Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bill Wyman Ghosted On Rolling Stones Store Site
Posted by: CrosseyedHeart ()
Date: April 29, 2022 23:12

I noticed that in all the pictures on the Rolling Stones Store site that can be used to make your own tour t-shirt Bill Wyman is cut out of the picture. They are from 1971 up to the last tour. It’s very obvious. Even Mick Taylor is in one photo. I remember they did the same thing on the cover of ‘Rarities’-Bill was airbrushed out of the original photo. It’s like they have erased him from their history and want to make it appear as if there were always four members of the band. Any thoughts on this? Would they have to pay him to use his image and don’t want to do that?

Re: Bill Wyman Ghosted On Rolling Stones Store Site
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 29, 2022 23:19

CrosseyedHeart
I noticed that in all the pictures on the Rolling Stones Store site that can be used to make your own tour t-shirt Bill Wyman is cut out of the picture. They are from 1971 up to the last tour. It’s very obvious. Even Mick Taylor is in one photo. I remember they did the same thing on the cover of ‘Rarities’-Bill was airbrushed out of the original photo. It’s like they have erased him from their history and want to make it appear as if there were always four members of the band. Any thoughts on this? Would they have to pay him to use his image and don’t want to do that?

Seems kind of petty. If Bill wanted to retire & enjoy life, more power to him. Also, he provided the guitar amp when the band was starting! I've read he didn't like to fly. I worked on airplanes for over 12 years & I totally can understand that. I used to not mind it until I worked in aerospace haha. Now, I'd do it if necessary but don't enjoy it at all.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 29, 2022 23:22

Disgraceful, disgusting, and insulting to not only Bill, but the fans as well.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 29, 2022 23:31

Well we actually don't know what the reason is here.

I can't imagine the Stones are doing this out of 'pettiness', but it would be pathetic if it were.

Perhaps it's part of the contract with Bill's departure, that they're not to use his likeness for marketing new releases?

Date: April 30, 2022 00:05

He's there smiling smiley

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 30, 2022 00:34

treaclefingers
Well we actually don't know what the reason is here.

I can't imagine the Stones are doing this out of 'pettiness', but it would be pathetic if it were.

Perhaps it's part of the contract with Bill's departure, that they're not to use his likeness for marketing new releases?

this always seems more likely to me then some elaborate conspiracy to wipe him from the history of the band

although i take it there's no love lost between mick and bill

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 30, 2022 00:50

Maybe Bill dont wanna be seen with them ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: April 30, 2022 00:57

I’m pretty sure as part of his departure it was agreed not to use his likeness in new products, unless he’s paid a fee in which case I’m sure the others would rather not use his picture and keep the cash for themselves. Wouldn’t surprise me.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 30, 2022 01:04

tomcat2006
I’m pretty sure as part of his departure it was agreed not to use his likeness in new products, unless he’s paid a fee in which case I’m sure the others would rather not use his picture and keep the cash for themselves. Wouldn’t surprise me.

i think we have a winner!grinning smiley

Date: April 30, 2022 01:45

tomcat2006

If so he could cash in on the Stones In Exile-dvd I posted above.

Are there other releases than Rarities where he was photoshopped out, btw? Seems more like a prank to me smiling smiley

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 30, 2022 02:02

they must've changed that recently, there was one pic with Bill in it, I had it in my cart for a bit but never bought it.. also a couple new ones there from when they first put this up it looks like.. they don't give you many song choices tho

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: April 30, 2022 07:05

I don’t think it’s out of evil will.
Way more likely it’s Bill’s own choice and for contractual reasons.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 30, 2022 07:57

they have lawyers, he has lawyers and most likely they negotiated a deal…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-30 08:55 by slewan.

Date: April 30, 2022 08:33

Yeah thats probably it ....
no big deal... It is what it is ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: April 30, 2022 11:56

I tend to believe that this is Bill Wyman's request or part of a deal.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 30, 2022 13:46

slewan
they have lawyers, he has lawyers and most likely they negotiated a deal…

Send Lawyers Guns and Money

Rod

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 30, 2022 13:49

Rockman

Well, for someone here that seems to be a big deal...

I only start to worry about when they start erasing Bill's bass parts from the original recordings...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-30 13:50 by Doxa.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 30, 2022 14:44

To make sense of the possible deal here, let's make a following thought experiment.

Had Jagger left the band during the 80's, and for some reason the Stones had been able to continue contractually, and had replaced Mick with, say, Roger Daltrey or Terence d'Arby (like Keith proposed at the time). Okay, one doesn't need much power of imagination to know what would have had happened to that band commercially. But despite of that they just continued. And some day, like in reality, they started releasing all kind of nostalgia stuff from the times when Mick - now a well-doing solo artist on his own - was still in them. What would we think of Mick thinking of them now making money out of t-shirts, album covers, commercials having his face on them? I guess (a very big) money might settle that, if Jagger would not think in principle that 'no hell anyone will sell their products for their own benefit by using my face'.

Surely Bill is no Mick in the sense being such a big face of the band, but as far as knowing his own (many times under-estimated) value and what's happening in his bank accounts, and having too many bad incidents and experience there to make one feel bitter (like his books show), I think Bill would not that easily to be once again 'used' by his old band for their own benefit now. As far as money goes, Bill and Mick are made of same stubborn material. And Bill's a proud man.

And as easily I could see the band rejecting Bill's demands for compensation: 'forget it, Bill, you are not that important. Our products will sell the same, having your face there or not. Just a little aesthetic detail only some die-hard fans will notice'.

My suggestion is that it is all about money. The result looks stupid, though. Imagewise the Stones are losers there.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-30 14:56 by Doxa.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: April 30, 2022 15:43

IMO not a huge deal. I think the amount of people that even notice is minuscule compared to those who purchase.
Making more out of it than is there.
Though knowing Bill I’d guess he demands $ for any use of that face by anyone.

My money says it’s strictly a financial decision. Nothing more and to that again I say who cares? It’s not like there’s a ground swell of fans with media support screaming for Bills face on their latest tshirt…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-30 15:45 by chevysales.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 30, 2022 16:10

you know you got a 60th anniversary coming up when everyone is just tired about everything

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: April 30, 2022 18:28

DandelionPowderman
He's there smiling smiley

Yes, but Wyman participated in this release. He was specially interviewed for it.
Different case than, say, “Live At Marquee, 1971” or some other archival release he did not participate in.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 30, 2022 19:22

Doxa
Rockman

I only start to worry about when they start erasing Bill's bass parts from the original recordings...

- Doxa

LOL

Posted by: JivinSisterFanny ()
Date: May 1, 2022 09:07

Date: May 1, 2022 10:03

ROCKMAN

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 1, 2022 10:41

I don't know why people always have to bring up this topic again and again... I've been on this forum for many, many years and at least once per month someone has to open a topic about this. Bill Wyman has left like thirty years ago and whatever they negotiated when he quit, it is what it is now. Get over it.

Date: May 1, 2022 12:26

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-01 12:28 by Rockman.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 1, 2022 12:33

Not ghosted on the latest MW winking smiley

HMN

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: May 2, 2022 02:27

Un brush Bill

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 2, 2022 07:20

Doxa
Rockman

- Doxa

There you go. When they replace Bill on Miss You with Mick Jagger on bass.....worry.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 2, 2022 13:43

Hairball
Disgraceful, disgusting, and insulting to not only Bill, but the fans as well.
+1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1771
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home