Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: What’s next after Europe
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 20, 2022 23:46

SomeTorontoGirl
Well, if we’re going to speculate and/or fantasize, why don’t they plan on another visit to the El Mocambo - celebrate the album and the renewed space - after they rehearse in TO and launch their tour of Canada.

(This, of course, only works if they comp me 2 tickets for the idea.) smiling smiley

and instead of the usual set list they play all of exile and/or black and blue

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 21, 2022 00:08

The guitarists will prolly roll some spliffs somewhere. They'll all convene somewhere tropical for a coupla days and hash out some riffs they've been working on for the past 17 years. Tell the press they've made some progress on something, but not sure what it is. Then take some more time off.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 21, 2022 01:39

ProfessorWolf
Nikkei
At the time I didn't view Keith walkoff as related to the question but what you say sounds plausible

he did not walk off

nor did he seem particularly irratated at the question

he seemed to just be making a joke

He was irritated with the guy who asked the question, the news team were saying as much.

He did walk off straight away.

He may have been joking but the news team thought he was angry with the guy who asked the question, it's down to interpretation, who knows what was meant by his actions, i thought it was a little strange to just walk away and leave Mick and Ronnie before they finished talking.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 21, 2022 02:25

keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf
Nikkei
At the time I didn't view Keith walkoff as related to the question but what you say sounds plausible

he did not walk off

He was irritated with the guy who asked the question, the news team were saying as much.

He may have been joking but the news team thought he was angry with the guy who asked the question, it's down to interpretation, who knows what was meant by his actions, i thought it was a little strange to just walk away and leave Mick and Ronnie before they finished talking.

The reporter who asked the question is long time entertainment reporter George Penacchio of ABC 7 Los Angeles, and everyone seems to like him (viewers and celebrities alike) as he's always happy, jovial, and smiling - everyone except Keith haha. Appears to me Keith was having a good time with all the reporters (including Pennachio), as was Mick and Ronnie, but they also might have been tired after the flight, and tired of standing on a runway answering stupid questions from overly friendly and excited reporters. Anyhow, the two shows in L.A. were amongst the highlights - some say the best two shows of the tour. thumbs up

Here's the full clip:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-21 02:35 by Hairball.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 21, 2022 02:35

LA was by far the highlight of the tour. Best 2 shows by far.

Date: May 21, 2022 03:13

TumblinDice76
LA was by far the highlight of the tour. Best 2 shows by far.

Steve Jordan said the first half of the tour including both L.A. shows, the band were fully focused and felt they had something to prove to the critics, and seems they definitely peaked in L.A.
Also, the two L.A. shows had drastically different setlists from one another by todays standards, and with the band being fully focused and with something to prove, they were both quite unique and memorable.
After L.A. they began to coast without much care which resulted in some lazy/ lackluster performances, ultimately finishing with a soft landing at the anticlimactic Hard Rock, Fl. show with it's shortened standard setlist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-21 03:14 by Hairball.

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: May 21, 2022 03:15

Venues in the US have been looked at/considered for dates in the fall 2022.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-21 03:17 by StonesSoCal.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: May 21, 2022 05:29

Thanks

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 21, 2022 06:25

BeastyBurdeny
MisterDDDD
babyblue

And Canada… it’s our turn

smileys with beer

smileys with beer

Yes! Specifically Vancouver!

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 21, 2022 09:23

Hairball
keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf
Nikkei

he did not walk off

The reporter who asked the question is long time entertainment reporter George Penacchio of ABC 7 Los Angeles, and everyone seems to like him (viewers and celebrities alike) as he's always happy, jovial, and smiling - everyone except Keith haha. Appears to me Keith was having a good time with all the reporters (including Pennachio), as was Mick and Ronnie, but they also might have been tired after the flight, and tired of standing on a runway answering stupid questions from overly friendly and excited reporters. Anyhow, the two shows in L.A. were amongst the highlights - some say the best two shows of the tour. thumbs up

Here's the full clip:

Thanks for finding this footage Hairball thumbs up

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: May 21, 2022 10:27

After this European jaunt combined with their Final appearances in Argentina, Brazil, Chile etc, then it's home and done, until the Final Show,

Bezos is going to put them in the Capsule, send them up for One song, they return, fly to the Final Show ... Play and that is it, the Gig has to be nearby the Landing Zone. The 1st Band to play in Space hot smiley

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: May 21, 2022 11:51

keefriffhards
Whats next after Europe ??

