Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith Richards should give up les Paul junior
Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: May 17, 2022 16:00

I think Keith Richards should give up les Paul junior. Specially Sympathy and Satisfaction. I think he should consider to play tele in these 2 songs. And I feel the 2 songs will sound great.

Re: Keith Richards should give up les Paul junior
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 17, 2022 16:19

Keith, if you read this, please respond. Thank you.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 17, 2022 16:51

I guess he will have a reason for playing it. The shorter scale compared to a Tele and therefore minimized string tension might make it easier to play solos. On the other hand it can also make it easier to miss notes since all the frets are tighter together.

Personally I would also prefer the Tele but I guess he will stick to what he's used to

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-17 16:52 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 17, 2022 17:12

The thing with Keith is when you'd think he's given them all up he'll remove the panels from the car doors and pull out another identical one

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: May 17, 2022 18:26

Rocky Dijon
Keith, if you read this, please respond. Thank you.

Haha.

He is not wrong, though.

I’m on record here as perhaps the biggest nonfan of the sound he’s getting with that guitar. But he’s not going back. In fact, he bought another while in Nashville.

The more I consider it, the more I suspect it has something to do with the spectrum of what he’s hearing at his age; he is missing higher frequencies. What sounds to us like the aural equivalent of an ice pick sounds like sweetness to him!

Date: May 17, 2022 18:29

He should keep the double cutaway, though.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 17, 2022 18:41

He should drink lots of water, stay off the smokes, rest

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 17, 2022 19:17

schillid
He should drink lots of water, stay off the smokes, rest

Yep, in a nutshell, it all goes perfectly well until he thinks he's THAT Keith Richards again.confused smiley

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: May 17, 2022 19:33

I would be happy if he'd just give up the 'Junior' in 'Les Paul Junior'.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 17, 2022 19:47

Isn’t the Gibson ES355 considered an ‘issue’ by ‘some’ here, too? The Tele is essential, and he knows how to use it appropriately, of course.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: May 17, 2022 19:52

Keep The Les Paul JNR Double Cutaway, but I agree, I also do not like the sound of the other JNR.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: May 17, 2022 19:59

Hey Keith, as your LPJ will no longer be needed following this poster’s request, I’d be happy to look after it for you.

Date: May 17, 2022 20:03

I like the double cutaway on MR and OOC.

And, yes, the 335s are an issue, too. But not nearly as offensive as the Jr thru the Tweed Twins.

Date: May 17, 2022 20:09

Really liked the Tele on the B2B tour: [youtu.be]
The 335 I always found to dark and smooth for Sympathy.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: May 17, 2022 20:30

Melbelli and StonedRambler ya both mean the 355 right? smileys with beer

I love the P90 sound he gets outta those Juniors with the Fender Twin, it suits the songs. He can't play Tele on EVERY song can he?!?!? It would be boring IMHO.

A standard Les Paul is no good, to heavy to carry and it ain't the tone for Keith's parts.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: May 17, 2022 20:36

What nonsense! The Junior gives Keith some of his most iconic sounds and coolest looks. The stuff of legend.

Date: May 17, 2022 20:42

MadMax
Melbelli and StonedRambler ya both mean the 355 right? smileys with beer

I love the P90 sound he gets outta those Juniors with the Fender Twin, it suits the songs. He can't play Tele on EVERY song can he?!?!? It would be boring IMHO.

A standard Les Paul is no good, to heavy to carry and it ain't the tone for Keith's parts.
Yes, guess so, never could tell them apart.

I also like the LP Junior into the Tweed tone, it's just that I would love it if he would mix it up a bit now and then. I do understand that the setlist cannot change too much since people would miss the hits not being played but it would be cool sometimes if they made some changes to the sound and the arrangements. Just as they do some changes to the stage design every tour. Keeps things fresh and interesting.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 17, 2022 21:11

Dumbest thread title I have ever read .

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: May 17, 2022 22:10

Do we ALL have to give up our juniors, or just Keith? I'm pretty fond of mine. It did a great job on Harry's Cat. That's a song title. I didn't take a swing at the cat or anything. Not yet anyway.

Date: May 17, 2022 23:02

josepi
Do we ALL have to give up our juniors, or just Keith? I'm pretty fond of mine. It did a great job on Harry's Cat. That's a song title. I didn't take a swing at the cat or anything. Not yet anyway.

Sorry, josepi. You, too, have to give yours up. And you can give it to me winking smiley

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: May 17, 2022 23:08

Certain songs call for p90s, humbuckers, or single coil Tele or strat pickups. All of his guitars are lite and easy for him to use for 2 hours. The yellow teles probably don't intonate well with a capo anymore, so most likely why he uses the lake placid blue tele for capo songs like SFM JJF. He's got it down by now....... I'm hoping he brings back the Red ES355 with the tone selector. Black one doesn't have the tone selector

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-17 23:11 by JDSAM1994.

Date: May 18, 2022 00:33

JDSAM1994
The yellow teles probably don't intonate well with a capo anymore, so most likely why he uses the lake placid blue tele for capo songs like SFM JJF.
Why shouldn't they intonate well anymore? They surely get a refret once in a while

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 18, 2022 00:57

When I read the thread title I thought Keith had become a kidnapper.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 18, 2022 02:29

TheGreek
Dumbest thread title I have ever read .

Yeah. Pretty close

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 18, 2022 05:47

pftw04
I think Keith Richards should give up les Paul junior. Specially Sympathy and Satisfaction. I think he should consider to play tele in these 2 songs. And I feel the 2 songs will sound great.

The Earth is flat.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: May 18, 2022 10:08

GasLightStreet

The Earth is flat.

I see your point. It is kind of pancaked in between Mars and Venus and everything. If it was round it would have been more meat-balled in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-18 10:10 by josepi.

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: May 18, 2022 17:21

StonedRambler
JDSAM1994
The yellow teles probably don't intonate well with a capo anymore, so most likely why he uses the lake placid blue tele for capo songs like SFM JJF.
Why shouldn't they intonate well anymore? They surely get a refret once in a while

I'm just speculating because I haven't seen them with a capo in a while. I'm Sure there are some refrets, however that is only one of the several factors that influence intonation.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 18, 2022 19:00

Gazza
When I read the thread title I thought Keith had become a kidnapper.

This is why this thread was needed. Best response yet.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: May 19, 2022 20:06

MelBelli
I’m on record here as perhaps the biggest nonfan of the sound he’s getting with that guitar. But he’s not going back. In fact, he bought another while in Nashville...

Do you know when Keith was in Nashville? I was just there, all last week, wondering if I missed a chance to see him confused smiley

Date: May 19, 2022 21:13

LeonidP
MelBelli
I’m on record here as perhaps the biggest nonfan of the sound he’s getting with that guitar. But he’s not going back. In fact, he bought another while in Nashville...

Do you know when Keith was in Nashville? I was just there, all last week, wondering if I missed a chance to see him confused smiley

[twitter.com]

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2078
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home