Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Tourbook '72
Posted by: Stoons ()
Date: May 15, 2022 12:23

Dear Stones fans,

Just in time for the 50th anniversary of the greatest of all tours, my thesis is finished. After 23 years I managed to get it all together in this labour of STP love. Your input here on IORR has been very valuable for my Science Training Programme. Thank You for that.
Here it is, a 1,5 kilo manuscript full with 1972 STP Info, spread over 332 pages in 32 chapters. Now for the first time in its full glory. So far I have not been able to find a publisher yet. Most important is that I sincerely hope the Stones will do something valuable with their 1972 legacy. Especially now that for the first time they have released the complete live show from El Mocambo! They start to learn.
I made a few test prints. For those who might be interested please contact me privately for further details.

Best Regards,
erwin.hoetjes@gmail.com

Re: Tourbook '72
Posted by: Milan ()
Date: May 15, 2022 15:12

Just post the PDF here, thanks.

Just kidding! Congrats man! smileys with beer

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outRe: Tourbook '72
Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: May 15, 2022 15:20

Great achievement! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 15, 2022 16:14

Stoons
So far I have not been able to find a publisher yet.

I suggest you get in touch with the author of the recent Nellcote book.
Imo that's your best option... and I'll certainly buy your book once it's out.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: May 15, 2022 17:59

Good news! All the best to your hard workthumbs up
Will the book include any pictures that havent been published officially before? Also I'm wondering if there are any details about the lost live album ie. what songs they had planned puting on it, the legal issues etc..?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 15, 2022 18:46

Cool cover picture. Good luck with the book.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: May 15, 2022 20:43

wow, congrats!

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: May 15, 2022 22:18

Looks great! congratulations!
Have you considered self-publishing?
Bye, Luca

Posted by: Stoons ()
Date: May 16, 2022 21:55

In my humble opinion the Tourbook '72 is more than you may expect. It's one of a kind. Have searched for anybody who could tell something about what happened to them when the Stones came to town, in 1972. All the recordings have been compared and reviewed. Also info about the Unreleased live album is included. My hope is that the Stones will use my information for a future VR release of the whole tour.

Posted by: glimmerman ()
Date: May 16, 2022 22:41

Oh yeah,

This goes to the top of my summer reading list.

I know the author did an extensive amount of deep research. In my circle of friends, when we say "the tour", it is clearly understood which tour we're talking about. There were certainly no filters in those days.

...they are a way of life"

Posted by: JDel ()
Date: May 17, 2022 08:56

Got mine yesterday. A true labour of love. It will keep me reading for weeks. If you can spend a couple of Euros, get it! You will love it. Looking forward to all the books for all the other tours. ;-)

Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: May 19, 2022 13:08

Just received my copy.

A true labor of love and a treasure trove for fans.

Compliments to Stoons.

Posted by: willnash ()
Date: May 22, 2022 15:02

If you thought you knew all there was to know about the Rolling Stones 72 Tour then think again. Erwin's thesis and the current "Test Print" manuscript are an essential reference tool.

Posted by: Dolf ()
Date: May 22, 2022 16:57

You don’t need pills or powders to experience the 1972 tour of the Rolling Stones, just step into this amazing time-machine created by Stoons and read all there is about to know about this amazing tour! This goes beyond a labour of love! If you love the Stones get this one!

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: May 23, 2022 09:51

Received Erwin’s STP 72 book this weekend…What a wonderful and meticulously researched thing it has become! Love it! A true reference work. Newsclips, photos, tapes and films have been dissected to create an in-depth dive into (one of) the most entertaining Stones tour ever. What tracks did they play, where? What is said on stage between songs, what happened between shows, what details are there to be found in tour interviews? It’s "all there".
I really hope Erwin will find a publisher for the book so that this gospel is spread to all. Who wouldn’t be interested in it?