When the Stones came off their jet last year mid tour to answer a few questions to the press i noticed Keith uncharacteristically being pissed off when asked what the future holds for the Stones, he aggressively said "the next f*!ing gig" and stormed off before Mick and Ronnie.

I thought that was very telling, at their ages now there really is just the next show to think about, it's tempting fate to think too far ahead at this stage, every show now could be the last. Was Keith feeling the pressure mid tour, a few shows later by Tampa the cracks were beginning to show, could continually waiting for the next gig for 3 or 4 days in the Stones bubble be a bit testing at his age, especially these days as they have to stay in the Stones bubble to avoid covid, it must put pressure on relationships when in close proximity for days on end between shows.
( are family visits restricted during these tours ? )

As we have just seen with Clapton, covid ( even very mild covid ) can put the tour in jeopardy with all the restrictions still in place.

I just look forward to seeing them one last time in London and hope Mick , Keith and Ronnie stay healthy, i don't dare assume there will be another tour after this, lets enjoy this one first.

Well said my friend. I do also take the point made by another member of this site just a few postings before your own. Their point being that this is simply good humoured/friendly & fun speculation.

Maybe I'm too fatalistic nowadays? However each time I see suggestions about possible future touring plans, I get worried we may be tempting fate. What happened to Charlie is still very fresh in my mind!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 21, 2022 11:51

keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf
Nikkei

he did not walk off

ok watched again and i still think he was joking and exaggerating his "irritation" for comedic effect

but as you said comes down to interpretation

but your right he does sorta walk off afterwards

or perhaps just out of frame

and love how mick responds

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: May 21, 2022 17:50

SKILLS
After this European jaunt combined with their Final appearances in Argentina, Brazil, Chile etc, then it's home and done, until the Final Show,

Bezos is going to put them in the Capsule, send them up for One song, they return, fly to the Final Show ... Play and that is it, the Gig has to be nearby the Landing Zone. The 1st Band to play in Space hot smiley

I've just got an sneaky update on this, "All artist ,Sonic/Digital Transmission concerns have been assuaged"

Thank You Mahia

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: May 21, 2022 18:49

babyblue
Hey guys this wondering what’s after Europe. I did hear maybe South America this winter and maybe US next summer? Anyone hear any rumours, your input is welcome.

The new album, maybe? -- Thus is always next to what's next to what's next ...

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: May 21, 2022 21:34

I think South America early 2023, then Asia/Australia/NZ in the fall.If no Asia/Australia/NZ they'll touring North America (Big cities of 2019 Tour...NYC, Chicago, Philly and so on)

Date: May 21, 2022 21:47

StonesSoCal

I recall you posted that same news previously mentioning Petco Park in San Diego.
I'd happily attend a show there with Lucky Dips as it's less than 200 miles from me.

Wondering when there will be an official announcement?

Keep on rolling.............thumbs up

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 22, 2022 00:02

Hairball
StonesSoCal

I recall you posted that same news previously mentioning Petco Park in San Diego.
I'd happily attend a show there with Lucky Dips as it's less than 200 miles from me.

Wondering when there will be an official announcement?

Keep on rolling.............thumbs up

If it happens count me in too unless its 3rd week of Sept to first week of Oct. Already have double/triple booked days.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 22, 2022 05:15

What be great if they came in fall, but it will be getting cold then, can’t see it most likely next year in summer.

Posted by: jshidoob ()
Date: May 22, 2022 05:17

Anyone hearing of fall 2022 US tour rumblings other than a potential Petco Park show? Regarding San Diego specifically, there is a new college football stadium (for San Diego State) opening there on 9/3/22 - Snapdragon Stadium. It will be interesting to see if that venue were also to be considered (if a fall 2022 US tour is even a realistic possibility).

