Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 26
Re: Rehearsals for the SIXTY Tour Europe 2022
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 18, 2022 10:24

Topi
Thanks, Doxa, I had no idea. I think I found it (or at least some of it, a "Lista" episode including a reportage on the concert) in the YLE Areena archives. [areena.yle.fi]

Yeah, that's the one - those small but very well filmed clips bring so much good memories of that lightful summer evening when the sun refused to go down easily... But I am afraid that the Yle Areena works only for Finnish market.

- Doxa

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 18, 2022 10:36

Doxa
Topi
Thanks, Doxa, I had no idea. I think I found it (or at least some of it, a "Lista" episode including a reportage on the concert) in the YLE Areena archives. [areena.yle.fi]

Yeah, that's the one - those small but very well filmed clips bring so much good memories of that lightful summer evening when the sun refused to go down easily... But I am afraid that the Yle Areena works only for Finnish market.

- Doxa

Yes, that is true - I think there may be a workaround if you use a VPN to set your IP address to Finland. That way the clips could work, not sure.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: May 18, 2022 11:55

What happened to Mick's hair?

rogerriffin

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 18, 2022 12:23

dead.flowers
What happened to Mick's hair?

rogerriffin
Don't worry, touring hair will come, as always.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 18, 2022 12:24

There was i thinking his hair looks great, tour hair.

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: May 18, 2022 12:32

Here's a link which worked for me: [yle.fi]

Scroll down a bit to the right clip. Wasn't able to look at the clip from the links above.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: May 18, 2022 13:41

Micks hair looks like his touring hair from 2014

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: May 18, 2022 14:12

Mick's new hairstyle resembles Brian's old hairdo.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: May 18, 2022 14:57

Doxa
StonedRambler
IsakSun
Not Fade Away was a perfect opening number.
I think the great thing about Not Fade Away as an opener was not the song itself but rather how it set the tension for Tumbling Dice to totally smash as a second song.

This! Still recall at my very first Stones concert ever, Helsinki '95, how hypnotic "Dice" sounded like. Not that "Not Fade Away" was not wonderful itself too, it surely was, but it was like a 'foreplay' song, the band hitting the stage, building up the atmosphere and excitment with a not-so-typical song, but then all of that fully exploded in "Dice" - the latter offering the essential Stones groove at its very best. Like a showcase of 'this is what it is'. It could be that that still is my biggest individual Stones live song experience ever - finally realizing how amazing and 'present right now' those classic songs sound like played live by the greatest rock and roll band in the world. It was like losing a virginity.

Actually I just a while ago discovered that the version of "Tumbling Dice" was filmed and released by Finnish television back then (and could be found from their online archives). It was not just my subjective thrill clouding my judgment - it was a hot version indeed.

- Doxa

Exactly the same here! I remember first time I saw them at Wembley Stadium. Not Fade Away sort of passed me by perhaps because I was in awe at finally seeing my heroes. And then when Tumbling Dice started I realised I was actually seeing the Stones and it hit me. That's such a great memory.

Date: May 18, 2022 15:17

IsakSun
Here's a link which worked for me: [yle.fi]

Scroll down a bit to the right clip. Wasn't able to look at the clip from the links above.
Thanks for posting! Always great to hear see good quality pro-shots

Date: May 18, 2022 15:25

Doxa
StonedRambler
IsakSun
I think the great thing about Not Fade Away as an opener was not the song itself but rather how it set the tension for Tumbling Dice to totally smash as a second song.

This! Still recall at my very first Stones concert ever, Helsinki '95, how hypnotic "Dice" sounded like. Not that "Not Fade Away" was not wonderful itself too, it surely was, but it was like a 'foreplay' song, the band hitting the stage, building up the atmosphere and excitment with a not-so-typical song, but then all of that fully exploded in "Dice" - the latter offering the essential Stones groove at its very best. Like a showcase of 'this is what it is'. It could be that that still is my biggest individual Stones live song experience ever - finally realizing how amazing and 'present right now' those classic songs sound like played live by the greatest rock and roll band in the world. It was like losing a virginity.

Actually I just a while ago discovered that the version of "Tumbling Dice" was filmed and released by Finnish television back then (and could be found from their online archives). It was not just my subjective thrill clouding my judgment - it was a hot version indeed.

- Doxa
Had exactly the same experience. After that the setlist continues to be super clever and thought out - playing You Got Me Rocking, which has a much faster tempo, directly after the medium tempo Dice lets it seem super energetic and exciting which it might not have been if they played a faster one before it. Ending the first block with Satisfaction is just as smart - after jumpin around on that one everyone was exhausted and ready for the ballad set.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: May 18, 2022 15:43

Any ideas what they have played
This week.???

