Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: James Corden wants Mick & Keith for "Carpool Karaoke"
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 14, 2022 13:59

He should get the Gallagher brothers. They could start a fistfight & call each other c*nts, etc. That would be solid gold!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 14, 2022 15:14

it was said...many a time....that Mick would never do Larry King...or Howard Stern.......well he did both.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 14, 2022 15:42

crholmstrom
He should get the Gallagher brothers. They could start a fistfight & call each other c*nts, etc. That would be solid gold!

would watch

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 14, 2022 22:45

Hairball
Justin
Can't imagine a worst nightmare for Mick than singing to himself on 50/60 year old recordings.

Couldn't be much different than adding new vocal overdubs to unused/leftover tunes that are decades old.

Well he can do that in the privacy of a recording studio. But as a performance, mugging for the camera with Corden singing to his 20-year old self to Get off My Cloud or Jumpin Jack Flash? If he agrees, it'll be one hell of an acting performance that he can add to his acting resume.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 15, 2022 01:43

i think it be better if mick just drove keith and ronnie around london while they reminiscence about there early years and listen to music

then they can pull into the dartford train station and pick up bill and mick taylor

drive to a small theatre to meet the rest of the band for a performance

film it all and leave james corden out entirely

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 15, 2022 01:45

Well if Keith would play acoustic guitar they would not need playback. Kinda imagine it like the Country Honk version from Ole. The only downside would be Corden singing with it. But maybe he could do some nice backing vocals

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 15, 2022 06:38

Maybe the little tub could pick songs like Miss You, Emotional Rescue, Undercover of The Night, Too Much Blood, Back To Zero, Winning Ugly and Rock And A Hard Place - Mick songs, and make Keith beyond uncomfortable and unhappy.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 15, 2022 08:16

Mick and Keith together on Carpool Karaoke will never happen.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 26, 2023 19:09

James Corden was a guest on the Howard Stern Show today.

While talking about Carpool Karaoke, he mentioned having a conversation with Mick around the time of "Blue & Lonesome". The conversation went well enough that Corden felt fairly certain that Mick was on board.

He received a call a couple of days later letting him know that it wasn't going to happen.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 26, 2023 20:49

So Corden joins the long list of people who thought Mick was on board with their hare-brained ideas, never to hear from him again. Totally predictable.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 26, 2023 20:53

Missed opportunity for Mick.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 26, 2023 21:22

Absolutely no, but if they do Some Girls and Star F**ker.....

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 26, 2023 21:29

He did a great job with Macca. I like this idea. Think it would be incredible.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 26, 2023 21:42

MKjan

i don't know about that but tie you up and had it with you i could get onboard with this ideawinking smiley

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 26, 2023 23:04

ProfessorWolf
MKjan

i don't know about that but tie you up and had it with you i could get onboard with this ideawinking smiley

That could work, or maybe they can skip the car and dine at Balthazar.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 26, 2023 23:17

As long as Keith drives it will be a good show

ROCKMAN

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 26, 2023 23:22

Keith would slash the tyres ..... Straight after showing Corden the blade.

sc uk

"Carpool Karaoke"
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 26, 2023 23:23

James Corden's run on The Late Late Show ends tomorrow. The final "Carpool Karaoke" features Adele.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 27, 2023 00:29

MKjan

Well the song that really should be done is c*cksucker blues, if we're being honest with ourselves.

I'd even tune in to see that Corden-goober sing that.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 27, 2023 04:28

straycatuk
Keith would slash the tyres ..... Straight after showing Corden the blade.

sc uk

From what I’ve read, I think Corden would see the blade first!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 27, 2023 17:49

I met Cordon in a work-related capacity some years ago. He’s very awkward and unsure of himself when away from a microphone and an audience. I was surprised he didn’t start stammering!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 27, 2023 20:41

I attended his late night show at CBS studios about 10 years ago because I wanted to see that nights musical guests the Charlatans (UK) - they were exceptional as always.
But Corden was an idiot. As soon as a taping segment was over, he did an about face and went from the on camera laughs and smiles, to completely ignoring the audience while frowning and looking pissed off.
Might have been the stress of running a tight ship in front of a live audience, but it was awkward and off putting. The shows band leader Reggie Watts made up for it though with his funny jokes and music.
As a sidenote, went to the Fonda Theater about a week later to see the Charlatans again and ended up standing front and center - again, they were exceptional as always.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 27, 2023 20:57

Hairball
I attended his late night show at CBS studios about 10 years ago because I wanted to see that nights musical guests the Charlatans (UK) - they were exceptional as always.
But Corden was an idiot. As soon as a taping segment was over, he did an about face and went from the on camera laughs and smiles, to completely ignoring the audience while frowning and looking pissed off.
Might have been the stress of running a tight ship in front of a live audience, but it was awkward and off putting. The shows band leader Reggie Watts made up for it though with his funny jokes and music.
As a sidenote, went to the Fonda Theater about a week later to see the Charlatans again and ended up standing front and center - again, they were exceptional as always.

It's pretty widely known that he is insufferable. Your experience isn't unique, unfortunately.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: April 27, 2023 21:27

NashvilleBlues
Hairball

It's pretty widely known that he is insufferable. Your experience isn't unique, unfortunately.

Letterman wasnt much different. When you went to show you were there to watch the show, you were there to watch him taping his show. He didnt even look at the guests during he breaks.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 27, 2023 21:37

HalfNanker
NashvilleBlues
Hairball

Letterman wasnt much different. When you went to show you were there to watch the show, you were there to watch him taping his show. He didnt even look at the guests during he breaks.

Don't forget Corden's treatment of restaurant staff...

[people.com]

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: April 28, 2023 04:00

Jay Leno has always been very friendly. I know he isn't loved by everyone, but he does go out of his way to be nice to everyone who meets him.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 28, 2023 18:33

Wait, what? Is James Corden on the new album?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1370
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home