Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RIP Naomi Judd
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 30, 2022 23:35

Naomi Judd, Matriarch of the Judds, Dies at 76

By Chris Willman
April 30, 2022

CMT Music Awards - Nashville April 11. 2022/Christopher Polk

[variety.com]

--

Carrie Underwood, Maren Morris & More React to Naomi Judd’s Death: ‘Country Music Lost a True Legend’

"Sing with the angels, Naomi!!!" Carrie Underwood wrote on Twitter, where a number of country stars posted tributes to Naomi Judd.

By Ashley Iasimone
April 30, 2022

[www.billboard.com]

--

'My heart is broken': Wynonna Judd speaks about mother Naomi's passing at induction ceremony

The mother-daughter duo's Country Music Hall of Fame speech revealed how Naomi Judd's last moments- were spent

By Marcus K. Dowling
May 1, 2022

[www.tennessean.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-02 15:00 by bye bye johnny.

Re: RIP Naomi Judd
Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: April 30, 2022 23:55

Help is available

Speak with someone today

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

Hours: Available 24 hours. Languages: English, Spanish.

1-800-273-8255

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 1, 2022 00:24

Very sad...RIP

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 1, 2022 00:36

Very sad news to hear...

RIP Naomi Judd

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 1, 2022 00:45

Can't say I liked it all, but she and Wynonna sure made some great music. RIP, Miss Naomi.

RIP Naomi Judd
Date: May 1, 2022 01:39

The Judds cover of Dire Straits' "Water Of Love", with Mark Knopfler on guitar. My favorite by a country mile.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 1, 2022 05:36

R.I.P.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 1, 2022 16:48

RIP

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 1, 2022 22:15

Rip

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 2, 2022 00:38

Very sad. I like all their stuff, its nostalgic for me.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 2, 2022 13:43

R.I.P. , such a sweet voice !

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 3, 2022 02:18

Sad to hear. Great voice, beautiful lady. I loved her sass.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 3, 2022 08:50

I was in Nashville when this news broke, and there were some beautiful tributes outside the Country Music Hall of Fame.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 5, 2022 00:58

Rest In Peace Naomi! I wonder if daughter Ashley ever played/sang with them?

Date: May 11, 2022 21:57

Naomi Judd’s Public Memorial Service Will Air Live on CMT From Ryman Auditorium

By Chris Willman
May 11, 2022

Derrek Kupish

A public memorial service for Naomi Judd has been set for this Sunday evening at Nashville’s Ryman Auditorium, with CMT airing it live and commercial-free at 6 p.m. ET/3 PT.

The lineup of participating artists who will perform or otherwise pay tribute will be announced in the days leading up to the event, with organizers for now promising “some of the biggest names in entertainment” will have a part in saying goodbye to the singer, who died April 30.

Naomi’s daughters, Wynonna and Ashley Judd, are participating in the program, which is being co-produced by CMT and Sandbox Live. The show’s executive producers are Margaret Comeaux and Leslie Fram of CMT, Jason Owen of Sandbox Live and Patrizia DiMaria of Ladypants Productions.

Said the CMT producers in a joint statement, “We are sincerely privileged to work alongside Wynonna and Ashley to present this live celebration of life for their mother Naomi. While we all continue to deeply mourn the loss of such a legendary artist, we are honored to commemorate her legacy alongside the country community, her friends, family and legions of fans across the world at the perfect venue: The Mother Church of Country Music. This special will celebrate her timeless voice, unforgettable spirit and the immense impact she left on our genre through the best form of healing we have — music.”

[variety.com]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 12, 2022 23:40

I'm kinda a curiously morbid person, so I must say...I do wonder what sort of firearm she used.

Date: May 13, 2022 00:21

VoodooLonge13, I usually don't respond to such posts, but you went over the line of decency and good taste. This is someone's mother you're talking about. Have a little class .... and sympathy.

Date: May 13, 2022 00:26

Before anyone asks/accuses, I am about as far away from "woke" culture as anyone can get.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 13, 2022 01:51

VoodooLounge13
I'm kinda a curiously morbid person, so I must say...I do wonder what sort of firearm she used.

What the hell is wrong with you? You’re sick

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: May 13, 2022 02:13

More Hot Rocks
VoodooLounge13

What the hell is wrong with you? You’re sick

I can't believe a read that. Sick is right.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 13, 2022 18:11

I meant no disrespect at all. As someone who has struggled with depression most of my life, and attempted suicide more than once, and even methodically worked it out down to the very last detail - as to the steps, way of doing it, how to be found, etc. - people's self-destruction has always intrigued me. If not for a coworker staying late one night some 21 years ago for reasons she herself couldn't understand, as it meant she'd be stuck in traffic that she dreaded, I wouldn't be here typing this message right now. She stayed late, quite literally, to save my life that night, and I have been eternally grateful ever since, as I knew I could not be alone that night. Obviously a shotgun is far worse than a pistol. Those that hang themselves suffer a miserable final few minutes. There aren't many pleasant ways to go about it. Or to even die in general really. I could never use a gun, or hang myself, or jump to my death - an equally torturous ending, as those final moments spent waiting for the collision with the ground or water, that free fall stomach feeling the whole time, combined with the final thoughts (perhaps regret at having jumped?). I ponder it all far more than I'd like to admit.

I am not of the majority mindset that suicide is a copout, or the cowardly thing to do. Quite the opposite really. The mind's will to live and survive is incredible, and for a person - anyone - to overcome that will and convince his/her self that they need to die is an unbelievably difficult task. For anyone who has never found themselves in the depths of despair enough to risk taking their own life and watched him/her self from above, as if in slow motion as the details and minutes play out and tick by, I don't expect you to be able to relate to what I'm trying to say.

I work very hard to keep my demons in check. It's not always easy, but I do what I can, and what I need to, to stay positive and try and maintain my inner peace and happiness.

Life Is Good.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home