Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - U2 Trying so hard to be relevant
Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: May 9, 2022 03:20

Playing a duo acoustic set in Ukraine. So desperate. You care? Donate money. D-bags. Using human misery to sell downloads/tickets. Offensive. Maybe Ukraine offers tax breaks?

Re: OT - U2 Trying so hard to be relevant
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 9, 2022 03:33

Trying hard to be relevant? I'm not a huge U2 fan but I know they can sell out any stadium in the world. Would Mick and Keith fly to Kiev?

Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: May 9, 2022 03:55

Yeah. Decadent rock stars. Or a social force for justice? The dance is endless. And it is a dance. They have made millions - just like Springsteen - who lives in Bel-Air but has a marketing campaign that makes you think he works at a diner. They are no different than Costco. Making donations to seem benevolent. Gosh, thank you sir! If you buy it, you got scammed.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 9, 2022 03:59

wtf? this is way off base. Bono and The Edge are non the D-Bags here.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 9, 2022 04:08

Spodlumt
Playing a duo acoustic set in Ukraine. So desperate. You care? Donate money. D-bags. Using human misery to sell downloads/tickets. Offensive. Maybe Ukraine offers tax breaks?

They were invited by Ukraine president Volodymyr Zelensky. Where in that are they "Using human misery to sell downloads/tickets"?

Your opinion is wrong.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 9, 2022 04:10

Haven't really liked U2 much since '82/'83, but hats off to them for showing support and unity after being personally invited by President Zelensky.

U2

"Throughout the intimate set, the U2 duo were joined on their makeshift stage by Ukrainian musicians thrust into military duty due to Russia’s invasion"

Not sure how or why anyone would want to condemn or criticize them for this noble gesture, but all I can say is good for U2. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-09 04:11 by Hairball.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: May 9, 2022 04:21

Spodlumt

U2 have a history of “politics” going back to the 80s, What they’re doing here isn’t new. Its par for the course with them, I didn’t pay attention to it for the last 40 years I won’t start now. They also were invited and really don’t need any reason to boost ticket sales, the gross from their tours is insane.

Prayers to those in Ukraine.

Re: OT - U2
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 9, 2022 04:33

A wee bit late with the self righteous indignation - U2 participated in Global Citizen's "Stand Up For Ukraine" a month go.

Oh, and Springsteen hasn't lived in California since the 90's.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: May 9, 2022 04:49

Who are we to judge someone else's charitable actions?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 9, 2022 05:24

jahisnotdead

Ask Spodlumt.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 9, 2022 07:00

GasLightStreet
jahisnotdead

Ask Spodlumt.

Also wondering what charitable actions Spodlumpt has participated in. He is quick to jump all over U2 so I am sure his charitable organization dwarfs One.

[www.one.org]

One may not like U2, Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, Taylor Swift, Bonnie Raitt and many other artists but they put their money up to support legitimate charitable causes.

Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: May 9, 2022 07:58

I wish the Stones would do the same.

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2055
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home