Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Favorite Songs From The Live Shows You've Attended
Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: May 15, 2022 16:13

Just reminiscing about Stones shows I have gone to and was wondering what the highlights are for the shows you've attended? I have been to great shows, although not that many, with lots of favorite songs played, but if I had to pick two:
1989 Foxboro/Boston - Rock in a Hard Place and 2000 Light Years From Home. This was my first show and I was blown away. 2000 Light had a great intro and Rock was so powerful.
1994 Raleigh, NC - Beast of Burden and Monkey Man. Two of my favorites and was so surprised to hear them!
1997 Charlotte, NC - Out of Control and Sister Morphine. Most people didn't know these but I recognized them right away and they were amazing! Sister Morphine was an incredible surprise.
1999 - Tampa, FL - Saint of Me, Moonlight Mile...speechless lol
1999 - Fort Lauderdale, FL - Out of Control, Saint of Me
2002 - Sunrise, FL - Don't Stop and Dead Flowers. So good!!!!
2005 - Miami, FL - Oh No Not You Again, She's So Cold...so much fun!
2005 - Tampa, FL - Back of My Hand, Rough Justice. I remember seeing people taking bathroom break during BOMH but it sounded great and I loved it.
2006 - Las Vegas - Streets of Love and She Was Hot. Although there were other favorite songs of mine played, SOL was so great live. This was such a poignant night because Mick's dad had passed away. I was amazed at the show Mick put on that night.
2021 - Tampa, FL - Far Away Eyes and Beast of Burden. These were awesome and it was great to see them live after so long. This was the first time seeing them in a stadium since 1997 and one thing for sure if that I don't miss stadiums lol but the show was great.
2021 Hollywood, FL - Can't Always Get What You Want and Miss You. I loved the vibe of this show!

I guess I prefer new songs when seeing them live after looking at my list. I loved all the songs, but these were especially good those nights smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-17 22:11 by TrulyMicks1.

Re: Favorite Songs From The Live Shows You've Attended
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 15, 2022 19:56

1981 - Time Is On My Side, Let It Bleed, Under My Thumb

1989 - 2000 Light Years, Ruby Tuesday

1994 - Far Away Eyes, Heartbreaker, It's All Over Now, Love Is Strong

1997 - The Last Time, No Expectations

1999 - Memory Motel, Route 66

2002 - Rocks Off, Monkey Man, Can't You Hear Me Knocking

2005/6 - Mr. Pitiful, Get Off Of My Cloud, Sway, Worried About You

2015 - Some Girls

2019 - Sweet Virginia, Play With Fire

2021 - 19th Nervous Breakdown, Shattered, She's A Rainbow

I always like Paint It Black, Honky Tonk Women, Angie, and Gimme Shelter.

Needing a rest: Miss You, Sympathy, Rambler, YCAGWYW.

Never seen but would like to: Emotional Rescue, Dead Flowers, Rice Krispie Commercial

I love seeing the early (pre-Beggars) songs played. Ditto early Beatles when seeing Macca.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-15 20:46 by Elmo Lewis.

Date: May 15, 2022 20:12

1990: 2000 Light Years From Home, Paint It, Black
1995: Monkey Man, Heartbreaker
2003: Mannish Boy, Slipping Away
2006: All Down The Line, Rough Justice
2007: Monkey Man, Bitch
2012: I Wanna Be Your Man, It's All Over Now
2013: Beast Of Burden, Bitch
2014: Worried About You, Emotional Rescue
2017: Play With Fire, Shine A Light
2018: Fool To Cry, Street Fighting Man

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 15, 2022 23:10

Not an easy task to narrow down having seen multiple shows each tour, and sometimes in a variety of different sized venues such as 2003 (large, medium, and small).
Tried to avoid listing any repeats, but Midnight Rambler is listed multiple times...seems it's always a major highlight whenever and wherever it's played.
And tried to avoid listing too many of the great warhorses...Satisfaction, Sympathy, JJF, Tumbling Dice, Honky Tonk Women, et al...they're all great.