Date: May 18, 2022 16:03

kkhoranstoned
This week.???
A source told me they played Start Me Up, JJF, Satisfaction and Gimme Shelter

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 18, 2022 18:15

StonedRambler
kkhoranstoned
This week.???

Are those new songs?

Posted by: luthor ()
Date: May 18, 2022 20:33

can someone post this great tv show from Finland from 1995 full 15 min on youtube ...or has it already been done ???

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 18, 2022 21:45

Can't wait to find out all the songs they rehearsed, but not so much all the songs they rehearsed but won't end up playing.
Maybe some day they'll release a special live rehearsal series...some of the best rarities/obscurities they never ended up playing at an actual show.

dead.flowers
Mick's new hairstyle resembles Brian's old hairdo.

It's a bit bulky looking...almost like a helmet, but I guess Brians hair style also resembled a helmet c.'65, though his was more of a natural, younger, and tidy helmet look.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 18, 2022 21:52

StonedRambler
Doxa
StonedRambler
IsakSun

- Doxa
Had exactly the same experience. After that the setlist continues to be super clever and thought out - playing You Got Me Rocking, which has a much faster tempo, directly after the medium tempo Dice lets it seem super energetic and exciting which it might not have been if they played a faster one before it. Ending the first block with Satisfaction is just as smart - after jumpin around on that one everyone was exhausted and ready for the ballad set.

TUMBLING DICE always good to have on a setlist. It always works. The Stones themselves must think that too. I love this song to death. Rarely seen a show without it.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 18, 2022 22:42

StonedRambler
kkhoranstoned
This week.???
And Keith should rehearse the opening riffs very carefully. No "Scarf ME Up" again please.

Date: May 18, 2022 22:45

MAF
StonedRambler
kkhoranstoned
This week.???
And Keith should rehearse the opening riffs very carefully. No "Scarf ME Up" again please.
I think he did quite well with the opening riffs last tour.

Date: May 18, 2022 22:49

Christiaan
TUMBLING DICE always good to have on a setlist. It always works. The Stones themselves must think that too. I love this song to death. Rarely seen a show without it.
Same. Love it to death too. I could do without Satisfaction, Paint it Black, Gimme Shelter, It's Only Rock n Roll and other warhorses but if they didn't play Dice I'd be really disappointed. Same with JJF.
But I always think the third song position doesn't do it justice, they should rather safe it for the home run.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 18, 2022 22:51

StonedRambler
MAF
StonedRambler
kkhoranstoned
This week.???
Yep!

Date: May 19, 2022 12:46

MAF
StonedRambler
MAF
StonedRambler
kkhoranstoned
This week.???
Yep!

thumbs up Scarf me up was 9 years ago, Keith has been doing awesome opening riffs in recent years.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 19, 2022 12:58

Didn't he mess one up last year ? I do remember the "Scarf Me Up" saga was discussed again at one point.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 19, 2022 13:36

you do know that all that's ever been wrong with history can be explained by people hanging on to a phrase like "scarf me up" when it's been proven beyond reasonable doubt that no scarf ever started a song on the wrong fret or played any note at all for that matter. everyone who knows the phrase also knows that it's bullshit

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 19, 2022 13:39

flub it once - overwhelmed by crowd
flub it twice - shits and giggles

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: May 19, 2022 13:40

StonedRambler
kkhoranstoned
This week.???

Well that's a surprise!! Four time-honoured warhorses - just in case anyone was worried that any fresh, new, terrifyingly unfamiliar material might be included on this tour.

Saints preserve us from anything likely to puzzle the assembled throng of 'every three years' concert goers, obsessed with the usual Stones hits and classic rock radio heavy-rotation numbers...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 19, 2022 14:10

gotdablouse

Didn't he mess one up last year ?

SMU-Intro in Edinburgh 2018 came close to 'Scarf Me Up' - [iorr.org] .

Date: May 19, 2022 18:52

Nikkei
flub it once - overwhelmed by crowd
flub it twice - shits and giggles

Did you get the impression Scarf Me Up 2 was out of bloody mindedness >grinning smiley<

Date: May 19, 2022 19:06

Nikkei
you do know that all that's ever been wrong with history can be explained by people hanging on to a phrase like "scarf me up" when it's been proven beyond reasonable doubt that no scarf ever started a song on the wrong fret or played any note at all for that matter. everyone who knows the phrase also knows that it's bullshit
Yeah, has nothing at all to do with a scarf. If a scarf does anything then dampen the strings so they wont vibrate.

Date: May 19, 2022 19:12

Irix
gotdablouse

Didn't he mess one up last year ?

SMU-Intro in Edinburgh 2018 came close to 'Scarf Me Up' - [iorr.org] .

Haha that was a classic smoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1932
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home