Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT Formula 1
Posted by: jmd ()
Date: May 9, 2022 21:14

crholmstrom
Bastion
crholmstrom
Bastion
crholmstrom
Good race today. Lots of competition in the field especially in the last third of the race.

Shouldn’t take a safety car to make a race exciting.

The safety car is part of the race. Ask Lewis Hamilton about the last race of last season. Also, the good racing wasn't just at the front of the pack. There were several good battles throughout the field.

I never said there wasn’t good throughout the pack?

I’m saying before the safety car it was easily going to be the one of the most boring races I’ve seen in the last 10 years or so

The previous race in Italy was pretty dull. winking smiley

45 overtakes in Miami vs. 13 in Imola…

My opinion: Good race, though obviously improved with safety car. Unfortunate that F1 TV director seemed obsessed with shots of crowd and celebs; missed a lot of midfield battles and action. An example: after the race all the stewards rulings re: Alonso, who was doing “Alonso things” in last few laps cutting chicanes and the like. Once Leclerc took his shot to pass Max and missed, the race was won; all the fun was the race for 9th and 10th…

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 9, 2022 21:57

DGA35
…Haha, most Indy and NASCAR races are at racetrack ovals but there are some courses that aren't ovals. Did you ever go to Molson Indy Toronto? …

A day in the baking sun, massive crowds, thunderous noise and exhaust stink? [Shudder] Nope. If I’m gonna do that, it’ll be in the Pit. Less stinky! grinning smiley

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 9, 2022 22:36

jmd
crholmstrom
Anyone else into F1 racing? I've been getting into it the last few years. The first Miami Grand Prix is tomorrow. They did a great job with the track. The race should awesome. Go Ferrari!>grinning smiley<

Thanks for starting this thread. I’ve become a huge F1 fan over last 10 years or so (along with wife and daughter); it’s been a retirement diversion. Have attended every race in Austin except for first one, along with x2 Montreal, x3 Melbourne (including 2020 COVID cancellation) and x1 Barcelona. Very enjoyable spectacle. Tend to root for everyone but Mercedes (though very respectful of Hamilton’s skill) and enjoy the midfield battles as much as the race for the podium. Big Kimi fan for years; loved his 2018 Austin win. Also partial to Riccardo as we met him at Allen’s Boots in Austin several years back; real nice guy.
You're quite welcome. I figured there would be at least some interest here.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 9, 2022 23:24

My favourite corner in F1 is this on the Spa circuit.
The car enters at 300 km/h and stay glued to the track during the S-shaped corner thanks to the car's downforce, causing 4-5G to the drivers.
It's so steep that the drivers don't actually see the track, but the sky, so they have to get the line and angle of entrance correct every singel lap of the race.
If they miss only once, they're out - and it's one of the worst places in F1 to lose control of your car. But it's also one of the best places for overtaking on the entire circuit.

Posted by: gustavobala ()
Date: May 10, 2022 18:04

not was a really cool race

but spain and monaco maybe will worst

ferrari may change his car, reb bull is faster than them

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 10, 2022 18:18

dmay
I was a ute (hello, Cousin Vinnie) when I got hooked on F1 racing. Stirling Moss and Jim Clark were my fave drivers. I watched every race I could. Haven't paid any real attention to it in years. The 24 hours of Le Mans was another watch for me. I was all go go go for Carroll Shelby and team Ford/Cobra if I am remembering correctly on back in the day. Ron Howard's movie "Rush" is a good take on the Hunt-Lauda F1 drivers rivalry. Not F1, but there is a movie with the late actor Steve McQueen about the 24 hour Le Mans race. There's also a movie titled "Grand Prix" with the late James Garner and Yves Montand which has footage of F1 drivers of the 1960s. Can't say much for this movie, but it's there. And, than, there's the bs of Ironman 2 at the Monaco grand prix, cinema wise.

(BTW, if you can find it in your local supermarket, there's a mix for Carroll Shelby Chili. Good as is, but throw in some Rotel with habaneros instead of tomato sauce, a splash of this spice, a splash of that, some sauteed onions, and, man, you got some good eatin' scoopin' it all up with tortilla chips. Black beans added to the mix goes well too.)

I watched Rush, and while I'd always known of Shelby, and a Mustang Shelby remains one of my dream cars, the movie really inspired me to look deeper. I think I like his Series 1 even better in all actuality. Will have to look up that Chili - the way you describe it above it's almost as if yeah it's there, but add all this to really make it something LOL Shelby sure was a visionary!!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 22, 2022 21:01

The Spanish Grand Prix was a good watch. Tough course & very competitive. Hamilton looks like he's getting back to form. It appears that Mercedes is finally getting things figured out regarding the new cars.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 22, 2022 22:07

The Tire Whisperer strikes again

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 22, 2022 22:08

De Banden Fluisteraar slaat weer toe

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1417
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home