Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Tourbook '72
Posted by: ElectricBoogaloo ()
Date: October 17, 2022 16:31

I purchased this book and it has exceeded my expectations. Great content and lovely pictures. I have been listening to some 1972 boots while reading the book and it has been great!

Long live the Stones!

Posted by: ekelundh ()
Date: October 18, 2022 13:29

My copy arrived yesterday, and the book is an amazing labor of love with attention to detail. Will enjoy it for a long time.

Many thanks to Erwin!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 25, 2022 07:01

Received a 2nd copy today (sent as a replacement when 1st copy went on a U.S. postal tour of its own) and realized I didn't emphasize enough before how detailed and fun this is for the true fan.

Great work Erwin!

Posted by: michrud ()
Date: October 25, 2022 12:31

It's absolutely a fantastic book. Thick, loads of nice pictures and very well written. A huge thank you to Erwin for his great work!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 28, 2022 06:45

just finished reading thru it

wow!

it reads like it was written to rip this joint on repeat

face paced, instense and never boring

i'd like to consider myself pretty well read on this tour but turns out i only new half the story

the story about what went down in warwick rhode island was way WAY crazier then i thought

and i never new that after there plane landed in bellingham wa that mick and keith where interviewed in the back of a car (by the way love to hear that tape erwinwinking smiley)

and SO MANY photos that i've never seen before on almost every page the ones from mick's 30th birthday party i had no idea existed

and having all the photos i did reconcize associated with specific shows and dates really helps make this even more enjoyable to read

also i noticed that he signed the book for me about half way thru reading itgrinning smiley

that was a nice touchsmiling smiley

seriously folks get one while they last

Date: November 3, 2022 18:50

This is probably a great exhibit.

[www.yahoo.com]

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: November 6, 2022 00:56

Can a kind soul direct me to the “IORR D/L” charlotte 1972 audio mentioned in this book P186?

Charlotte at the correct speed ……..

Posted by: Stoons ()
Date: November 6, 2022 13:20

Hi Midimannz,

Thank you for your request. I found it somewhere on this great website.
Was made by Erik Snow and Watchit! Tried to get in touch with them both but never succeeded...
Here's a new link

Downloadlink
[we.tl]

Charlotte at perfect speed (page 186 Tourbook'72)

Enjoy.
erwin.hoetjes@gmail.com

Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: November 6, 2022 13:25

Yeez,

Just read the mail of Midimannz and directly below it a link to the requested concert !

Thanks for asking and for speedy delivery, Midimannz and Erwin !

PS: Still enjoying your wonderfull book !!

smileys with beer

Posted by: Stoons ()
Date: November 6, 2022 13:35

Got as well a request for the audio from the Cannonball Tucson 2 disc recording, which doesn't seem to be available in the IORR database.
Will post the Charlotte and Tuscon links on the Hot Stuff section.
Enjoy
erwin.hoetjes@gmail.com

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 6, 2022 13:51

Stoons
Hi Midimannz,

Thank you for your request. I found it somewhere on this great website.
Was made by Erik Snow and Watchit! Tried to get in touch with them both but never succeeded...
Here's a new link

Downloadlink
[we.tl]

Charlotte at perfect speed (page 186 Tourbook'72)

Enjoy.
[email protected]

thank you!

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: November 6, 2022 20:12

Thank you for noticing. It’s really appreciated

I’m enjoying your comments in the book

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 9, 2022 10:21

for those of you who have read the book erwin has shared with me the video of the interview with mick & keith at the canadain border in washington thats on page 2

i've posted it here for him

iorr

Posted by: ElectricBoogaloo ()
Date: November 10, 2022 21:26

ProfessorWolf
for those of you who have read the book erwin has shared with me the video of the interview with mick & keith at the canadain border in washington thats on page 2

i've posted it here for him

iorr

Thanks for sharing, Professor! Erwin has created an amazing book. I have been learning new things every time I read it.

Date: November 22, 2022 12:24

My book just arrived. It's an amazing piece of work. You can tell that a lot of love went into it. I wish I would've seen the tour but alas, I was only 11. I had to wait until 1978 to see the band. Many thanks to Erwin.

Posted by: pichenot ()
Date: November 23, 2022 11:56

Nice book on tour 72. Lots of photos and good stories. A lot of work to achieve this result. Thanks Erwin.

Date: December 2, 2022 18:52

Every time I pick up the book I find something I didn't know & get sucked in further. It's an amazing piece of work.

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: December 11, 2022 15:01

Picked up mine in the mail yesterday. Fantastic read so far. Thanks Erwin!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 16, 2022 14:05

I wrote a review of the book here:

Tourbook '72 by Ervin J Hoetjes

This is an amazing book. Simply amazing!

From the moment you open this book, you clearly see this is a true labour of love. It must have taken years and years to compile, write and edit all of this.

..... (see the review pages link above for more)

I will spend winter days reading through this book, so many details, have to read every page, every detail.

If you love The Rolling Stones, you will love this book!

Bjornulf

Date: December 16, 2022 16:10

bv

From the moment you open this book, you clearly see this is a true labour of love. It must have taken years and years to compile, write and edit all of this.

I will spend winter days reading through this book, so many details, have to read every page, every detail.

I'm so glad you are enjoying this, BV. You are correct, it is a perfect book for long winter days. It was nice of you to do a separate page for a review. Erwin did a magnificent job on this. I hope he is able to publish commercially in some form. In the meantime, I would recommend getting one of these from Erwin. The info to contact Erwin is earlier in the thread. This was truly a labour of love by him. I wish I would've been old enough to see this tour!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: December 16, 2022 18:02

bv

+1

Posted by: bluenote ()
Date: February 23, 2023 12:55

Today I received a copy of the Tourbook '72, and despite all the very positive comments I read already, I am still very very amazed.

It is such an incredible piece of information and a must have for every Stones fan!

This is a true gem in my book collection!

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: March 7, 2023 23:58

I received my copy today.
Only a few hours to take a look and I can say without a doubt that it's in my Top Ten favorite books about the Stones and, of course, the definitive book about the 1972 Tour.
Now I just need an official box set with all the available soundboards and a DVD with all the available video recordings.

Thanks Erwin for this amazing book.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-09 23:35 by Ricky.

Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: March 9, 2023 22:46

Where did Erwin go anyway ?

Just noted he has not been here for 3 months.
Unless he changed his name here and is lurking in the dark ?

Anyone knows more ?

Posted by: bluenote ()
Date: March 10, 2023 18:51

Send him an e-mail. He replies really fast!

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: March 10, 2023 19:00

He got a great shirt for his 60th birthday.... ;-)

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: March 11, 2023 00:00

Another satisfied buyer:
video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: alfstone ()
Date: March 11, 2023 09:47

Got my copy this week
It´s an amazing document, highly recommended. Made with love and care. It´s like following the american tour ´72 and feeling part or the STP
Happy to have this book. Now time to enjoy it deeply.
Great work Erwin!

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: March 13, 2023 14:23

Got my copy 2 - 3 months ago due to personal reasons I am just getting into it now.
What a fantastic document of the 72' Tour. The detail and documentation is unbelievable for every show of the tour.I have already over the weekend upgraded 5 concert recordings based on Erwin's advice and thats just a start. looking forward to absorbing this over the coming weeks.What a great read this is.

Thank you Erwin for your time in completing your project and gathering together the information for this fantastic book.!!!. thumbs up

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: March 17, 2023 13:31

incredibly breathtaking, this is a blast. I wonder if the Stones themselves would be able to do the same. Very hard work, thank you very much.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1895
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home