1981 - Under My Thumb, Just My Imagination, All Down the Line
1989 - Happy, Ruby Tuesday, Midnight Rambler
1994 - Not Fade Away, Monkey Man, Street Fighting Man
1997 - Gimme Shelter, Bitch, The Last Time
2002 - Love in Vain, If You Can't Rock Me, Rocks Off
2003 - Hand of Fate, No Expectations, Dance
2005 - Midnight Rambler, Get Off My Cloud, Night Time is the Right Time
2006 - Brown Sugar, Beast of Burden, Midnight Rambler
2007 - Sweet Virginia, Happy, It's All Over Now
2013 - Sway (w/MT), Can't You Hear Me Knocking (w/MT), Midnight Rambler (w/MT)
2015 - Moonlight Mile, Slipping Away, Midnight Rambler
2016 - Ride 'em on Down, You Got the Silver, You Can't Always Get What You Want
2019 - Play With Fire, Street Fighting Man, Paint it Black
2021 - 19th Nervous Breakdown, Living In A Ghost Town, Midnight Rambler

*Edit: Having thought about it a bit more, those first two shows in 1981 were absolute highlights from start to finish...every second, of every minute, of every single song was a thrill.
Even the weeks and months leading up to those two shows, and the weeks and months that followed after those shows - highlights forever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-15 23:35 by Hairball.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: May 16, 2022 09:54

Best Live moments of my stones life (saw them 33 times) :

1990,Paris 23 june (i was 8 years old) : Start Me Up, Midnight Rambler

1995 Longchamps : You got me rocking, It's all over now, Connection and Sympathy

1995 Olympia : Rambler, All down the Line, Shine a Light, Rip this joint

1998 Paris : Saint of Me / Out of control / Paint it black in a row

2003 : Monkey Man, Can't you hear me Knockin, Love in Vain

2006 / 2007 : Satisfaction in Porto, Ruby Tuesday in London, You got the silver in Lyon

2012 and counting :
Bondy rehearsals 2012 : from inside : That's how strong my love is and No excpectations
Trabendo ; Route 66

02 : Rambler, YCAGWYW, Going Down

Hyde Park : Street fighting man

Bondy rehearsals 2014 : Silver Train, Midnight Rambler, Slippin away (in a row, with Taylor)
Zurich 14 : Worried About you

2017 / 2018 : Street fighting man (each venue), Midnight Rambler (each venue)

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: May 16, 2022 12:21

1995 june 18 Landgraaf Holland: Not Fade Away. It was my first show, I was 15 years old and there was no internet, so I didn't know what to expect. I was blown away by this opener. Sympathy for the Devil was the highlight of the show. With the intro movie, the red lights and all the inflatable voodoo figures and Jagger in his iconical witch doctor clothes. Magical...

1998 june 29 Amsterdam Holland Let's Spend the night together One of my favorite Stones sixties songs. Saint of me. It's not even in my Stones top 50, but the atmosphere in the stadium during this song was amazing. Everbody was singing 'yeah, oh yeah'. The Dutch national soccer squad played against Joegoslavia during the show and they scored the winning goal in the last minute of the match. Somewhere between two songs Jagger mentioned that we were winning and they then showed the winning goal on the big BTB screen! The crowd went absolutely wild!

1999 june 2 Groningen Holland Jumping Jack Flash. From the moment I got out of the train, it rained cats & dogs. During the support act (Catatonia) the whole crowd was covered in raincoats and plastic sheets. When the No Security backstage video started on the big screen the rain stopped (for a while) and the boys started JJF.. Midnight Rambler. My first MR and I was very close to the center stage...

2003 august 19 Amsterdam Holland I was pretty drunk during this show, that's a shame. They played Star Star there and that's one of my favorite Stones songs so I must have enjoyed that one! Jaggers voice was in pretty bad shape I remember and the next couple of concerts were postponed because of his throat problems. We missed the last train home after the show and took a cab home. Cost me €250 grinning smiley

2006 juli 31 Amsterdam Holland The accoustics were very bad from where I was standing during this show. I promised myself that night never to visit the Amsterdam Arena again. Highlights of the show were Sway and Get off of my Cloud

2007 june 8 Nijmegen Holland There was a thunderstorm just before the show and Van Morrisson ran off the stage after two or three songs and didn't come back. It was pretty scary since lightning struck on the festival terrain several times. It was the show after the infamous Werchter show were Keith fell of the stage and was in bad shape after the tree incident. He wasn't that great this night, but I really enjoyed Can't you hear me Knocking and
Shw was Hot

2014 june 14 Pinkpop Festival Holland My first Stones show in seven years! It was at a festival so not everybody was there just for the Stones, but that turned out pretty well. Joe Bonamassa and John Mayer played before the Stones so the crowd was ready! A lot of young people that were singing and clapping along. Stand out songs: Angie and You got the Silver

2017 oktober Arnhem Holland This show had an awesome setlist! Ride 'em on down and Just your fool were great, but then they played Dancing with Mr D (it ended up on the Honk compilation) and She's So Cold!

