Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
James Corden wants Mick & Keith for "Carpool Karaoke"
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 13, 2022 17:07

James Corden 'desperate' to land Rolling Stones' Jagger and Richards in farewell chat show

JAMES CORDEN is said to be gunning to land one of his biggest guest acts in the farewell year of his US chat series Late Late Show.

By Holly Fleet
May 13, 2022

James Corden is "beyond keen" to get the Stones duo of Mick Jagger and Keith Richards in his Range Rover to sing along to their sixty years of hits for a Carpool Karaoke on the final year of his Late Late Show. The High Wycombe born host, 43, reportedly asked his bookers and producers to "go on an all out push" to land The Glimmer Twins as he brings his talk show run to an end within the next 12 months.

Corden enjoyed one of his biggest Carpool Karaoke successes with another British rock and roll legend Sir Paul McCartney.

But while Macca celebrated his life and career with Corden, The Stones have reportedly turned down many opportunities to perform on the beloved segment.

A Los Angeles producer told James Desborough: "Corden is on a mission to serve up fans a year of great Carpool Karaokes with A list artists - and The Rolling Stones are top of his list.

"James is a huge fan of the band and their music.

"His dream is to sit in a car and duet with Mick and Keith.

"He has written to the stars and asked his booking team and producers to push hard for them to appear in a segment.

"He is willing to work with them on how they would like to appear. The band has a UK tour coming up so he is pushing again to promote that with a special segment, so we will see how that goes.

"James is going for gold. In the last few years he has secured the biggest stars in pop and rock from Adele to Macca to The Red Hot Chilli Peppers. He really feels The Stones would be the icing on the cake."The source added: "Obviously he is not putting all his eggs in one basket; there are others on his wish list too.

"Bookers and producers are looking at icons like Roger Daltrey from The Who, Billy Joel, Neil Young, Lionel Richie, Keith Urban and Def Leppard."

Corden has attracted an astonishing array of prime talent for his Carpool Karaoke shows including Madonna, Stevie Wonder, Barbra Streisand, Taylor Swift, Mariah Carey, Sir Elton John, Harry Styles, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber and Britney Spears.

Their segments have racked up billions of views online.

[www.express.co.uk]

Re: James Corden wants Mick & Keith for "Carpool Karaoke"
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 13, 2022 17:29

I don't think they'll do it, but that'd be pretty funny.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 13, 2022 17:50

getting both of them in a car to duet there sounds an awful lot like locking them up in a kitchen

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 13, 2022 17:52

Maybe he should try for one or the other, but not both? Just a thought.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 13, 2022 17:56

I agree - would probably have more success individually.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: May 13, 2022 18:03

The guy is a kind of a doofus, and yet his admiration for old rock stars is easier to take than the over-the-top fawning of Jimmy Fallon.

Corden's McCartney segment was really, really well done.

If he could do a similar thing and take Mick and Keith through the old neighborhood I think it would make great viewing.

"Hey look who's here...it's Andrew Oldham!"

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: May 13, 2022 18:31

Would 100% get Mick....if he had a solo album out

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 13, 2022 19:07

I can imagine Mick might, but not Keith.

I’m sad Cordon is coming back to the U.K. We all hoped he’d uprooted to the U.S. for good!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 13, 2022 20:01

With his farewell card I do think he'll get Mick. He wouldn't realistically get Keith or I think want him, but Mick seems doable. Whether it will be as good as McCartney's, who knows, but now that its been mentioned I think he will get Mick.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 13, 2022 20:10

Why Mick and Keith but not Ronnie? Of they do then all of them

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 13, 2022 20:11

There is stuff I want to and maybe I get them or maybe I don't . Wishes are nice when they come true .

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 13, 2022 20:13

angee
Maybe he should try for one or the other, but not both? Just a thought.

He should keep trying for both in order to guarantee it won’t happen.

Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: May 13, 2022 20:17

Nikkei
getting both of them in a car to duet there sounds an awful lot like locking them up in a kitchen

...or even worse, a recording studiocool smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 13, 2022 20:42

Big Al
I can imagine Mick might, but not Keith.

I’m sad Cordon is coming back to the U.K. We all hoped he’d uprooted to the U.S. for good!

Perhaps you can locate him to a certain area and just, 'cordon' it off?

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: May 13, 2022 21:32

Maybe Keith could be on an acoustic while Mick sings....

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 13, 2022 22:55

Doubt Keith would ever to do something as silly as this, though seems to be right up Micks alley.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: May 13, 2022 23:51

God no.... please.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: May 13, 2022 23:52

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 14, 2022 00:08

Am I the only one here that likes James Cordon?
I know he is living now in USA and you can't blame him for accepting big, big bucks for doing his late night show and other things they want him for.
I remember a documentary on him on the BBC or ITV before he went over to USA and a really nice guy with his family and friends taking part.

I love watching the repeats of 'Gavin and Stacey' which made his name playing Smithy,which he co-wrote, and a very good comedy actor as well as serious roles.
He's been in many stage roles and films including 'The History Boys', and also other films.
He is a very talented guy in many respects, and no chance of getting them both together, but big bucks for Mick and Keith on separate shows in USA and seen soon after all over the world might be an incentive.

Bring it on is what I say. smileys with beer

Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: May 14, 2022 00:22

First off this from another britsh tabloid which has dubious ties to the truth.( think the daily mail but not premier league) so its kinda bollocks
Having said that I personally don't mind the guy. He came to America made his "fortune " time to go home. As for the glimmer twins appearing It ain't gonna happen. Its British tabloid nonsense.. but God I wish it would. And be honest, ya all think the same

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 14, 2022 00:54

ProfessorWolf

Doubt Keith would ever to do something as silly as this, though seems to be right up Micks alley.

Uhh yeah...1969 was a long time ago...seriously doubt Keith would have anything to do with something as silly as this these days - especially karaoke with James Corden.
On the other hand, Mick likes doing shows such as SNL during the latter era getting involved with various skits, etc. - he and James Corden would get along smoothly...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 14, 2022 00:59

Let Keith drive that'd be some show ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: May 14, 2022 01:08

Don't do it Keith......

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 14, 2022 01:17

I never thought it was funny or entertaining.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 14, 2022 02:25

Money talks these days and if they can make a few extra dollars from a few minutes to half hour on with James......... on their own separate terms with separate shows............. they are on a big payday.... all three of them.

Hope it does happen, and can't see it happening until well after the Europe Tour and sometime towards the end of James TV show in USA.

Date: May 14, 2022 04:02

Rockman
Let Keith drive that'd be some show ...

and control the radio!

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: May 14, 2022 07:55

I doubt they would appear with Corden.
Corden is over rated.Far better comedians/entertainers in UK ,Peter Kay far superior.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 14, 2022 08:07

Can't imagine a worst nightmare for Mick than singing to himself on 50/60 year old recordings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-14 08:08 by Justin.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 14, 2022 08:31

Justin
Can't imagine a worst nightmare for Mick than singing to himself on 50/60 year old recordings.

Couldn't be much different than adding new vocal overdubs to unused/leftover tunes that are decades old.

Date: May 14, 2022 10:05

Hairball
Justin

Couldn't be much different than adding new vocal overdubs to unused/leftover tunes that are decades old.

now that there is a good point

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1835
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home