Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Tourbook '72
Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: July 8, 2022 20:55

Palace Revolution 2000
The image will not open w/ me. I would definitely buy the book from you.
Are you Erwin the drummer?

No, Erwin "Stoons" is nót Erwin the drummer... :-)

Date: July 8, 2022 20:58

Erwin... nice to talk with you at the pre-party in Amsterdam a few weeks ago.

Today I received your tourbook '72...
I just scrolled through it, it looks really impressive.

This summer I have something to read :-)

Erwin

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: July 8, 2022 22:02

Congratulations!

This past Tuesday, July 5th, was the 50th anniversary of the show I saw. In Norfolk, Virginia's Scope.

I was lucky enough to have a high school classmate whose father was a city official and could get tix for a few of us. I don't think I would of had a chance of getting in otherwise, the demand for the tickets, everywhere, was on a scale never seen before.

I still have the stub.

Just an hour ago I finally ordered myself a copy of Jim Marshall's 50th Ann. reprint of his photo book of the tour. I've long wanted one of those. Very glad he's reprinted it.

Edit:

Just emailed you.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-25 00:16 by TheBluesHadaBaby.

Posted by: cimaz ()
Date: July 9, 2022 00:29

I received my copy today. Great book and quite complete. I hope you will find a publisher.

Along Jim Marshall Deluxe edition it's the best book you can find about the 50Th anniversary of the 1972 US tour.

Congratulations Erwin !

Alain

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 9, 2022 06:46

Is it an actual book with hard covers, or just a manuscript form? I can't see the picture either. Any details, or pix would be great!!

Date: July 9, 2022 07:11

VoodooLounge13
Is it an actual book with hard covers, or just a manuscript form? I can't see the picture either. Any details, or pix would be great!!

Actual book, with covers, but IDK if hard or soft. 4 posts up ErwinH -- a different Erwin from the author -- posted a pic of it.

I don't have one yet but did just order one.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Date: July 9, 2022 10:43

It's a 330 pages book with soft covers.
These books are test prints and not for sale in a store or online I think.

If you want your copy (please do, it's great) you can contact Erwin "Stoons" Hoetjes.

Date: July 9, 2022 22:48

In the course of emailing with Erwin Hoetjis last night, he observed and asked,

"Norfolk is also a great stop on the tour. Do you still have or know somebody who has the ticket? Have been looking for it for twenty years.....

"What is your favorite song from the 1972 tour?" 

Thought I'd paste my reply in here, during the 50th Ann. Week of "my" '72 tour concert, just for grins (and maybe stir up the GHS/73 tour acolytes just a tad spinning smiley sticking its tongue out):

Rip This Joint!

Just the sheer velocity of it was insane. And I'd loved it off EOMS immediately. Of course over time I forgot most of what everything sounded like on that day. Fortunately I got a bootleg much later. The other most-favorite Stones songs of mine that they played in the concert were Brown Sugar, Bitch, and Rocks Off.

My Stones albums at that age were Through The Past Darkly... got it at age 14 for Honky Tonk Women, Sticky Fingers, Hot Rocks, and EOMS. I loved that stuff SO much that when Goats Head Soup came out I was shocked and deeply disappointed at what it sounded like. Or, what Angie and Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo sounded like, which was all the radio stations played of it. I skipped GHS and their next 2 studio albums, too.

But Sticky Fingers and EOMS... those were the holy grail, the peak of rocknroll by anyone ever.

On EOMS I also esp. liked Hip Shake, Rocks Off, All Down The Line, Just Want To See His Face, Ventilator Blues, and while mid-tempo isn't where the Stones should be playing IMO, Sweet Virginia of course. But everything on EOMS is great to me. And everything on Sticky Fingers except Sister Morphine.

Many, many bands and acts can write and play decent ballads. Those who can make great, original rocknroll, though, are rare. It's a waste of the Rolling Stones' special talents to mess around singing ballads. I like music with edge and bite, and that is the Stones music that makes them the greatest.

No 1973 Europe tour Stones concert IMO could ever match up to a 1972 Stones concert if for no other reason than in '73 those concerts contained Goat's Head Soup songs!

Pic of my ticket stub attached. If you want to add it to your book, please do.

Regards, ...

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: August 16, 2022 02:01

I have received my copy… from the author. Sent to New Zealand

What a masterpiece! If you’re a fan of the 72 tour as I am, there’s a lot to absorb in the 300 page tome

Support the author, but it - tell your friends and publishers- this needs to be released to the masses. It’s the best read in over a decade on our favourite band

It’s five stars from me

Posted by: Dbs1972 ()
Date: August 16, 2022 03:54

I have seen it …! It is an incredible document, nothing to compare it to. A must for every serious Stones fan.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 16, 2022 10:42

Wow this sounds GREAT Erwin!!!smileys with beer

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 16, 2022 11:30

This tour book is fantastic! Absolute great labor of love! I just spent this summer reading and browsing, and there is just so much great information! If you think you know it all then there's this book...

