Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Redoing Love You Live
Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: May 16, 2022 16:50

Here is my redone Love You Live: Honky Tonk Women ,Happy,Sympathy for the Devil,Jumping Jack Flash,keep. Add If You Can’t Rock Me/Get Off of My Cloudand Street Fighting Man from LA1975,Ain’t Too Proud to Beg,Buffalo,and all of El Mocambo except Worried About You,Fool to Cry and Melody

Re: Redoing Love You Live
Posted by: jigsaw69 ()
Date: May 16, 2022 17:36

Personally...I would leave LYL alone - love it as it is !!

Would much rather have Les Rolling Stones Les Abatoirs Paris 1976, s'il vous plait

.....everybody chantez avec nous....

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 16, 2022 18:17

Leave it alone. No reason to change it

Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: May 16, 2022 18:33

jigsaw69
Personally...I would leave LYL alone - love it as it is !!

Would much rather have Les Rolling Stones Les Abatoirs Paris 1976, s'il vous plait

.....everybody chantez avec nous....

I'd like to have that one too, please winking smiley

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: May 16, 2022 20:49

only thing i would change is ...

4th side,
street fighting man instead of sympathy,
like it is in the video paris 76,
the intro of sfm played by keith gives me goosebumps everytime i listen to it

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 16, 2022 21:31

Love You Live is an album where I really can't decide to this day if I love it or hate it. Changes with every listen. What a weird one...

Posted by: gustavobala ()
Date: May 16, 2022 21:37

StonedRambler
Love You Live is an album where I really can't decide to this day if I love it or hate it. Changes with every listen. What a weird one...

me too

(but i like it)

LOL

Date: May 16, 2022 21:39

Also I think most of the vocal overdubs are actually worse than the original live vocals. Wonder why they even did them.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 16, 2022 21:50

I grew up on Love You Live and will never change one single note about. It is perfect.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: May 16, 2022 23:40

schwonek
I grew up on Love You Live and will never change one single note about. It is perfect.
Yes! No need for me either to change it.
But of course it could be fun to create your own album.
Why not?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 16, 2022 23:46

schwonek
That was the first Stones album when it came out. I had been getting into the catalog before then. I wouldn't want it changed.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: May 16, 2022 23:53

Apparently, you don't love you live

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: May 17, 2022 00:07

Lynd8
I think some songs such IfYou Can’t Rock Me/Get Off My Cloud were better in 1975.I have always disliked Star Star and Fingerprint File and IORR live and they could have been replaced.Love You Live could have been better with more 1975 show songs

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 17, 2022 00:13

A good part of Love You Live is being re-done all the time. For decades it's been the quest to get the damn thing right

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 17, 2022 00:18

Nikkei
A good part of Love You Live is being re-done all the time. For decades it's been the quest to get the damn thing right

Haha, maybe they should change the title to Warhorse. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 17, 2022 06:51

Redoing LOVE YOU LIVE...

It's called this:

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: May 17, 2022 08:12

Why change LYL by a fan? (mix a self made cd by yourself and put your (original) LYL into garbage). It is what it is for those years. Leave it like it is . It's OK and perfect!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-17 08:13 by tioms.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: May 17, 2022 08:24

Taylor1
Lynd8
I think some songs such IfYou Can’t Rock Me/Get Off My Cloud were better in 1975.I have always disliked Star Star and Fingerprint File and IORR live and they could have been replaced.Love You Live could have been better with more 1975 show songs

IORR? The Toronto 75 version is one of those "after-ya-heard-this-take-a-cyanide-pill-coz-there will-never-be-a-better-one-moments"!!¤

Love You Live is perfect in its raggedness! I also discovered Stones through it, bought it along with Ya-Yas back in the 90's and I thought both were great.

(¤ inspiration by Nick Kenthot smiley )

Posted by: jigsaw69 ()
Date: May 17, 2022 11:11

MadMax
Taylor1
Lynd8

IORR? The Toronto 75 version is one of those "after-ya-heard-this-take-a-cyanide-pill-coz-there will-never-be-a-better-one-moments"!!¤

Love You Live is perfect in its raggedness! I also discovered Stones through it, bought it along with Ya-Yas back in the 90's and I thought both were great.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

(¤ inspiration by Nick Kenthot smiley )

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: May 17, 2022 13:22

I wouldn't change LYKL as such, but I might get round to making a playlist with all of El Mocambo plus these from Love You Live

If you can't rock me/get off of my cloud
fingerprint file
you gotta move
sympathy for the devil

I'm not sure there's anything I'd add from LA 75, except perhaps the unedited IYCRM/GOOMC might replace the shorter LYL version.

Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: May 17, 2022 13:33

StonedRambler
Also I think most of the vocal overdubs are actually worse than the original live vocals. Wonder why they even did them.

Jagger disliked his "barking voice" - due to smoking -
that ended in a laryngitis - can be heard on the snl 1978 confused smiley

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: May 17, 2022 13:52

Taylor1
Here is my redone Love You Live: Honky Tonk Women ,Happy,Sympathy for the Devil,Jumping Jack Flash,keep. Add If You Can’t Rock Me/Get Off of My Cloudand Street Fighting Man from LA1975,Ain’t Too Proud to Beg,Buffalo,and all of El Mocambo except Worried About You,Fool to Cry and Melody

If you do so, you got twice: HTW and JJF. Not a good idea...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-17 13:53 by deardoctor.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 17, 2022 16:30

The El Mocambo versions of BS and JJF are so much fuller (not as trebly and thin). If only Bobby Keyes were along on sax on BS.

I love Hot Stuff studio, but none of the live versions. I love the LYL versions of HTW and IORR, but El Mocambo may have topped them. TD is much better on El Mocambo.

That said, I always enjoy LYL - but probably won't listen to it as much now.

Date: May 17, 2022 17:02

DeeGee
StonedRambler

Jagger disliked his "barking voice" - due to smoking -
that ended in a laryngitis - can be heard on the snl 1978 confused smiley
I always thought he was just sick on SNL. Is it documented that smoking lead to this condition in his case? And did he stop smoking after SNL?

Also thought it was more of a cocaine voice than smoking voice though I'm not really an expert on this subject

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-17 17:03 by StonedRambler.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1924
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home