn that shipping charge to the US almost wiped out the Honk savings. angry smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-23 08:40 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: May 23, 2022 03:38

So I just went thru the process and tried to order Honk and like I said the shipping to here is about $25. Went back to apply the unwelcome code and it didn’t like that discount code, but then when I added GHS deluxe there was no charge for it. And no charge for honk either. All I had to pay was $36 shipping!!!!??? Will see if that holds. If so, that will be the GREATEST purchase I’ve ever made regarding the Stones!!!! Both for $36 Canadian which is about $28.50 American!!!

Date: May 23, 2022 03:40

VoodooLounge13
So I just went thru the process and tried to order Honk and like I said the shipping to here is about $25. Went back to apply the unwelcome code and it didn’t like that discount code, but then when I added GHS deluxe there was no charge for it. And no charge for honk either. All I had to pay was $36 shipping!!!!??? Will see if that holds. If so, that will be the GREATEST purchase I’ve ever made regarding the Stones!!!! Both for $36 Canadian which is about $28.50 American!!!

Congrats! I hope!

And if it works out, I feel I should get some sort of commission!

Date: May 23, 2022 03:42

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

Congrats! I hope!

Lol. If ever we meet at a show I will buy you a beer!!! Many thanks. Fingers crossed it does work!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-23 03:43 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: May 23, 2022 03:54

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

Congrats! I hope!

Lol. If ever we meet at a show I will buy you a beer!!! Many thanks. Fingers crossed it does work!!

Funny, if what you say is correct, instead of UWELCOME, like I said the code was, you say you typed unwelcome, which is hilarious in and of itself.

SO, if that's the case of course it rejected but maybe got you the deal of the century. I tried just now to use unwelcome and it rejected, but it gave me the 50% off price anyway. Maybe just a glitch for non-Canadian addresses?

Dunno, but good luck! I felt pretty happy getting the 4 LP set for half price anyway. I notice they sell regularly on DISCOGs for over $90 plus shipping.

It's funny, EVERY copy of the 4 LP HONK for sale on discogs is in sealed condition. It's like everyone just bought them to be museum copies.

I'm going to open one of mine!

Date: May 23, 2022 04:17

I would have bought two if I’d a known it’d be free!! And with GHS too! One to sell reasonably cheaply! But hey beggars can’t be pushers lol. My email confirmation has them both as free as well. Let’s see what happens! They aren’t shipping until 5/25.

And yes I did type unwelcome which I had thought was a weird code!! Lol

I do have the blue honk that was exclusive to Target. I want to get the CSN9 version if only for the cover.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-23 05:31 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: May 23, 2022 04:52

VoodooLounge13
I would have bought two if I’d a known it’d be free!! And with GHS too! One to sell reasonably cheaply! But hey beggars can’t be pushers lol. My email confirmation as them both as free as well. Let’s see what happens! They aren’t shipping until 5/25.

And yes I did type unwelcome which I had thought was a weird code!! Lol

I do have the blue honk that was exclusive to Target. I want to get the CSN9 version if only for the cover.

I have the blue target, and the CSN9, and the double and triple black vinyls.

There is one I don't have, a red double album version that was released before CSN9 as a special release, kind of like they did with Target, but I don't recall what it was for.

Date: May 23, 2022 05:38

Red Translucent

This one??

Date: May 23, 2022 05:41

I didn’t realize there was a single disc version of this comp. I don’t believe I have that. Can’t be 100% as most of my collection is packed away in boxes with no places to display it in our condo.

Date: May 23, 2022 06:03

VoodooLounge13
Red Translucent

This one??

Yeah, I guess that's the one.

Date: May 23, 2022 06:05

VoodooLounge13
I didn’t realize there was a single disc version of this comp. I don’t believe I have that. Can’t be 100% as most of my collection is packed away in boxes with no places to display it in our condo.

I don't think there's a single disc vinyl. Just the CD.

I had my stuff packed away/unsorted for years. Just organized everything with discogs. A revelation. Stuff I bought 15-20 years ago I 'found' again, forgetting I even owned it.

It's amazing how much vinyl has appreciated.

Date: May 23, 2022 08:39

So I went back to see if it would still hold the $0 price and tons of items were marked $0. So I threw all this stuff in my cart thinking if I only had to pay shipping why not!?! Well some of it can’t be shipped to the US which stinks because things like the Uber Deluxe of All Things Must Pass was showing up free!! Same for both the vinyl and cd versions of TY deluxe, but the vinyl can’t be shipped to the US. Same for the super deluxe of Flaming Pie and some albums I’d hoped to get.

In the end I paid again just for shipping $81 Canadian which isn’t quite $69 American and this time I got:

Chris Cornell - No One Sings Like You Anymore CD
TY - 4 disc deluxe Boxset
Stones in Mono CD Boxset
Big hits - RSD aquamarine vinyl
Atlantic City - 2 CD/Blu-ray set
LIB - 50th anniversary LP
Thru The Past Darkly - RSD orange vinyl
Bridge to Bremen - 3LP gold vinyl
TY - clear vinyl deluxe Keef cover
Lived Live in NYC - 3LP white vinyl
LIB - 50th anniversary deluxe 2LP/2CD + 7” Boxset
RNR Circus - 50th 3LP vinyl
Atlantic City - 4LP colored vinyl

All this plus the GHS super deluxe vinyl and 4 colored LP Honk for less than $100!!!!!! Fingers crossed this all holds!! Holy cow!! This second order doesn’t ship til 6/10 but I have the confirmation email that my order is placed and like the first order, I already received notification from my credit card company of the exact amount charged in a foreign country!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-23 14:58 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: May 23, 2022 08:43

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

I don't think there's a single disc vinyl. Just the CD.

