Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Part of new Stones podium?
Posted by: SitCen ()
Date: May 13, 2022 22:38

A couple of days ago, my friend Luc (aka TIOMS on IORR), drove by the construction site of StageCo (the Belgian company that builds podia and has been doing so for many Stones tours, but also "The Crab" for The U2 360° Tour, other bands and festivals like Tomorrow Land and the like).
He drove by at a distance of some 200 meters and saw that they were constructing a huge tower (some 40 meters high).
A couple of days later, there was a short item on Belgian TV concerning this"tower" (see the Wetransfer link below for the caption of that TV item).
The manager told the reporter that business was blooming again after the meager Corona years and that they were building stages for groups and artists like Cold Play, Ramstein, Elton John and some festivals.
When asked about the tower, he couldn't reveal who it was for, but that it would be announced in a couple of weeks.
Here's the Wetransfer link to the caption off TV (it's some 3 minutes and the file is a little more than 29 Mb (sorry, but it's in Flemish... The first image of the tower (which seems to be a round video screen) comes on at some 18 seconds into the video):

[we.tl]

So what do you people think; could this be for the Stones?

it's just an assumption, but still a big thank you to Luc (TIOMS) for contacting me and giving me the OK to post this here!

Sitcen (formerly known as coowouters or "Chris from Belgium))

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-13 22:42 by SitCen.

Re: Part of new Stones podium?
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 13, 2022 22:56

I don't hope so

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 13, 2022 23:01

this round aspect doesn't lend itself well to the T-shape of the stage setup the seating maps indicate

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: May 14, 2022 11:45

That seems like something Roger Waters would use on a outdoor show

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 14, 2022 13:13

Not the Stones, I assume. It just doesn't make sense the way all stadiums are set up for them this year.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: May 14, 2022 14:22

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: May 14, 2022 14:27

Hi, all of you,
I was passing by with my bycicle in Werchter. I live 10KM from Werchter, Haacht, (where podiums are built and stand up for delivery). I saw it and I stopped for a total of minutes 200meters away on the street. I did not see the podium. I saw only that huge screen which was working with several things. And a few days later that screen cilinder came on the Belgium TV to report that. And the director said to the reporter within 2 weeks you'll know for who it is made. And I, as a Stones fan (age 71) was thinking: they are beginning there tour within 2&3 weeks. So, My conclusion can be completely wrong, Sorry, I had my mind on it. Hope to see someone in Brussels Diamond Pit, side Richards.
Luc,

And this screen can't be use indoors.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 14, 2022 14:38

I guess that's rather for somebody with a 360° stage setup, like Ed Sheeran has at the moment. Doesn't make much sense with the Stones' layout of the stage

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-14 14:38 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 14, 2022 14:43

No, it's for the Indochine tour

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 14, 2022 15:21

Curious and interesting screen!

Nice to see you posting again Chris! Please contact me whenever you want.

Re: Part of new podium?
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 14, 2022 15:25

Lien

[youtu.be]

Re: Part of new podium?
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 14, 2022 15:40

That looks like some big gas reservoir next to the airport

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: May 14, 2022 19:03

Cool stage!
For the Stones it remains a well-kept surprise...
The 14 On Fire Europe tour went on sale with Tongue Pits like with 50 And Counting, and in the end it was the start of the T-stage. No Tongue Pits.
I am very curious what it will be like this time around! It will be spectacular without doubt.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 14, 2022 19:08

calipachangero
That seems like something Roger Waters would use on a outdoor show

From what I've read, Roger is going to have something like this for the upcoming tour with a round stage. He's saying he's preparing something special this time. Which is quite the statement after the last tour.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: May 17, 2022 14:28

The pictures look like it's meant for a promotion tour for some energy drink ...

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 17, 2022 16:23

Elon Musk's latest rocket?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 17, 2022 16:30

Elmo Lewis

Elon Musk's latest rocket?

A big fireworks banger - [iorr.org] winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1843
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home