Great job Erwin!

Mathijs

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: August 16, 2022 12:33

Agreed! It's a masterpiece and a must-have.

As for publishing: there's a big problem with this. It's the licenses of all those pics which would have to be asked for. Just imagine the amount of work this would imply.

That would be very difficult to acchieve and this explains the difficulty of finding a publisher...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-16 13:16 by waterrats.

Date: August 17, 2022 12:18

I’m enjoying very much the guide to the best bootleg recordings available too from each of the dates.

Posted by: josef ()
Date: August 24, 2022 11:45

Book arrived safely. Great read with so many details i didn't know before.
Digging out my old '72 boots , listen and read .
Love it, thanks Erwin !!!

Posted by: Stoons ()
Date: August 26, 2022 23:45

It's very difficult to express my feelings about all reactions. THANK YOU for your praises. Because I know all my test print customers my knowledge about the 1972 tour has further improved. It's a busy job to communicate and do the actual shipping but it's worth every second of it. Came in touch with so many great Stones fans around the globe. Wonderful and Grateful! A#1 nd for those who have been reading my book know that my aim is to get something decent released from the best of tours.
Geir Hornes, the prince of Nellcote, directed me to the docu my life as a Rolling Stone. Chapter of Charlie Watts. At around 43,42 in the docu we get a close look into the Stones Vaults and there we get to see tapes. TAPES ! From 1972. Ft Worth First Show #1 & 2 of 4 SAFETY COPY. Another one from the 2nd show. They exists ! next to these, recordings from 1970, they exists. Next to the 1970 tapes another one from 1972. They exist.
There's still hope!
Erwin

Posted by: poti ()
Date: August 27, 2022 15:14

Received my book yesterday, scrolled though it, got breathless, showed it to a good friend, have to order another one for him.
Congratulations to you, Erwin

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: August 27, 2022 16:15

Stoons
It's very difficult to express my feelings about all reactions. THANK YOU for your praises. Because I know all my test print customers my knowledge about the 1972 tour has further improved. It's a busy job to communicate and do the actual shipping but it's worth every second of it. Came in touch with so many great Stones fans around the globe. Wonderful and Grateful! A#1 nd for those who have been reading my book know that my aim is to get something decent released from the best of tours.
Geir Hornes, the prince of Nellcote, directed me to the docu my life as a Rolling Stone. Chapter of Charlie Watts. At around 43,42 in the docu we get a close look into the Stones Vaults and there we get to see tapes. TAPES ! From 1972. Ft Worth First Show #1 & 2 of 4 SAFETY COPY. Another one from the 2nd show. They exists ! next to these, recordings from 1970, they exists. Next to the 1970 tapes another one from 1972. They exist.
There's still hope!
Erwin

Yes, i mentionned the rooms full of tapes in the thread about the series. The tapes are there... Will someone make something about it?

Posted by: BruceK ()
Date: August 27, 2022 19:50

An amazing compendium of everything about the 1972 tour! This is a "must have" book!

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: August 29, 2022 14:41

I would love to get a copy but how do I contact the author to purchase one?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-29 14:41 by oldschool.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 29, 2022 14:44

Go to very first post ...... email adress

ROCKMAN

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: August 29, 2022 15:42

Thanks Rockman, my bad as I missed that in the first post

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 29, 2022 16:01

... Hey yeah thats fine .... glad ta help

....Heck maybe i should operate an information desk ...HHHaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: intinublado ()
Date: August 30, 2022 13:27

Congratulations, Erwin !!
Just received my copy this morning..... Looks wonderful to read !!
Thanks a lot Erwin !!

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 31, 2022 19:29

Stoons
There's still hope!
Erwin
I am sure they have live shows from the great 1972 tour either in the vaults or personal collections.

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: September 3, 2022 14:15

got my copy as well now
beautiful piece of work
already found some interesting new details
also some really nice pics
well done ,Erwin

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 4, 2022 09:52

Rockman

how much is a copy?

Date: September 4, 2022 12:38

ProfessorWolf
Rockman

how much is a copy?
Email direct. Not here I suggest. It’s well worth the effort

Posted by: Chitown23 ()
Date: September 5, 2022 22:32

This book is so comprehensive with detail, it makes me feel like I'm there.
Bravo, Erwin!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 5, 2022 23:07

Chitown23
This book is so comprehensive with detail, it makes me feel like I'm there.
Bravo, Erwin!
Looking forward to it! How long did it take to arrive for you? Mine shows it arrived Chicago a week ago and hasn’t moved since. It is media mail?

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1661
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home