Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: What’s next after Europe
Posted by: RockNStonesBR ()
Date: May 19, 2022 12:46

I'm really hoping for one last time in South America! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: May 19, 2022 13:00

This is really funny to read. We, the fans, along with all the rumours, enjoy taking our (almost 80 years young) heros all around the world, like a never ending story. Off course I don't mind, but ... first I just simply want to enjoy their company during the upcoming June-July period. I never thought (after the O2 50th Anniversary) that they would "do" another 10 years, but here we are winking smiley
I wish them and all of us faithful fans many more happy Stones years smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: RockNStonesBR ()
Date: May 19, 2022 15:39

georgie48
This is really funny to read. We, the fans, along with all the rumours, enjoy taking our (almost 80 years young) heros all around the world, like a never ending story. Off course I don't mind, but ... first I just simply want to enjoy their company during the upcoming June-July period. I never thought (after the O2 50th Anniversary) that they would "do" another 10 years, but here we are winking smiley
I wish them and all of us faithful fans many more happy Stones years smileys with beer

Exactly, man! smiling smiley
When I was 17 years old and boarded a night bus for 8 hours to get to their concert in Rio, I couldn't believe how lucky I was to still be able to catch them live on tour. That was 1998 winking smiley
Of course after that show I became addicted for life cool smiley
And how incredibe it is that now, 24 years later, I'm here counting the days knowing I'll see them again. Cheers to that smileys with beer

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: May 19, 2022 16:02

hopefully USA again smiling smiley

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: May 19, 2022 17:11

Well, hopefully anything but USA. They've been there in 2019 and 2021. After doing Europe in 2017 and 2018. So going by history it should be either another european leg or preferrably it's time to give the rest of the world another go. I mean it's been 6 years since they played anywhere but Europe and North America.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: May 19, 2022 18:05

RockNStonesBR
georgie48

Exactly, man! smiling smiley
When I was 17 years old and boarded a night bus for 8 hours to get to their concert in Rio, I couldn't believe how lucky I was to still be able to catch them live on tour. That was 1998 winking smiley
Of course after that show I became addicted for life cool smiley
And how incredibe it is that now, 24 years later, I'm here counting the days knowing I'll see them again. Cheers to that smileys with beer

That is an impressive selection of concerts!

I remember I didn't want to risk Brasil (Copacabana Beach), worried to get lost in between 1 to 2 million people. But .... 10 years later I ended up in Havana, Cuba among well over half a million people (difficult to get a taxi back to the hotel grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley). Not to mention an amazing concert weeks earlier in La Plata BA.
We could (theoretically) have met in Hyde Park and Twickenham, two other great concerts. The "most weird" one was Abu Dhabi. Never expected to get there eye popping smiley

Enjoy! smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: May 19, 2022 18:16

After Europe

Hmm

Europe again incl. Prag, Kiew

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 19, 2022 18:22

The rest of the world.

Bjornulf

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 19, 2022 18:31

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 19, 2022 21:14

PatrickS77
Well, hopefully anything but USA. They've been there in 2019 and 2021. After doing Europe in 2017 and 2018. So going by history it should be either another european leg or preferrably it's time to give the rest of the world another go. I mean it's been 6 years since they played anywhere but Europe and North America.

I really doubt Europe again next year.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 19, 2022 21:34

babyblue
PatrickS77

Why would they do Europe again? Ticket sales are abysmal so we are told. confused smiley

Date: May 19, 2022 21:48

daspyknows
babyblue
PatrickS77

Why would they do Europe again? Ticket sales are abysmal so we are told. confused smiley

By whom? That person must not know what he's talking about.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 19, 2022 23:01

PatrickS77
daspyknows
babyblue
PatrickS77

We have an entire thread on the topic. This is sarcasm on my part. 650k to 750k tickets sold indicates there is the demand. There would be demand in US and I would expect South America and Asia / Pacific too.

Fans shun tickets to Stones gigs [iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-19 23:05 by daspyknows.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 19, 2022 23:40

schillid

here we see the stones traveling in there private shuttle 2000 light years from earth to the constellation cygnus

so they can rock the inhabitants of planet kepler-76b

then it's back to earth for a private show for robert kraft

Date: May 20, 2022 01:08

daspyknows
PatrickS77
daspyknows
babyblue
PatrickS77

We have an entire thread on the topic. This is sarcasm on my part. 650k to 750k tickets sold indicates there is the demand. There would be demand in US and I would expect South America and Asia / Pacific too.

Oh. That. Yeah. I thought that that was debunked already. Yes. Sales are good. And even if there remain some empty seats, with the money they charge they don't need to sell ever single seat to make a nice (worthwile) profit for everyone.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 20, 2022 01:37

PatrickS77
daspyknows
PatrickS77
daspyknows
babyblue
PatrickS77

Oh. That. Yeah. I thought that that was debunked already. Yes. Sales are good. And even if there remain some empty seats, with the money they charge they don't need to sell ever single seat to make a nice (worthwile) profit for everyone.

Especially considering that the Stones get a guarantee, probably an 80/20 split, which means plenty of money.

Posted by: Jimmer ()
Date: May 20, 2022 05:13

Maybe two more years to/ through 2024 (if all 3 main members stay healthy) for a continuation of the 60+ years celebration. This year is celebrating 60 years from July 12, 1962 1st public 'concert.' Next year would be 60 years from when Charlie joined the band in Jan. 1963. And 2024 would be 60 years from their 1st album release in 1964.

Japan / Australia etc. tour early in 2023 (1st quarter 2023)

South America tour Fall (Sept. - Nov.) 2023.

