Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mick Taylor on 'Tops'.
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: May 23, 2022 19:13

24FPS
I just received a SHM-CD of Tattoo You. (The one recommended here). I listened to Tops. I was never all that impressed with Mick Taylor in the studio, although I thought he smashed everyone else live. But the songs Tops is criminally overlooked I think it's the Zenith of his studio work with the Stones. It's other worldly good.

Which "Tattoo You" is "the one recommended here?"

"Tops" is great! One of my favorite songs. Taylor in to studio is sensational! I can't believe you could say Taylor's studio work did not impress you. You probably need to listen to it more.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 24, 2022 09:45

WorriedAboutYou
lem motlow
It’s amazing to me how the general public is aware of every song by the Beatles and act as though their absolute shit is gold when the Stones are thought of as having 20 or 30 good songs.
Compare this to “ She’s leaving Home” from Sgt Pepper, a laughable overly sentimental snoozer.
Tops is just a next level beautiful song, at least somebody gets it.

Fully agree. the Beatles are ridiculously overrated and have way more turds in their catalogue than most bands but somehow get a free pass. I can name more songs that I loathe by the Beatles than ones I actually like.

Number 9 number 9 ….for ten minutes this goes on and they throw a fit if you point it out.
Recently I was debating Tesla vs Edison on a board where people discuss these types of things and none of the Edison crowd called me “desperate and insecure “ for my opinion or suggested I was still living in the 1800s.
I mean, I am desperate and insecure but just not about this.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 24, 2022 10:23

lem motlow
WorriedAboutYou
lem motlow
It’s amazing to me how the general public is aware of every song by the Beatles and act as though their absolute shit is gold when the Stones are thought of as having 20 or 30 good songs.
Compare this to “ She’s leaving Home” from Sgt Pepper, a laughable overly sentimental snoozer.
Tops is just a next level beautiful song, at least somebody gets it.

Fully agree. the Beatles are ridiculously overrated and have way more turds in their catalogue than most bands but somehow get a free pass. I can name more songs that I loathe by the Beatles than ones I actually like.

Number 9 number 9 ….for ten minutes this goes on and they throw a fit if you point it out.
Recently I was debating Tesla vs Edison on a board where people discuss these types of things and none of the Edison crowd called me “desperate and insecure “ for my opinion or suggested I was still living in the 1800s.
I mean, I am desperate and insecure but just not about this.

tesla's never electrocuted an elephant so he winswinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-24 10:25 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 24, 2022 10:59

tesla's never electrocuted an elephant so he wins

line of da week .... take a full bow Prof ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 24, 2022 11:54

i will but i take it in memory of topsy

january next year will mark 120 years since her death

never forget!winking smiley

but to be honest i don't think edison was actually involved in her death

he just had it filmed

and i joke but it really was a horrible thing that was done to that elephant

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-24 11:56 by ProfessorWolf.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1728
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home