Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: 2022 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 21, 2022 20:09

In Tampere and Helsinki, Finland, this time around. Saw a really good game today: Switzerland won against Canada in their group, 6-3. Team Switzerland the only undefeated team so far. Tre kronor (Team Sweden) lost against USA, 2-3, on overtime. The goal for Tre kronor now is to avoid Switzerland and Canada in the quarterfinals coming up next week. It is the last tournament for Johan Garpenlöv, our head coach, and he needs at least a medal to save his honor.

Anyone else but me watching the games?

Re: OT: 2022 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 21, 2022 20:46

I was at the Switzerland-Canada game. Thousands of Swiss fans and great atmosphere at the arena!

I live 15 minutes from the Helsinki Ice Hall, it's been great to catch the Worlds in my hometown.

Lots of NHL executives and scouts around as well!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 22, 2022 05:53

I haven't been paying much attention to the tournament, mostly just seeing the scores. NHL playoffs have been awesome so far so that's what everyone watches.
No real stars on Canada but it's always good to see other players get their chance to represent! Too bad Blackhawk teammates Patrick Kane and Alex Debrincat didn't play for the US.

Date: May 25, 2022 23:58

Okay, ice hockey is a non-sport apparently for IORR:ers,
but anyway here are the quarterfinals coming up tomorrow:

Sweden - Canada, 16:20 (local time) My odds: 50/50
Germany - Czechia 16:20,... My odds: 40/60
USA - Switzerland 20:20, .. My odds: 45/55
Finland - Slovakia 20:20, ... My odds: 65/35

Good luck and enjoy the games!

Date: May 26, 2022 19:18

Congrats to Canada who won on extra time, 4-3, against Sweden. Sweden did a very good first period and then decided to stop playing. Canada went from 1-3 to 3-3 in the last two minutes.
Coach Johan Garpenlöv will now be remembered as a grand loser. Never won anything, not even a bronze medal. The Finnish audience, as always, rooted for Canada. Czechia won to Germany with 4-1.

Date: May 26, 2022 19:31

Go Canada Go!

Been a fun tourney. I went to seven games here in Helsinki, the last one being the GER-CZE quarter final.

Gotta respect the Middle European fan culture! Especially the Swiss and Slovak fans impressed me.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 26, 2022 21:12

Topi
Go Canada Go!

Gotta respect the Middle European fan culture! Especially the Swiss and Slovak fans impressed me.

Yeah! I went to see Czechia-Austria here in Tampere and the fans of the both teams had a great thing going on. Also nice to see the fans having a good time all over the town (the British fans being heavily drunk all the time hehe..)

- Doxa

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 29, 2022 00:46

Hey, I see Canada is in the finals and will play Finland! Should be a good game. I think one problem with the lack of excitement here in Canada, apart from the Stanley Cup playoffs being on, is the time difference.
Similar to the French Open tennis on right now. Cdn Leylah Fernandez is playing and I wanted to watch her game yesterday but it was on at 3am my time. Similar to her next game, it's on at 3am Sunday morning!

One thing I find weird about a lot of European hockey rinks is that in the corners, instead of seats they have cars on display. That's prime seating area.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 29, 2022 18:38

Doxa
Topi
Go Canada Go!

Yeah! I went to see Czechia-Austria here in Tampere and the fans of the both teams had a great thing going on. Also nice to see the fans having a good time all over the town (the British fans being heavily drunk all the time hehe..)

- Doxa

Tampere?!

Isn't that like, the Sauna Capital of the World?

Date: May 29, 2022 18:46

DGA35

One thing I find weird about a lot of European hockey rinks is that in the corners, instead of seats they have cars on display. That's prime seating area.

Skoda has been the main sponsor of the IIHF Worlds for over 25 years now.

We normally do not have cars on display at games winking smiley Just this tourney.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-29 18:50 by Topi.

Date: May 30, 2022 12:26

Congrats to Finland. They made it in the 4th period after a Canadian penalty. Sweden? I can't forgive NHL "star" Rasmus Dahlin for his stupid puck-out
when Sweden had 3-1 against Canada and 3 minutes to go in the third period. His penalty invited Canada into the game.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: May 30, 2022 19:33

Reffing was brutal... But yes congrats to Finland

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2279
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home