Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Rolling Stones LEGO Art - June 1st
Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: May 28, 2022 23:52

ribbelchips
A flat tongue that looks like it was cut out by a four year old? Was that really the best they could do? The logo itself is nice, but the black background is ugly as F.

The dark side of the tongue :

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-28 23:58 by Massimo68.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 23, 2022 19:22

Saw this completed at Matt's museum.. knew then I had to grab one.. for my daughter..
Love it when she gets Stones gifts we can enjoy together winking smiley

Lego has a contest for Stones themed displays.. prizes pictured.
Curious as to what the "Rolling Stones - Goodies" box has in it, and if it will be made available.
[ideas.lego.com]

A few contest entries..

[ideas.lego.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-23 19:25 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 25, 2022 22:35

And the winner is...........

Lego Stones Contest

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 29, 2022 01:57

Received the Lego Stones art last week. Oef! I didn't expect the box to be this big! How big is this item, I thought it would be very small.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 29, 2022 02:47

VoodooLounge13
And the winner is...........

Lego Stones Contest

She's A Rainbow... nicely done!

Lego Stones Tounge
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: August 5, 2022 21:21

We are all big kids!

[www.lego.com]

Re: Lego Stones Tounge
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 5, 2022 21:40

There's a thread - [iorr.org] .

Re: Lego Stones Tounge
Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: August 5, 2022 23:21

Just today I went and checked if it was cheaper to buy all the parts on the secondary market and build the tongue myself. Sadly some of the parts are impossible to get so I am gonna wait until the price drops.
I actually thought about aplying all the parts on a bigger black background plate hoping that it would look even nicer.

Date: September 27, 2022 19:47

Just wondering, for those who have purchased the Lego tongue, did it have all of the pieces, or were some missing? There have been many complaints online about pieces missing and being backordered when trying to get them from Lego. I've never had an incident where I was missing any pieces from a Lego set, and that would be very disheartening if their quality has slipped after all these years!!!

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: September 27, 2022 20:08

My brothers family just gave this to me for my upcoming 60th Bday!
Got my work cut out for me.
Have to decide if I want to build it with the "60" or just the original?

Date: September 27, 2022 21:50

I plan on making mine with the 60 when I finally buy it. that's a bit more original and describes why Lego made the set in the first place!! grinning smiley

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: December 22, 2022 19:55

€ 89,99 at Amazon.de

[t.co]

Date: December 22, 2022 21:26

I got it for my birthday and am building it right now. I like the design and I strongly recommend to listen to the hour-long podcast on the tongue with the designer and the lego designers talking about it. Quite interesting.

Date: December 23, 2022 04:26

Lien
€ 89,99 at Amazon.de

[t.co]

Well that didn’t last long dammit!!!

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: December 23, 2022 10:59

VoodooLounge13
Lien
€ 89,99 at Amazon.de

[t.co]

It's still in stock, I have just ordered one smoking smiley

Thanks to Lien for the hint! At a 40% discount I could no longer resist... ;-)

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: December 23, 2022 12:40

About 10 pieces are left over. Why?

Date: December 23, 2022 14:34

Tornandfrayed
VoodooLounge13
Lien
€ 89,99 at Amazon.de

[t.co]

It's still in stock, I have just ordered one smoking smiley

Thanks to Lien for the hint! At a 40% discount I could no longer resist... ;-)

In stock, yes, but not at that price. With the conversion, it's about the same as anywhere else. This set is something that I desperately want for both my Stones and Lego collections (I still get a small set each Christmas from my folks, even at the age of 46!!!), but I really don't want to pay more than $125, all in.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 23, 2022 16:30

VoodooLounge13

In stock, yes, but not at that price.

Still € 89.99 - [www.Amazon.de] , [www.OTTO.de] , [www.Toys-for-Fun.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-23 22:55 by Irix.

Date: December 23, 2022 17:30

Irix
VoodooLounge13

Still € 89.99 - [www.Amazon.de] , [www.OTTO.de] .

When I click on that Amazon link it doesn't come up as that price. OTTO does, but looks like they only ship to Europe.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: December 23, 2022 17:47

VoodooLounge13
Irix
VoodooLounge13

Still € 89.99 - [www.Amazon.de] , [www.OTTO.de] .

When I click on that Amazon link it doesn't come up as that price. OTTO does, but looks like they only ship to Europe.

For me it's still 89€ but I really don't need this....