I had my stuff packed away/unsorted for years. Just organized everything with discogs. A revelation. Stuff I bought 15-20 years ago I 'found' again, forgetting I even owned it.

It's amazing how much vinyl has appreciated.

No, not a single vinyl. I was referencing the CD version. I believe I have the 2 and I know I have the 3 disc versions. Don’t think I have the single disc. I was tempted to order the black 2 lp version of honk whilst ordering everything else but decided against it.

Date: May 23, 2022 08:45

And yes vinyl has gone up considerably! Trying to find a decent copy of an original SF can’t be done for less than $75 anymore. I have an original VL still sealed that I’ve been watching but that’s about $100. Insane!!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 23, 2022 10:26

i agree the price of vinyl is insane

but you can still find good deals

i have a original vinyl copy of vl not sealed but in very good condition and i paid $30 dollars for it at a local record shop about 3 years ago

same place i got an original copy of wandering spirit on vinyl last year for $20 sealed

and i was pretty lucky last year with ebay too

i got a sealed copy of some girls from 79 for $45 and a sealed canadian copy of the soundtrack for performance for $25

next up a sealed copy of emotional rescue once i find one for the right price

Date: May 23, 2022 15:00

Wow Wolf those ARE some great finds!!! I need to shop where you do! LOL

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: May 23, 2022 16:18

Fingers Crossed grinning smiley

Date: May 23, 2022 16:21

ribbelchips

Fingers Crossed grinning smiley

HOLY CRAP!

Keep Your TreacleFingers crossed alright!

I'll bet the issue is they've created it for the Canadian marketplace and while they sell for international too, there's a glitch in the online software.

NICE PICKS!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-23 16:23 by treaclefingers.

Date: May 23, 2022 16:22

I tried to get the black El Mo but it wouldn’t ship to the US for me. But yes that’s how it all worked. Crazy!!!

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: May 23, 2022 16:32

I can't imagine they're actually going to ship it, but a buddy of mine bought a GHS deluxe boxset for next to nothing from Amazon thanks to a similar mistake. And by law and regulations they were obliged to deliver for that amount..

If it works out, I owe you big time treaclefingers grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-23 16:35 by ribbelchips.

Date: May 23, 2022 17:22

ribbelchips
I can't imagine they're actually going to ship it, but a buddy of mine bought a GHS deluxe boxset for next to nothing from Amazon thanks to a similar mistake. And by law and regulations they were obliged to deliver for that amount..

If it works out, I owe you big time treaclefingers grinning smiley

No worries ribbelchips. I'm figuring out an appropriate commission payment and I'll communicate that to you and Voodoo directly!

Date: May 23, 2022 17:40

Not sure how you got the picture to drop in there but yes I’ve got a similar pix of my 2nd order. I’m messing around now and have managed to to get the TY vinyl super deluxe added to the cart along with some other CDs of non-Stones artists. I still don’t know if I want the black El Mo. really wanted the colored vinyl. The price is almost too good to pass up! Lol

Date: May 23, 2022 17:45

Based on my current cart, it'd only be $14 shipping for the black vinyl El Mo......

Date: May 23, 2022 18:10

Of course the more orders that occur within this paradigm, the likelier they'll notice and the whole house of cards tumbles...proceed gently!

Date: May 23, 2022 18:17

For sh*ts and giggles, I 'ordered' the George Harrison UBER Box set retailing at $1400 and the RS Mono CD Box Set.

Total price, zero using the US address.

Hysterical. Of course I don't have a US address so I didn't proceed.

Date: May 23, 2022 18:23

I agree, Treaclefingers, but I really wanted to see if I could get the vinyl TY box somehow, as the prices for those have remained high and given the cost of all things, the chance of getting that too was something I had to risk! I ended up ordering the black El Mo too...

Order summary
Live At The El Mocambo Black Housed in Die-Cut Nova Slipcase 4LP × 1
Free

The Who + Live At Kingston Deluxe 2CD × 1
Free

McCartney III CD × 1
Free

McCartney III Imagined CD × 1
Free

Tattoo You 2021 Remaster5LP Box Set × 1
Free

Achtung Baby 30th Limited Edition Color 2LP × 1
Free

Gigaton CD × 1
Free

'Til We Meet Again CD × 1
Free

What's Going On 50th Anniversary 2LP × 1
Free

Exodus Half Speed Master LP × 1
Free

Imagine Colour 2LP × 1
Free

Subtotal

$0.00
Shipping

$76.16
Taxes

$0.00

Date: May 23, 2022 18:26

So for a grand total of $152.05, IF IF IF IF this all works out, I have substantially upgraded my Stones vinyl collection, and also added a few other nice items!!!

Treacle, you'll be a hero!!!

Date: May 23, 2022 18:28

treaclefingers
For sh*ts and giggles, I 'ordered' the George Harrison UBER Box set retailing at $1400 and the RS Mono CD Box Set.

Total price, zero using the US address.

Hysterical. Of course I don't have a US address so I didn't proceed.

You got the UBER box to go thru?? I tried adding it many different times in many different configurations to my cart and couldn't get it to ship to the US in any of them. I most definitely would have splurged for that one!!!

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1459
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home