Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 21 of 26
Re: Rehearsals for the SIXTY Tour Europe 2022
Posted by: Domonkos ()
Date: May 29, 2022 20:28

2 old blues songs, only Mick on harp and vocals and Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-30 01:05 by Domonkos.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: May 29, 2022 20:29

Tumbling Dice. 1st song
Bitch nice guitars. Low horn.
She’s so Cold. Several, now many, restarts. Guitar work.

Like A Rolling Stone. Awesome MJ harp/vocals

Monkey Man
Shattered

Use C. Key discussion on stage
Neighbors. Rough.

T&A Keith she my Little Rock and Roll
Restarts rough politically correct-little T&F

Slipping Away no problems with this one

Hot Stuff
Sympathy. Whoo Whoos KR spot on
Sweet Virginia plus extra piano work
Ruby Tuesday
Mother’s Little Helper
Mother’s Little Helper again from top nailed opening this time

Give Me Shelter. Sasha
Cross Cross Man

Midnight Rambler notes but nope. Robert Johnson? Unknown blues. Morphed to a B&L. Maybe Mick having fun w harp. Not at all like yesterday’s unknown bits. Neither a finished song.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 29, 2022 20:30

slewan
Topi
slewan
Topi
Dan
slewan
as I already mentioned yesterday: I fear that I don't have tickets for enough shows to hear all those great songs they are rehearsing…

I fear they won't play most of the songs they are rehearsing

I think that most the songs that make it this far (dress rehearsals on the stadium stage just before opening night) will get air time at some point.

I wanna say that was the case in 2017, 2018 and 2019 at least. Was there a song performed at those dress rehearsals that never actually made it to a show setlist at any point?

yes – in Dublin 2018 they rehearsed but not performed in any show in 2018. So of these songs appeared in the song vote but didn't make it.
- Hate To See You Go
- Dancing With Mr. D
- Monkey Man
- Angie
- Far Away Eyes
- Doom & Gloom

OK, right, thanks. Was it 2018 or 2017 where Just My Imagination also figured among the vote choices but was never played?

yes, I think it was Arnhem or Paris. But there were quite a lot songs from Some Girls in the song votes but they never won (except for 'Faraway Eyes', which won the vote once, I think)

Yes, and Beast of Burden won at some point, I believe in 2019 it was.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: May 29, 2022 20:30

piscatorFL
Topi
slewan
Topi
Dan
slewan
as I already mentioned yesterday: I fear that I don't have tickets for enough shows to hear all those great songs they are rehearsing…

I think that most the songs that make it this far (dress rehearsals on the stadium stage just before opening night) will get air time at some point.

I wanna say that was the case in 2017, 2018 and 2019 at least. Was there a song performed at those dress rehearsals that never actually made it to a show setlist at any point?

yes – in Dublin 2018 they rehearsed but not performed in any show in 2018. So of these songs appeared in the song vote but didn't make it.
- Hate To See You Go
- Dancing With Mr. D
- Monkey Man
- Angie
- Far Away Eyes
- Doom & Gloom

OK, right, thanks. Was it 2018 or 2017 where Just My Imagination also figured among the vote choices but was never played?

2017 (99% sure) In Copenhagen it was a vote, but it became heartbreaker

The same with if you can't rock me in 2013 (hyde park etc...). Never played since 2003 sad smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 29, 2022 20:31

slewan
Topi
slewan
Topi
Dan
slewan

- Hate To See You Go
- Dancing With Mr. D
- Monkey Man
- Angie
- Far Away Eyes
- Doom & Gloom

yes, I think it was Arnhem or Paris. But there were quite a lot songs from Some Girls in the song votes but they never won (except for 'Faraway Eyes', which won the vote once, I think)

here's an overview I did in/for 2018 => [iorr.org]

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 29, 2022 21:15

MisterDDDD
mariano
smileys with beer
Topi
They are totally planning to do Mother's Little Helper with all these takes.

smileys with beer

+ 1 thumbs up
This is so exciting, looks like the Stones are really up for this tour, like Keith said, if he doesn't do this he doesn't get out of the house, Rock on guyssmileys with beer

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 29, 2022 21:28

Many thanks for the reports 2120Joe and Domonokos.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 29, 2022 21:58

Damn. Mother’s Little Helper or UMT would be epic as openers.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 29, 2022 22:27

Along with the warhorses, Hot Stuff, Mother’s Little Helper, and Criss Cross should be in every setlist, as should Bitch, Monkey Man, and Ruby Tuesday.