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: May 23, 2022 09:59

RobberBride
Received Erwin’s STP 72 book this weekend…What a wonderful and meticulously researched thing it has become! Love it! A true reference work. Newsclips, photos, tapes and films have been dissected to create an in-depth dive into (one of) the most entertaining Stones tour ever. What tracks did they play, where? What is said on stage between songs, what happened between shows, what details are there to be found in tour interviews? It’s "all there".
I really hope Erwin will find a publisher for the book so that this gospel is spread to all. Who wouldn’t be interested in it?

+1. I received mine too - what a Taschen coffee table book it could be!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 23, 2022 10:31

how is everyone getting a copy?

sorry if i sound stupid but how?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-23 10:32 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: May 23, 2022 10:57

ProfessorWolf

Email Erwin and buy one from him and he will send it to you.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 23, 2022 11:27

ChrisL
ProfessorWolf

Email Erwin and buy one from him and he will send it to you.

thanks

Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: May 23, 2022 21:56

Stoons
In my humble opinion the Tourbook '72 is more than you may expect. It's one of a kind. Have searched for anybody who could tell something about what happened to them when the Stones came to town, in 1972. All the recordings have been compared and reviewed. Also info about the Unreleased live album is included. My hope is that the Stones will use my information for a future VR release of the whole tour.

This totally true, the book is a fantastic adventure following the complete tour of 1972 and more. Deep respect for all the time and research that went into this bible of that tour. This work deserves a great release and the writer a great compliment ! Wish there were books like this about every tour

Posted by: ShootsWaterRats ()
Date: May 24, 2022 04:10

Ideally the Stones would finally release a great '72 live album to accompany the Tourbook!

[iorr.org]

Date: May 24, 2022 23:11

The image will not open w/ me. I would definitely buy the book from you.
Are you Erwin the drummer?

Posted by: automaticchanger ()
Date: May 29, 2022 03:37

Received my copy this week and spent a good 3 hours soaking it all in - Erwin has done a fantastic (and exhaustive) job producing an overview of the tour. Thanks for all your hard work!

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: June 1, 2022 18:20

Just recieved it. It's absolutely wonderful! If your'e looking for info about the RS on tour in '72 and can't find it in this book, then it's not worth looking any further. This book got it all! The pictures, stories, interviews, info about recordings, news clips, fun facts, what Jagger said between songs...
-anything!!
Thank you very much Erwinthumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 1, 2022 18:22

Received mine this week too - what an amazing book!! Thank you Erwin!!

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: June 3, 2022 11:18

Just received this wonderful book in the mail and spent last hour going through. It looks a stunner, a book of beauty.

Much respect Erwin for what was obviously a labour of love. It is a treasure for fans. Thank you kindly smiling smiley

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: June 4, 2022 15:35

Erwin, I just received my book yesterday, and it is an incredible piece of work! You clearly spent so much time not only with the Colson pages, but also going thru each of the live recordings and other ephemera to do all possible to report the nuances so many among us have longed to see and read about.

I echo the sentiments expressed by some on this thread that it would be groovy if the Stones would release some of their recordings on some of the more incredible 1972 shows like Philadelphia.

Erwin, thanks for sharing!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: Sacke ()
Date: June 8, 2022 18:10

Received my copy this week....what a gem!! So much info and great photos!

Thanx Erwin!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 9, 2022 02:09

Got the book today and it's amazing.
Just had time to flip through and it's great.
Recovering from a complicated leg fracture this will definetly help.

Thank you very much Erwin for your great work and your kind words as well...

Posted by: glimmerman ()
Date: June 30, 2022 20:47

At last!

Received my book yesterday. I think the guys at the customs department poured over it for a few weeks. As everyone has said, this is a labor of fanatical love which will serve as the definitive reference work for what was a high point in the history of the band. What a tour that was, and this book serves as a heavily detailed diary of every show. Related bootlegs, photos, ticket stubs, reviews and arrest records all exhaustively presented here.

Great job Erwin. Maybe take a few years off!

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1457
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home