Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Rolling Stones LEGO Art - June 1st, 2022
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 2, 2022 22:45

LEGO Art The Rolling Stones (31206) Revealed

May 2, 2022 / Allen Tran

German retailer Taschengelddieb has revealed a new LEGO Art set with The Rolling Stones (31206). The set has 1,998 pieces and doesn’t use the traditional style of Art sets that uses the square layouts but instead looks to have a 3D look to it.

[www.thebrickfan.com]

--

Taschengelddieb lists a release date of June 1

[taschengelddieb.de]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-26 13:25 by bv.

Re: Rolling Stones Lego Art - June 1st
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 2, 2022 23:20

my ten year old self would have loved this

Re: Rolling Stones Lego Art - June 1st, 2022
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: May 3, 2022 00:01

In english.

[www.brickfanatics.com]

A must for any serious collector IMHO. (I just hope that LEGO cleared the copyright on this....)

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-26 13:24 by bv.

Re: Rolling Stones LEGO Art - June 1st
Date: May 3, 2022 21:15

THE LEGO GROUP AND THE ROLLING STONES BAND TOGETHER FOR ONE VERY SATISFYING SET

To commemorate the band’s 60th anniversary, the new LEGO® Art the Rolling Stones set invites adults to dive into their passion for the iconic music by building the famous tongue logo.

Billund, May 3rd, 2022: Today, the LEGO Group brings a rock ‘n’ roll image to life in brick form. The bright red lips and tongue known worldwide as the logo for the Rolling Stones will thrill adult fans looking to combine their passion for the band’s music and LEGO® bricks.

The logo, first seen on the Stones’ Sticky Fingers album 50 years ago, is a 1,998-piece tribute to their 60 years as one of the most legendary rock bands of all time. It is the first organically shaped set from LEGO Art and fans will be delighted to know that the LEGO designers included a hidden surprise.

While assembling the bold, colourful lips that measure over 22 in. (57 cm) high and 18.5 in. (47 cm) wide, fans can enjoy an accompanying soundtrack with almost an hour of tailor-made content, including an exclusive interview with John Pasche, the graphic designer who created the tongue logo for the Rolling Stones back in 1970.

“Who would have believed, 50 odd years ago… that design would be made into a LEGO piece. Wow!” says John, after seeing the LEGO Art set for the first time.

“Since the tongue logo is one of the most recognized logos, our biggest challenge was to figure out how we could get the LEGO Art design as close to the original as possible. Previous sets have been created with 1x1 round LEGO tiles as a mosaic, but this time, in the spirit of being more Rock ‘n’ Roll, we have used the full spectrum of LEGO bricks to capture the organic curves that John created. Hearing his reaction to our final design makes me so happy!” says Fiorella Groves, Design Manager at the LEGO Group.

The LEGO Art the Rolling Stones set will be available from June 1st from LEGO.com and all LEGO retailers.

[www.lego.com]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 4, 2022 16:43

As a life-long Lego fanatic, this is the ultimate dream come true!!

Posted by: Chitown23 ()
Date: May 4, 2022 17:15

This Lego-maniac is excited for this!

Now this is just tacky
Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: May 6, 2022 14:39

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Charlie's gone and they are releasing Lego toys. I give up..

Re: Now this is just tacky
Date: May 6, 2022 14:45

Why is that "tacky"?

More here: [iorr.org]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 6, 2022 14:48

The Stones has been a business for decades now. Like many other pop and rock acts. Charlie's passing doesn't change that. Why should it?

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: May 6, 2022 15:01

I'm pretty sure the Fisher Price Little People set was commissioned while Charlie was still here. I don't really think his passing has anything to do with it.

I'm just amazed there are still no Stones Funko Pops!!!

Date: May 6, 2022 15:07

What has Charlie to do with this ?

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: May 6, 2022 15:34

In fact I thought of buying one. Guess I'm tacky as hell

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 6, 2022 16:25

Whale
In fact I thought of buying one. Guess I'm tacky as hell

Ditto. It’s just THEIR trademarked logo after all. Money for Charlie’s estate.