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: December 23, 2022 22:33

Toru A

Spares. I had an equivalent number from The Beatles Lego things I did a few years back.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: December 23, 2022 22:39

CaptainCorella
Toru A

Spares. I had an equivalent number from The Beatles Lego things I did a few years back.

If you have the Beatles LEGO, you can make Keith too !

[www.r-bloggers.com]

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 26, 2022 02:18

I saw this at Barnes and Noble the other day and was thinking of getting it for my granddaughter Binkey for Christmas but it was $150 so I passed.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-26 02:19 by timbernardis.

Date: December 26, 2022 03:43

CaptainCorella
Toru A

I checked the PDF manual that I downloaded from Lego's web site with my eyes open to see if there was something I had forgotten to stick, but I couldn't figure it out.
Thank you for your input.thumbs up

Date: December 26, 2022 04:25

there's always a few extra pieces in Lego sets. It's even started happening with the little collectable mini-figs.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: December 26, 2022 06:00

Toru A
CaptainCorella
Toru A

I checked the PDF manual that I downloaded from Lego's web site with my eyes open to see if there was something I had forgotten to stick, but I couldn't figure it out.

I knew there was a big unexplained box under the tree from our daughter.. and it turned out to be a Lego Stones tongue. So I'm well pleased (and part way through making it.)

But returning to the question of 'bits left over'..

I have the inverse view to many. As I assemble the model, with its 1998 pieces in I don't know how many different shapes, surely it has to be thought of as astonishing that the packets contain so many different bits, and that so few mistakes actually happen.

How the ******* do they assemble the packets and then the boxes? What sort of machine loads the packets, and how on earth do they check the contents?

Aside: Some people moan that Lego is expensive, and that all it is is bits of plastic. Remember folk we're not really paying much for the bits of plastic but we're really paying for the machine tools and the moulding presses that ensure astonishing accuracy of pieces. You can guarantee that a Lego bit bought today will fit onto a piece bought in the 1950's. I find that truly impressive.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: December 26, 2022 08:01

CaptainCorella
Toru A
CaptainCorella
Toru A

I knew there was a big unexplained box under the tree from our daughter.. and it turned out to be a Lego Stones tongue. So I'm well pleased (and part way through making it.)

But returning to the question of 'bits left over'..

I have the inverse view to many. As I assemble the model, with its 1998 pieces in I don't know how many different shapes, surely it has to be thought of as astonishing that the packets contain so many different bits, and that so few mistakes actually happen.

How the ******* do they assemble the packets and then the boxes? What sort of machine loads the packets, and how on earth do they check the contents?

Aside: Some people moan that Lego is expensive, and that all it is is bits of plastic. Remember folk we're not really paying much for the bits of plastic but we're really paying for the machine tools and the moulding presses that ensure astonishing accuracy of pieces. You can guarantee that a Lego bit bought today will fit onto a piece bought in the 1950's. I find that truly impressive.

I have heard from my friend, who was the CEO of the toy maker, that as Lego molds are key technique and are not allowed out of the gate, Lego has to bury their molds in the ground forever.

By the way, mine was a birthday present from my wife.smiling smiley

Date: December 26, 2022 08:02

I, like, many have been playing with Legos since I was a toddler. That’s 40 some odd years and still collecting and playing with them. I learned a long time ago that a ‘good buy’ for Legos was anything less than $10 for every 100 pieces. I don’t recall where I unearthed this theory but I’ve used it for as long as I can remember and even taught it to my kids, and my boys still look to the price and piece count first on any set to determine if it’s a good deal or overpriced. For the Stones tongue with 1998 pieces, that would equate to a price of $200. So since it’s ‘only’ $149, it’s already a good deal. For me, I’m just trying to improve upon that some!!!

Date: December 26, 2022 12:59

CaptainCorella
Some people moan that Lego is expensive, and that all it is is bits of plastic. Remember folk we're not really paying much for the bits of plastic but we're really paying for the machine tools and the moulding presses that ensure astonishing accuracy of pieces. You can guarantee that a Lego bit bought today will fit onto a piece bought in the 1950's. I find that truly impressive.

My son is now using a huge box of Lego that my parents bought for me (already used back then) 40 years ago. So the bricks are at least 50 years and counting. Unfortunately the Lego plastic bricks will never really rot but if we keep on recycling them we should do ok.

I love the lego tongue - up on the wall now. Really cool design. You have a different relation to that piece when you build it yourself!

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: December 26, 2022 20:48

Toru A
CaptainCorella
Toru A

My problem is different. I have some left over pieces from the "1st part" but now I'm missing a few pieces from part 2 and I can't continue....

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1744
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home