Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 24 of 26
Re: Rehearsals for the SIXTY Tour Europe 2022
Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 30, 2022 20:45

Out Of Time would be my favorite for them to play. But I doubt they will do it. It's too difficult to pull off live. If they play it, it will be in London.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 30, 2022 20:46

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Lets be honest. We are dissappointed

oh yes, we are… But on the other hand – did we really expect them doing a setlist featuring five or even more rare songs/songs that are not greatest hits? They are not Bob Dylan…

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: May 30, 2022 20:57

Thanks to veryone reporting.
I like the set and the very promising rehearsals, we might get a few nice selections this tour...

Date: May 30, 2022 20:59

Domonkos
DiegoGlimmerStones
Thank you 2120Joe and Domonkos thumbs up

Cheers!! smileys with beer

smileys with beer

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 30, 2022 21:08

Hey now! A pessimist is never disappointed!

(Old Finnish proverb)

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: May 30, 2022 21:09

I am a little disappointed they are sticking with the no filter tour setlist. But thanks so much for reporting!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-30 21:17 by Stonesfan2146.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 30, 2022 21:13

Thanks for the reports, 2120Joe and Domonkos!

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: May 30, 2022 21:29

Disapointed i think is a really cruel word to name a setlist from a band who are accomplishing 60 years on the road, i want to see all those critics playing at the age of 75/78 years...

The stage, yes, ugly, fortunately they had all the better stage designs by 1989-2012 but now the brain of the design company and approver (Charlie) of those projects are in heaven.

Please enjoy the celebration as you can, by a stadium ticket or via social media/iorr.org

... but i like it!

Posted by: Domonkos ()
Date: May 30, 2022 21:36

You’re welcome guys, I hope we can manage all the beers you will buy for the hard working crew at the preparty spinning smiley sticking its tongue out just kiddin’…. We can. Joke again. No drinking smiley

Out of Time was pretty much ready, not a guitar heavy song, if you know what I mean.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 30, 2022 21:53

They might alternate the oldies Out of Time with Mothers Little Helper from one show to the next.
Would actually be nice if the played both at every single show, but chances are each will only be played a couple of times each and then replaced with something more "crowd friendly".
And Sad, Sad, Sad...a sad choice when there are hundreds of better tunes from their 60 year catalogue, and dozens of better from the latter era...Love is Strong...Saint of Me...or even something from A Bigger Bang...

Glad to see Midnight Rambler remain in the setlist, and happy to see Keith rehearsing Happy. thumbs up

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 30, 2022 21:53

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Lets be honest. We are dissappointed

Unless you are talking about Sad Sad Sad, I am not sure what anyone was expecting?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 30, 2022 21:59

Hairball
They might alternate the oldies Out of Time with Mothers Little Helper from one show to the next.

Yep, that's what I've been thinking, well, hoping, too.

Date: May 30, 2022 22:08

I also was expecting a fresher setlist, particularly in the song order. But on the other hand I think it's a good idea that they repeat the same style as last fall, with them rehearsing it a bit more some of the songs will sound even better on this tour, this time it will be something more refined and developed. The truth is that I really want to see how the tour is going to develop through the time. Also I don't think this is going to be the last tour, I'm sure they'll experiment a bit later winking smiley And of course they will alternate some songs and they will have surprises for us throughout the tour. I'm sure it will be great. Let's celebrate! #StonesSixty

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: May 30, 2022 22:10

Thanks for the thanks. It’s nice to contribute. I often enjoy the input from the musicians, historians and other fans here.

There were 19 songs today. I’m hoping that they will add a song or two from the first two days of stadium rehearsals to the set list come Wednesday. Maybe no reason to rehearse today what they just did yesterday. That happened in Chicago 2019. Maybe not. Either way I’ll take whatever The Rolling Stones give. Enjoy the tour!

Date: May 30, 2022 22:15

Can't wait for this Wednesday!!!! let's have a good one hot smiley

Date: May 30, 2022 22:31

2120Joe
Thanks for the thanks. It’s nice to contribute. I often enjoy the input from the musicians, historians and other fans here.

There were 19 songs today. I’m hoping that they will add a song or two from the first two days of stadium rehearsals to the set list come Wednesday. Maybe no reason to rehearse today what they just did yesterday. That happened in Chicago 2019. Maybe not. Either way I’ll take whatever The Rolling Stones give. Enjoy the tour!
Thanks Joe, its been great to follow rehearsals thanks to you

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 30, 2022 22:32

me thinks that this is no set list to be disappointed
except if one has lived in another planet for the last 20 years and has never heard mick talking about what he thinks fit for the stones live
actually ver adventorous by their standards if it happens with an all time premiere and 3 songs from 1989 on

Posted by: lickskeith ()
Date: May 30, 2022 22:45

Lets see everything before judging..
Question for Joe...
Did you hear any intro/ Pyro etc...?
Was it a straightthrough setlist?
Thanks for all the reports .cant wait!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 30, 2022 22:54

I am expecting this sixties thing to be the plan all along. It became apparent with 19th NB last year that they have a chance there to tap a new type of authenticity. What Jordan lacks in familiarity with the presentation of the warhorse run, he can make up by pounding them forward with that unrelenting sixties singles beat. It's a like it or not thing but they got a direction there.

Date: May 30, 2022 23:06

triceratops
Out Of Time would be my favorite for them to play. But I doubt they will do it. It's too difficult to pull off live. If they play it, it will be in London.

Difficult?

Posted by: alexander paul ()
Date: May 30, 2022 23:15

Out of time had been done years ago by Tina Turner, as a great crowd pleaser. Why cannot do the Stones it even better?

[www.youtube.com]

Did not Elvis Costello play it not that long ago in his live shows?

Posted by: EggersBand ()
Date: May 30, 2022 23:18

Yes Elvis costello plays a fantastic version live -

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: May 30, 2022 23:21

DandelionPowderman
triceratops

Difficult?

It's easy, very simple stuff on the guitar for Keith and Ronnie

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 30, 2022 23:25

Excellent set list. They've never played Out of Time, that is gigantic and some of the other cuts rarely played as well. They are almost 80, going on tour for their 60th and still throwing in a few new gems.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 31, 2022 00:18

happy with the setlist but would have liked to have had mothers little helper

however given how much they've rehearsed it i'd be surprised if they didn't play it at some point

i could see them swapping it in and out with 19th from show to show

also hope keith keeps experimenting with his set like last year

be nice to have little t&a or can't be seen taking the place that connection had last year

but i know that he still has to do happy or hairball will be miserablewinking smiley

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: May 31, 2022 00:55

There must have been excellent alternatives to the punk songs from Some Girls among all the albums from the comeback era, albums like Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge, Bridges To Babylon and A Bigger Bang.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 31, 2022 02:30

I don’t see the fan vote song rehearsed at all??

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 31, 2022 02:38

VoodooLounge13

Perhaps they'll rehearse tomorrow? Just guessing.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 31, 2022 02:54

VoodooLounge13

Beast Of Burden

[vote.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: May 31, 2022 04:56

Dan
VoodooLounge13

Beast Of Burden

[vote.rollingstones.com]

Hey Dan. The reason he stated that is that yesterday the vote for Madrid was put up and the choices were Wild Horses, Angie, Ruby Tuesday and Fool To Cry. I did a screen capture of it. I’ve never seen this before where they change a list after it’s already been posted and receiving votes.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 24 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2047
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home