Rod

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: May 6, 2022 17:04

As a Lego Kid and a Stones Guy i'm cool with the 60 configuration, the full lip recreation, to be honest, not so much.

But I'll probably purchase it

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 6, 2022 19:09

As I’d imagine so many here did, I grew up with Lego. I remember being obsessed with the pirates series in the late 80’s - early 90’s.

It’s a nice little product.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 7, 2022 07:53

I love Lego (and have several sets associated with bands I like), and depending on price will probably spring for this one, too.

I love the chair in the pic even more, though. smiling smiley

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: May 7, 2022 08:33

I will definitely be ordering this along with the Super Deluxe Model shown in the picture too.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 7, 2022 19:35

Waiting for the Ernie Cefalu Lego version

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 7, 2022 19:38

Into the loo goes the Lego logo... let go

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: May 7, 2022 20:06

Spodlumt
[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Charlie's gone and they are releasing Lego toys. I give up..

So what. What does that have anything to do with it. You must be fun at a party…

If you don't need it, your kids or grandkids do need it....
Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: May 13, 2022 08:34

available June 1st
[www.stonewars.de]

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: May 13, 2022 11:06

Compared to other recent Lego sets like the Nintendo NES console, Star Wars and Harry Potter stuff, tis is a bit dissapointing to me. A flat tongue that looks like it was cut out by a four year old? Was that really the best they could do? The logo itself is nice, but the black background is ugly as F.

A classic stage (Voodoo Lounge or Bridges to Babylon) with Stones Lego figurines or a 3d logo would have been great. I'm nog buying this.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: May 13, 2022 13:10

ribbelchips
Compared to other recent Lego sets like the Nintendo NES console, Star Wars and Harry Potter stuff, tis is a bit dissapointing to me. A flat tongue that looks like it was cut out by a four year old? Was that really the best they could do? The logo itself is nice, but the black background is ugly as F.

A classic stage (Voodoo Lounge or Bridges to Babylon) with Stones Lego figurines or a 3d logo would have been great. I'm nog buying this.

Agreed. Far more thought was obviously put into this Beatles offering from Lego..
[www.lego.com]

I love the idea of a Rolling Stones Stage Lego set - 1989 Steel Wheels with scale versions of Ruby & Angie!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: May 13, 2022 13:20

CaptainCorella

Agreed. Far more thought was obviously put into this Beatles offering from Lego..
[www.lego.com]

I love the idea of a Rolling Stones Stage Lego set - 1989 Steel Wheels with scale versions of Ruby & Angie!

Yep, that Yellow Sub model is intricate.....over 500 pieces!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 13, 2022 18:01

Was one of the first things my boys complained about - the lack of mini figures of the band!!

Date: May 16, 2022 17:52

LEGO Art 31206: The Rolling Stones – You can’t always get what you want, but this might be what you need [Review]

Chris Doyle
May 16, 2022

The LEGO Group provided The Brothers Brick with an early copy of this set for review. Providing TBB with products for review guarantees neither coverage nor positive reviews.

[www.brothers-brick.com]

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 16, 2022 22:08

VoodooLounge13
As a life-long Lego fanatic, this is the ultimate dream come true!!

I just wonder if there is a way to replace some bricks on the edge to make it more round. I want to hang it on my office wall.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 16, 2022 22:20

Groovy...60 Tongue as an option spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 16, 2022 22:35

schwonek

I just wonder if there is a way to replace some bricks on the edge to make it more round.

A 3D-Printer (in a FabLab) could print some rounder bricks ....

Posted by: UGK56 ()
Date: May 25, 2022 15:37

My "Lips and Tongue" logo arrived today.
Unfortunately, the QR code for the custom-built soundtrack doesn't work (yet). There is only general Lego advertising.
At first glance, the 220 pages of assembly instructions give the impression that this is rocket science.
But let's see.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1114
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home