'New' and final studio album finally released in Spring 2024 (60 years from their 1st album release) to be titled "CapStone!" or "CapStones!" followed by US / North America 'CapStone' Tour late spring / early-mid summer 2024, wrapping up with a mini (maybe more than a mini) UK Tour late summer 2024 (with final few shows in London).

Totally fictional projection from my end but fun to plot it out!

Jimmer

Date: May 20, 2022 12:24

GasLightStreet
PatrickS77
daspyknows
PatrickS77
daspyknows
babyblue
PatrickS77

Especially considering that the Stones get a guarantee, probably an 80/20 split, which means plenty of money.

Exactly. I don't think it will make much difference for them whether a stadium is sold out or not, though I could imagine that on top of the guaranteed sum, they also will get an extra portion of the money if there is a sell out.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 20, 2022 17:48

bv
The rest of the world.

………as in, including… Australia????

Rod

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 20, 2022 18:40

bitusa2012
bv
The rest of the world.

………as in, including… Australia????

And Canada… it’s our turn

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 20, 2022 18:50

babyblue

smileys with beer

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: May 20, 2022 19:51

MisterDDDD
babyblue

smileys with beer

smileys with beer

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: May 20, 2022 20:51

Come on! The European leg of the current tour has not even started yet and already the talk is of 'what next?'

I mean, seriously! In July Mick turns 79. Keith reaches the same milestone in December. Ronnie is a comparative kid of 75. A year from now the two remaining original members both reach 80 years old. How long more can we expect them to keep on performing at the level The Stones perform at? I know there are performers out there that are around the same age, or older. Dave Brock of Hawkwind and John Mayall come to mind. Eric Clapton is 77. But none of them perform at the velocity, intensity, or regularity of The Stones. And none of them have toured as widely either. Traversing the US from coast to coast. Touring all over Europe. And doing so at an age that would defeat the vast majority of us all.

No doubt there are many who will say 'It is their life. They should do as they wish' I accept that is a valid point. However maybe we should consider for a moment the responsibility we have as fans? The responsibility to say 'Is this what you really want to do? Or are you doing it because you think you might be letting us down by not doing so?' I have a very good friend who had to be gently dissuaded from continuing to work when it was clearly damaging his health. He loved what he was doing so much he could not bear the thought of stopping. Eventually people who loved and cared about him had to make the decision on his behalf.

I'm not saying any of us could, or should, do anything of the sort for The Stones. Not that it is within our gift in any case. But maybe we should consider dialling down on asking the band to consider making another tour in the near future? And to make that tour in ever more distant locations too.
After 60 years, millions of miles, thousands of hours on stage, dozens of albums and singles, accolades, achievements, tragedies, births, deaths, marriages and divorces, not to mention some of the greatest rock'n'roll ever written, recorded and played, The Stones owe us absolutely nothing.

But we sure owe them our thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-20 21:09 by GerardHennessy.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 20, 2022 21:01

Well, if we’re going to speculate and/or fantasize, why don’t they plan on another visit to the El Mocambo - celebrate the album and the renewed space - after they rehearse in TO and launch their tour of Canada.

(This, of course, only works if they comp me 2 tickets for the idea.) smiling smiley

Posted by: Jimmer ()
Date: May 20, 2022 21:24

I thought we were just having fun speculating about the future (while waiting for the European tour to start) not making any demands of The Stones. That's what I was doing any way ... just having some fun speculating. The ball as always is in the Stones court to do whatever they want or don't want to do going forward. This will of course include major considerations around their health. I think playing live is something they love to do and very much still energizes them at this stage in their lives. And their tour schedules are set up accordingly to not over tax them physically with shows being every 4 days or so apart (and with usually about 14 or so shows over a couple months). The money of course is also a big motivator, still. But in their position, there is no need to do anything more unless they truly want to and can do so physically.

No demands. Just some fun dreams of possibilties for the future with our precious Stones!

Jimmer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 20, 2022 21:24

Canada might get a show or two (maybe three if we include El Mocambo winking smiley), but only as part of a North American tour with the US being the main focus.
L.A., Vegas, Chicago, New York, Toronto...60th anniversary...it all makes perfect sense.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 20, 2022 22:01

Whats next after Europe ??

When the Stones came off their jet last year mid tour to answer a few questions to the press i noticed Keith uncharacteristically being pissed off when asked what the future holds for the Stones, he aggressively said "the next f*!ing gig" and stormed off before Mick and Ronnie.

I thought that was very telling, at their ages now there really is just the next show to think about, it's tempting fate to think too far ahead at this stage, every show now could be the last. Was Keith feeling the pressure mid tour, a few shows later by Tampa the cracks were beginning to show, could continually waiting for the next gig for 3 or 4 days in the Stones bubble be a bit testing at his age, especially these days as they have to stay in the Stones bubble to avoid covid, it must put pressure on relationships when in close proximity for days on end between shows.
( are family visits restricted during these tours ? )

As we have just seen with Clapton, covid ( even very mild covid ) can put the tour in jeopardy with all the restrictions still in place.

I just look forward to seeing them one last time in London and hope Mick , Keith and Ronnie stay healthy, i don't dare assume there will be another tour after this, lets enjoy this one first.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-21 09:12 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 20, 2022 22:56

At the time I didn't view Keith walkoff as related to the question but what you say sounds plausible

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: May 20, 2022 23:26

Hairball
Canada might get a show or two (maybe three if we include El Mocambo winking smiley), but only as part of a North American tour with the US being the main focus.
L.A., Vegas, Chicago, New York, Toronto...60th anniversary...it all makes perfect sense.

Throw Vancouver on the list and that's looking like the 2023 leg of the 60th tour.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 20, 2022 23:39

Nikkei
At the time I didn't view Keith walkoff as related to the question but what you say sounds plausible

he did not walk off

nor did he seem particularly irratated at the question

he seemed to just be making a joke

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1735
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home