Hopefully Keith rehearses Happy, and they play it at least several times during this upcoming mini-tour.
And hopefully Ghost Town remains...the one and only recent tune in the set. Everything else is decades old.
And surely they'll continue to play Midnight Rambler?

While Like A Rolling Stone is no doubt a monumental Dylan anthem, the Stones' versions are always monotonous and generic imo, though it does get the crowd to participate in a sing-along (yawn).

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 30, 2022 01:58

2120Joe
Tumbling Dice. 1st song
Bitch nice guitars. Low horn.
She’s so Cold. Several, now many, restarts. Guitar work.

Like A Rolling Stone. Awesome MJ harp/vocals

Monkey Man
Shattered

Use C. Key discussion on stage
Neighbors. Rough.

T&A Keith she my Little Rock and Roll
Restarts rough politically correct-little T&F

Slipping Away no problems with this one

Hot Stuff
Sympathy. Whoo Whoos KR spot on
Sweet Virginia plus extra piano work
Ruby Tuesday
Mother’s Little Helper
Mother’s Little Helper again from top nailed opening this time

Give Me Shelter. Sasha
Cross Cross Man

Midnight Rambler notes but nope. Robert Johnson? Unknown blues. Morphed to a B&L. Maybe Mick having fun w harp. Not at all like yesterday’s unknown bits. Neither a finished song.

so how did criss cross sound today compared to yesterday?

interesting that they've rehearsed it two days in a row if there not seriously considering playing it

or at least making it one of those song vote choices that has not a chance in hell of winning like harlem shuffle

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-30 01:59 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: May 30, 2022 03:10

Dan
slewan

Naivety belongs to the excitement of the moment. I am quite gloomy when it comes to chances of hearing "Out Of Time" at this tour. There is not even a snippet of it so far.

Date: May 30, 2022 05:20

so anyone find or take any clips they can share?

love to hear what hot stuff sounds like

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 30, 2022 07:34

Jesus

We all know the deal: they'll play a few oldies, as in truly, from back in the day, and after show 3 it's back to the regularly scheduled program of warhorses with a few oddities.

Their last release was Living In A Ghost Town. It would be fantastic if they continue on with that.

It really is too bad they haven't released a new single for the tour. But the idiot sales of HONK need to go up somehow so. HOT ROCKS will climb once again.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: May 30, 2022 08:55

The same procedure as for every tour.

I like live performances of "Coming Down Again"; "Citadel","Till The Next Goodbeye", "Doncha Bother Me", "Winter", "Time Waits For No One","Slave",
"Dandelion", "I Don't know Why(Metamorphosis),"Plundred My Soul".

I were happy if they play only one of them.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: May 30, 2022 09:07

GasLightStreet
Jesus

We all know the deal: they'll play a few oldies, as in truly, from back in the day, and after show 3 it's back to the regularly scheduled program of warhorses with a few oddities.

Their last release was Living In A Ghost Town. It would be fantastic if they continue on with that.

It really is too bad they haven't released a new single for the tour. But the idiot sales of HONK need to go up somehow so. HOT ROCKS will climb once again.

You're so right thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-30 09:08 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: May 30, 2022 09:14

I was sure they would release a new single before the tour. And it would have been a smart move as well as a nice gift to the fans.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: May 30, 2022 09:50

slewan
NilsHolgersson
jumpingjackflash5
Martin90
Is Mother's Little Helper one of the biggest surprises in years?
Hope they play it in Madrid and not only on a rehearsal.

I also hope they will play it, always liked this song.

Maybe they'll open the show with "What a drag it is getting old"

I don't think Jagger has that kind of humor. Beside that: Opening with a song that is not very well known amongst casual fans won't work well in a stadium

If you watch the video of Mother’s Little Helper you can see shots of the video screen. Jagger is wearing a hat, sunglasses, and playing guitar (acoustic I assume). (His hands never raise into the screen while he sings and he has the posture like when he is playing guitar in front of the mic)

Pretty doubtful they would open a stadium show with Jagger being limited in his movement to bring the entire crowd in.