Thoughts on the below cities/venues if in fact a fall 2022 US tour were to come to fruition?

- Gillette Stadium (Foxborough, MA)
- Highmark Stadium (Buffalo, NY)
- MetLife Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)
- Lincoln Financial Field (Philadelphia, PA)
- TIAA Bank Field (Jacksonville, FL)
- Soldier Field (Chicago, IL)
- Lambeau Field (Green Bay, WI)
- AT&T Stadium (Dallas, TX)
- Empower Field at Mile High (Denver, CO)
- State Farm Stadium (Glendale, AZ)
- Rose Bowl Stadium (Pasadena, CA)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-22 05:56 by jshidoob.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: May 22, 2022 08:49

smoking smiley

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: May 22, 2022 16:33

Mick has already said retirement is NOT part of the plan after Europe

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 22, 2022 16:36

babyblue
What be great if they came in fall, but it will be getting cold then, can’t see it most likely next year in summer.

They have played fall dates in the US before (just last year!). However, it's hard to see them going back to the US so soon after just having played there in 2019 and 2021.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-22 17:28 by Topi.

Date: May 22, 2022 17:58

North America will be in 2023 in the fall after the South American Tour in Feb./March, if they'll decide to miss Japan/China/Australia/NZ and more in the fall...

Date: May 22, 2022 19:49

They could make also a 10+10 gigs between February and April in South America (3 Argentina/3 Brasil/Chile/Uruguay/2 Mexico and 3 Tokyo/2 China/5 Australia and NZ) and then in the fall (Sept./Nove.) Could touring 14 dates or so in North America

Date: May 22, 2022 20:05

mailexile67
They could make also a 10+10 gigs between February and April in South America (3 Argentina/3 Brasil/Chile/Uruguay/2 Mexico and 3 Tokyo/2 China/5 Australia and NZ) and then in the fall (Sept./Nove.) Could touring 14 dates or so in North America

That would be great, rest of the world, then in USA to promote the new album thumbs up

Date: May 22, 2022 22:57

jshidoob
Anyone hearing of fall 2022 US tour rumblings other than a potential Petco Park show? Regarding San Diego specifically, there is a new college football stadium (for San Diego State) opening there on 9/3/22 - Snapdragon Stadium. It will be interesting to see if that venue were also to be considered (if a fall 2022 US tour is even a realistic possibility).

Thoughts on the below cities/venues if in fact a fall 2022 US tour were to come to fruition?

- Gillette Stadium (Foxborough, MA)
- Highmark Stadium (Buffalo, NY)
- MetLife Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)
- Lincoln Financial Field (Philadelphia, PA)
- TIAA Bank Field (Jacksonville, FL)
- Soldier Field (Chicago, IL)
- Lambeau Field (Green Bay, WI)
- AT&T Stadium (Dallas, TX)
- Empower Field at Mile High (Denver, CO)
- State Farm Stadium (Glendale, AZ)
- Rose Bowl Stadium (Pasadena, CA)

Makes perfect sense, though I would add Vegas to the list.
Fall 2022 - 60th anniversary - the Rolling Stones - USA.

thumbs up

Posted by: angieburden ()
Date: May 23, 2022 00:10

Didn't want to say anything, but I was/am hoping for Vegas as well

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: May 23, 2022 00:51

stadium dates would be around the NFL game schedule
looks like could do Chicago/NJ/Vegas/La in mid/late October
for example:
chicago free october 14-nov 5th
nj stadium free sept 3 and saturday october 22nd
only possible saturday night in vegas is october 29, november 5 or november 19
sofi stadium saturday november 5

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-23 00:57 by artedm.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: May 23, 2022 01:35

After this tour and slow ticket sales they would have to rethink their business plan, the way the economy is and where is going, l don't see much interest apart from the "diehard" to spend a ton of money to hear the same show they have been doing for the last 20+ years...My two cents....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home