2018 may 18 London Great crowd, great sound, great stadium. They played Fool to Cry for the first time in 20 years that night. That was awesome. And the request song was Under my Thumb!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-16 17:17 by ribbelchips.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 16, 2022 17:10

Nashville 2015- Far Away Eyes
DC 2019- Mercy, Mercy
Nashville 2021- Midnight Rambler

Posted by: Zotz ()
Date: May 17, 2022 01:49

1969 - San Diego - Little Queenie / Midnight Rambler
1972 - San Diego - Brown Sugar
1975 - LA Forum - Fingerprint File / You Gotta Move
1978 - Anaheim - Beast of Burden
1981 - San Diego - Waiting on a Friend

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: May 17, 2022 02:40

2003 Brown Sugar (first song i ever saw them do, you cant beat that.)
2007 Cant You Hear Me Knocking
2017 (I made eye contact with Keith during Sympathy, so thats gotta be a highlight, i also got emotional during Happy)
2018 (The Worst was memorable to see, Wild Horses too with Florence)

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: May 17, 2022 02:49

Every song during my '81 show cuz that was my first and it was amazing to hear every single song live! But I particularly remember loving Time Is On My Side and would love to hear it again..

Midnight Rambler in '15 cuz first I'd heard it live and I went slightly crazy over it.. And now I look forward to hearing it (and Satisfaction) live every chance I can get

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: May 17, 2022 02:57

Way too many but CYHMK was a highlight after waiting 30 plus years stands out big time.

But still so many over the years. Impossible to nail it down all the club shows over the years had many gems waited years for. Torn And Frayed among others.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: May 17, 2022 04:58

1978 - Love in Vain.
1981 - Under My Thumb, Let's Spend the Night Together and Time is on My Side.
1989 - 2000 Light Years into SFTD.
2002 - Monkey Man
2006 - She Was Hot.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: May 17, 2022 05:45

2021, Detroit : Ain't too Proud to Beg - Mick was on fire and the band nailed it. Also, Gimme Shelter with Sasha - particularly moving...

Many more throughout the years dating back to Philly `78.. but, if Detroit was my last show with the Stones, those will be my lasting memories..

Posted by: Martin90 ()
Date: May 17, 2022 06:08

2006 Buenos Aires 1 - First time, so the opening with JJF was absolutely mindblowing, also superb versions of Worried About You and PIB.
2006 Buenos Aires 2 - Rain Fall Down during a heavy storm was special. Crazy crazy show!

2016 Buenos Aires 1 - Street Fighitng Man by far!
2016 Buenos Aires 2 - One of the greatest shows i've attended. Amazing versions of LSTNT, Out Of Control, CYHMK (a real surprise) and Slipping Away after seeing Keith getting emotional.
2016 Buenos Aires 3 - BEAST OF BURDEN, the one that won the vote on the previous show but they played Angie instead. So this was unexpected.
2016 Montevideo - Great version of She's So Cold on this show!

2018 Cardiff - GOOMC won the vote, the version that's on Honk, excellent! And also a furious version of JJF after a false start.
2018 Twickenham - Special show being the last one Charlie played in his hometown. Really nice version of Bitch.

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: May 17, 2022 22:10

Thanks everyone. I agree, not an easy task at all especially if you've been to a lot of shows. I enjoy every minute of their shows too and find it interesting that years later certain songs stand out. For instance, if I were to look at the Vegas setlist from when I saw them in 2006, I would've thought Sway would've been a highlight for me, but SOL was so incredible that night, I still remember it so well.

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: May 17, 2022 23:23

SHE SAID YEAH

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: May 20, 2022 21:01

1975 - First Stones show, so the entire set!

1978 - Faraway Eyes, Love in Vain

1989 (2 shows) - Paint It Black, 2000 Years from Home, Ruby Tuesday

1994 (2 shows) - Not Fade Away, Rocks Off, It's All Over Now

1997 - Out of Control, Saint of Me, The Last Time

2005 - Mr. Pitiful, Live With Me

2006 - Night Time is the Right Time, Sway

2015 - Can't You Hear Me Knockin', You Got to Move

2021 - She's a Rainbow, Connection

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1854
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home