Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Tourbook '72
Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: September 6, 2022 01:57

snoopy2
Chitown23
This book is so comprehensive with detail, it makes me feel like I'm there.
Bravo, Erwin!
Looking forward to it! How long did it take to arrive for you? Mine shows it arrived Chicago a week ago and hasn’t moved since. It is media mail?

Mine sat with customs for nearly four weeks

Posted by: Chitown23 ()
Date: September 6, 2022 04:16

It took a couple weeks to arrive to Chicago.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 6, 2022 08:45

Chitown23
It took a couple weeks to arrive to Chicago.

Thanks (and to midimannz too!).. I realize I knew what was up, just got bit impatient to see this thing!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 6, 2022 10:03

Stones fans ??????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Haag ()
Date: September 6, 2022 10:10

Received the tourbook last weekend. It is a fantastic book. Thanks for speedy delivery.

Date: September 6, 2022 19:50

Rockman

Stones fans ??????

ha, guess he should check for coffee stains on his copy

Posted by: Stoons ()
Date: September 16, 2022 19:17

Got some questions about overseas shipping.
Destinations outside EU are mailed out as a gift with low value mentioned. To avoid duties and/or VAT charges. Up till now all manuscripts have arrived. But it can take a while.
I'll try to keep track on all deliveries till I get confirmation from the receivers.
Hope all clear.
Erwin

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: September 17, 2022 14:43

My copy arrived yesterday, and the book shows amazing attention to detail. Just started getting into it.

Bravo Erwin on what certainly appears to be a job well done!

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: September 17, 2022 16:52

Regarding the tapes mentioned in the "My Life As a RS", here are two screenshots.

Date: September 17, 2022 18:47

Stoons
Got some questions about overseas shipping.
Destinations outside EU are mailed out as a gift with low value mentioned. To avoid duties and/or VAT charges. Up till now all manuscripts have arrived. But it can take a while.
I'll try to keep track on all deliveries till I get confirmation from the receivers.
Hope all clear.
Erwin

Update on mine from yesterday.. It had arrived Chicago on Aug 29th, thought it was in customs all this time but it had actually cleared and kept going in circles because of scanning machines (or something like that).. I've been reaching out to USPS and yesterday a postal employee confirmed they found the actual package (still in Illinois) and are hand processing it now, so hopefully soon smiling smiley

Posted by: mtripoli ()
Date: September 27, 2022 05:38

Received my copy of Erwin's book and cannot put it down. What a great read, it has details of every aspect of this great tour. Many, many photos that I have never seen. The data for each concert and the boots that have been released for each show is almost overwhelming. I am so glad that I invested in this great effort, and would recommend to all. This book will keep me busy for quite some time, and I will be using it as an 1972 tour reference. Thank you Erwin!!!

As I stated to Erwin, I still cannot believe that the "Madison" show was not stolen from the soundboard as that information was all that had been related. Hope they let this one out someday.

Again, Thank you.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: September 27, 2022 20:08

GivenToFly15
Regarding the tapes mentioned in the "My Life As a RS", here are two screenshots.

Wow! 1970 & 1972 tapes waiting to be released.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: September 27, 2022 22:56

exilestones
GivenToFly15

Wow! 1970 & 1972 tapes waiting to be released.
If these tapes contains whole shows, we know for sertain that there are at least 10 concerts from the 1970 European tour in the vault. If so there could be even more from the 1972 American toursmoking smiley

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 27, 2022 23:12

Unfortunately, one of the 1972 shows is listed as june 24 , 1972, which is the source of partof the L&G soundtrack. The other three boxes may only be the Houston and other Ft Worth shows

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 28, 2022 00:46

Taylor1
Unfortunately, one of the 1972 shows is listed as june 24 , 1972, which is the source of partof the L&G soundtrack. The other three boxes may only be the Houston and other Ft Worth shows

this may not be all the tapes

i hope

Date: September 28, 2022 03:23

got my book today

it's fantastic

cleary written by a crazy stones freak for other crazy stones freaks

the amount of detail and photos is overwhelming

every single show gets a chapter loaded with photos and info including on the best boots and history of the recordings and some of those that made them

for those starting out collecting the 72 boots get this first it'll be a great resource for collecting and a wonderful thing to read while listening to them

as for the physical book itself for those who have read "the rolling stones - the first twenty years" it visually reminds me of that very much though with better quality paper and binding this book will take a beating it's made to last

this was a really great idea and i hope somebody does something similar for the 73 tours and other tours as well

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: October 2, 2022 00:50

A+
a great deal! thanks

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: October 2, 2022 02:11

ProfessorWolf
Taylor1

i hope
Well, even if they only have here the 4 Texas shows from which L&G was compiled from, having all 4 complete shows with better sound than L&G would be great

Date: October 2, 2022 03:35

Taylor1
ProfessorWolf
Taylor1

i hope
Well, even if they only have here the 4 Texas shows from which L&G was compiled from, having all 4 complete shows with better sound than L&G would be great

agreed

Posted by: Rosto ()
Date: October 3, 2022 21:36

Book has been delivered this afternoon and all previous posts "Don't lie to me"
An amazing busload of passion has been put to paper and if you're searching for an exclusive present, for yourself or you name it, don't hesitate!

Time to close my door, shut the blinds, no answering the phone.
Yes indeed, it's quality time with my new book tonight...

Let it rock!

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: October 4, 2022 03:21

How can I order a copy ?

Date: October 4, 2022 03:59

detroitken
How can I order a copy ?

email the author and request a copy

his email address is in the first post on page 1

Date: October 7, 2022 17:53

ProfessorWolf
detroitken
How can I order a copy ?

Thank you Professor

Date: October 7, 2022 18:07

detroitken
ProfessorWolf
detroitken
How can I order a copy ?

Thank you Professor

your welcome

Date: October 8, 2022 04:03

Connection made...Thank you Erwin & Professor....

Date: October 11, 2022 21:30

It’s in my hands today! After watching it bounce between Illinois, Alabama, and Florida for 6 weeks due to a bad barcode I was told, someone finally reached into the automated mess and pulled it out.

It is everything I have heard. Looks fantastic, very excited to dig into it.

Also Erwin was very responsive every step of the shipping issues, thank you!!

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: October 16, 2022 01:50

I received my copy yesterday and have been buried in it ever since. The '72 Tour--in my opinion-- is the Stones at the top of their game. This collection is an abundance of information on that topic that every Stones fan will appreciate seeing compiled in one place. I think Erwin deserves credit for what he's done as a fan, and what he's done for his fellow fans. Fantastic job.

BTW--After reading some of the posts here I had some concern how long it would take to get it. It took just over two weeks after I contacted Erwin and ordered it--shipped from The Netherlands to California--to arrive, and it was in perfect shape.

Posted by: Vwoods747 ()
Date: October 16, 2022 02:02

A very enjoyable read. Thanks Erwin

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 16, 2022 02:10

So damn good .... ordered a second copy ....

Bootleg knowledge will have ya reelin' ....

Round of applause to you Erwin

stay safe

ROCKMAN

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: October 16, 2022 23:03

I received the book months ago and am still amazed with it. Compelling stuff really. Magical.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1856
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home