I can totally see this as the first part of the setlist “rarity” slot. A pause in playing while Jagger gets his guitar on, then some sort of “here’s a country number we haven’t done in a very long time. We’re going to give this a try…”

Posted by: JivinSisterFanny ()
Date: May 30, 2022 10:19

This overview is fantastic. How did you get the percentages from the vote?

Date: May 30, 2022 10:20

I hope there is room for rarities/suprises in the second part of the show. Makes it a lot more fun for me knowing there will be 2 or 3 non warhorses in the second half.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 30, 2022 10:55

Blues with a feeling snippet

[twitter.com]

Date: May 30, 2022 11:06

Lien
Blues with a feeling snippet

[twitter.com]

so cool!grinning smiley

thanks lien

mick's harp sounds great

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-30 11:10 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 30, 2022 12:32

Great rehearsals last night, lasting for more than two hours.

At the end of the day, we got Criss Cross, then two blues songs with basically Mick on vocals + harmonica, and drums, Steve Jordan.

The first blues song was like the intro of Midnight Rambler, lots of harmonica, also a bit like You Gotta Move, but it was really "Blues With A Feeling" a Little Walter blues. It lasted approx five minutes, just great long slow blues.

The second blues song was as fast as possible, it lasted just over two minutes. It could have been an up tempo Blue And Lonesome song, but I am not sure. The lyrics included "I got the blues" ... "the moon is rising and the sun is going down". It's probably the fastest blues I have heard, sounded great.

Sure the second blues song was "I Gotta Go", the Little Walter song from Blue and Lonesome. Their album version is 3:26. The live version at the stadium last night was much much faster, Steve Jordan just drive it as fast as it could have been many be 2 and a half minute at the most. It was may be even faster than the Little Walter version I found here, see link below. I wonder if it was the drums or Mick who drove up the speed... Anyway, it worked great!

[www.youtube.com]

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-30 13:30 by bv.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: May 30, 2022 12:38

Will they run through the set today?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 30, 2022 12:44

That would be "I Gotta Go"

Date: May 30, 2022 12:44

bv

At the end of the day, we got Criss Cross, then two blues songs with basically Mick on vocals + harmonica, and drums, Steve Jordan.

The first blues song was like the intro of Midnight Rambler, lots of harmonica, also a bit like You Gotta Move, but it was really "Blues With A Feeling" a Little Walter blues. It lasted approx five minutes, just great long slow blues.

The second blues song was as fast as possible, it lasted just over two minutes. It could have been an up tempo Blue And Lonesome song, but I am not sure. The lyrics included "I got the blues" ... "the moon is rising and the sun is going down". It's probably the fastest blues I have heard, sounded great.

thank for the report bv

sounds like you enjoyed yourself

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 30, 2022 12:45

Nikkei

Yes .. I thought so too

[youtu.be]

Date: May 30, 2022 12:47

Nikkei

it would indeed be

be cool if the have a blues slot at each show with a different song each night

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-30 12:48 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: May 30, 2022 12:52

bv

From the lyrics "the moon is rising and the sun is going down" sounds like I Gotta Go from the Blue and Lonesome album.

Date: May 30, 2022 13:31

I just added this to my original comment above:

Sure the second blues song was "I Gotta Go", the Little Walter song from Blue and Lonesome. Their album version is 3:26. The live version at the stadium last night was much much faster, Steve Jordan just drive it as fast as it could have been many be 2 and a half minute at the most. It was may be even faster than the Little Walter version I found here, see link below. I wonder if it was the drums or Mick who drove up the speed... Anyway, it worked great!

[www.youtube.com]

Bjornulf

Date: May 30, 2022 13:40

There was a big celebration here in Madrid yesterday evening, as Real Madrid arrived back from the Champions League win in Paris the day before, and drove in an an open double decker bus with horse riders and police motorcycles up the Paseo de la Castellana, taking them to Estadio Santiago Bernabeu. I guess the Stones must have known this would lead to traffic chaos, returning from their rehearsals last night.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 21 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1909
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home