Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Graham Nash stuff
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 4, 2022 17:52

Graham Nash on drugs&sex&rock'n'roll

Good read, IMHO, on his career and other.

[www.theguardian.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-10 19:49 by bv.

Re: OT: Graham Nash on drugs&sex&rock'n'roll
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 4, 2022 22:22

Good read. Thanks

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 5, 2022 01:08

yeah thanks great interview

love nash's music

but wow what a dick

even by mick jagger standards of dickishness

those comments about his kids are horrible

Posted by: kristian ()
Date: May 5, 2022 09:32

This MF must have used a lot too much substances during his pathetic "stardom".

Boasting about his "sex life" at 80!

I suspect good old Alois Alzheimer has gotten hold of Nash.

I prefer Nash, the car.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 5, 2022 10:44

I'll join the "facepalm" chorus!

He was the 4th wheel of Csny.
He didn't understand coke is a loser's drug till the mid-80's!?
And his comment about the current geostrategic situation is one for the ages!
Okay it feels good to be against the invasion of one country by another but where was he in 1991 or in 2003?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 5, 2022 11:10

An interesting read, perhaps. However, for me, it's now going to very much be a case of separating the man from the music. The comments about his children - his flesh and blood - are horrific. If this interview is in anyway representative of the truth, then they're far, far better-off without him.

Posted by: illyad1960 ()
Date: May 5, 2022 13:20

When one sounds like a fool and speaks like a fool, he probably is a fool

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 5, 2022 13:47

I've always admired his intensity, honesty and enthusiasm, but as Crosby remarked a few years ago when speaking about the members of CSNY, “We're all crazy. All of us.”

Here's Graham performing Stephen's "Love the One You're With" at an intimate show I attended last month in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-05 13:50 by tatters.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 5, 2022 15:27

ProfessorWolf

love nash's music

but wow what a dick

Family situations can be very difficult and painful.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 5, 2022 18:54

Its a good read, but its so funny that you read it and think "THIS was the level headed one of CSNY for all these years?!!" He always came off that way, at least to me, as the one holding it together, then you read this and realize they're perfect for each other, they're all nuts!

Listen, dude's a genius. He's a great archivist for the band and brings his own uniqueness to that group. His songs with them, solo and Hollies do make him legendary, he's just one of those guys that knows it and wants to tell you instead of letting it be said about you. And you hear his stories and think its funny to hear him rag on David for drugs, Stephen for drinking and Neil for whatever Neil's issues are when he's not far off.

Funny that of those 4, Neil seems like he was always the most grounded of the bunch. He's flighty, obviously, and he's had his drug issues, but he's always seemed in control and able to steer his own destiny. He's just doing Neil. The others all have vices that seem to lead them astray, but then miraculously are all still here at 80. I do kinda wanna see Graham but the article certainly paints a full picture of him lol.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 5, 2022 19:39

I'm kinda glad I saw Nash solo before I read this.
Well, then again, I saw Crosby after reading his first memoir.
Then there's Neil. So much has been written on him.
I wonder if Stills will ever write his autobio or do a solo tour.

Separate the music from the men, yes.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 5, 2022 21:32

angee
I wonder if Stills will ever write his autobio or do a solo tour.

Its definitely less frequent, but Stephen has done a few solo tours. 2007-08, 2010-11, 2014-15. And I think he just toured for a couple years with Judy Collins in 2017-18 where it seemed like a predominately Stills centric show. And then in between those solo years CSN was relatively active in the last 20 years before they broke up, so I'm glad with how often Stephen's been around. Within a year they all played solo at the City Winery near me in NYC.

Date: May 6, 2022 00:20

steffialicia
ProfessorWolf

love nash's music

but wow what a dick

Family situations can be very difficult and painful.

yes i understand that

but bad mouthing your kids to the press?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 6, 2022 00:42

I've always loved this tune from Graham featuring Neil on piano, Crosby on guitar, Jerry Garcia on pedal steel guitar, Phil Lesh on bass....

Date: May 6, 2022 00:47

Hairball
I've always loved this tune from Graham featuring Neil on piano, Crosby on guitar, Jerry Garcia on pedal steel guitar, Phil Lesh on bass....

really great song off a great album

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 6, 2022 01:00

Oh, yeah, I did hear about Stills touring with Judy Collins.
Thanks for all the info on him RollingFreak.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: May 6, 2022 01:15

Nash strikes me as a narcissistic self-congratulatory prick who still thinks it is 1970. And if all your children hate you, your "peace and love trip" is definitely a pile of BS. He should just shut up. And I am so sick of hearing about him and Joni. Wasn't that 50 plus years ago when Nixon was president?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 6, 2022 01:55

ProfessorWolf

love nash's music

but wow what a dick

Do you have something to back up your reference to Mick Jagger or are you just a dick head making nasty remarks in regard to Jagger? Like he is a bad father or something.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-06 01:57 by Doxa.

Date: May 6, 2022 02:19

Doxa
ProfessorWolf

love nash's music

but wow what a dick

Do you have something to back up your reference to Mick Jagger or are you just a dick head making nasty remarks in regard to Jagger? Like he is a bad father or something.

- Doxa

no no no

i'm not saying he's a bad father (though his treatment of karis and her mother is nothing to be proud of) in fact he's seems to be a pretty good dad

considering the disaster many rockstar kids turn out to be his all seem like fairly well adjusted people who still have a good relationship with him as do many of there mothers

which to me speaks volumes about his qualities as a father

but i think many of us (and keith & bill) will agree he's not always the nicest person to his bandmates

one might even say he can be kind of a dick (or a brenda)

but as of late not as bad as nash is in this article

and as for examples well i'm sure you've read all the books i have

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-06 02:26 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: May 6, 2022 03:56

ProfessorWolf
yeah thanks great interview . . .

but wow what a dick

thumbs up

OT: Graham Nash
Posted by: Crackinup ()
Date: September 21, 2018 18:16

I had the good fortune to catch Graham Nash in concert last night at a very small venue, maybe 200 people. Watching this music legend perform just a few feet away from me was almost unbelievable. It was sad/amusing that some of the young club employees knew he was some famous guy, but didn't really know much about him. I had to educate then that this guy was onstage at the original Woodstock.

It was a wonderful, somewhat laid back performance as we went through about two dozen songs from his long career, telling stories about the origins of songs such as Immigration Man and Our House. I don't think the original CSN harmonies can be replicated by anyone else, but his two fellow musicians did a fantastic job and Graham can still sing the high harmony. They also did an amazing job of re-creating the outro to the Beatles 'A Day in the Life' with just two guitars and a keyboard.

Graham reminded me of Steve Winwood in the way that he is so unassuming and does not feel the need to remind people of his greatness. Despite the various issues with his former bandmates, he had nothing but nice words for all of them and sang some of their compositions. He was clearly having a good time and just enjoys the music and being able to play his songs for people. He just started a North American leg of the tour, so catch him if you the chance. I had to drive over an hour in rainy weather to get to the venue, but I'm so glad I did. Like many of these legends, you never know if there will be another opportunity.

Re: OT: Graham Nash
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 21, 2018 18:26

i'd sure go if he played around here, in NC. I love small shows like you describe, especially when its a veteran performer like Nash.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 21, 2018 18:29

Talk about coincidence! A friend of a friend was there last night as well. smiling smiley Some pics and short videos can be seen here: [www.gringsmemorabilia.com.br]

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 21, 2018 18:39

thanks, Christiano, good to see this

smiling smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 21, 2018 18:40

My pleasure, duke! smileys with beer

Date: September 21, 2018 18:45

Thanks for the review. thumbs up
I have tickets to see him with my wife at the Lobero Theater in Santa Barbara on Oct. 9th - right near the front!
He's always been a class act, and his musical history goes WAY back. Great singer, great songwriter, great photographer, etc., etc., etc.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 21, 2018 19:53

Hairball
Thanks for the review. thumbs up
I have tickets to see him with my wife at the Lobero Theater in Santa Barbara on Oct. 9th - right near the front!
He's always been a class act, and his musical history goes WAY back. Great singer, great songwriter, great photographer, etc., etc., etc.

Agreed. Enjoy the concert.
You do wonder why Keith can't (or won't) do these small gigs also,
I mean Nash is hardly a Solo performer.
And Keith has plenty of non Stones time!!

Date: September 21, 2018 20:09

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: September 21, 2018 20:11

Songs For Beginners is such a strong album. By himself he did a record as good as anything by CSN/Y.

Looking back at their solo discs, it's too bad for Crosby and Stills that they couldn't check their egos and keep CSNY as an ongoing recording unit in the early 70's. If you were to combine the best of Crosby's record and the first two Stills discs, and then add cuts from Songs For Beginners....that album would be a monster!

Date: September 21, 2018 20:27

loog droog
Songs For Beginners is such a strong album. By himself he did a record as good as anything by CSN/Y.

Looking back at their solo discs, it's too bad for Crosby and Stills that they couldn't check their egos and keep CSNY as an ongoing recording unit in the early 70's. If you were to combine the best of Crosby's record and the first two Stills discs, and then add cuts from Songs For Beginners....that album would be a monster!

I think the 1st stills album is the best solo album of the first solo albums by the CSNY guys

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1523
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home