Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Live on The Joe Loss Pop Show April 10th 1964 (Full Show)
Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: April 27, 2022 12:21

Hi,

this is new to me, hope for you too..
[www.youtube.com]
Not Fade Away, Hi-Heel Sneakers, Little By Little, I Just Want To Make Love To You, I'm Moving On

Re: Live on The Joe Loss Pop Show April 10th 1964 (Full Show)
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 27, 2022 23:23

Wow. Thank you. That's good audio too. Love the early Stones. They sure gelled quickly.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 27, 2022 23:41

thanks

anyone have any photos from this show?

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: April 27, 2022 23:47

thumbs up Thanks !

HMN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 28, 2022 00:04

What a band ..... Owes so much
to Mick's sexually dragged vocals ....

Nuffin else like it ... no jelly babies here ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: April 28, 2022 00:29

This material is not from On Air official release?

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 28, 2022 00:52

rogerriffin
This material is not from On Air official release?

Only "Little By Little" and "I'm Movin On" from 10th April 1964 are on the 2CD version I have.

I really can't recall if there was a super-de-luxe-grab-the-money edition that had more.

It's well worth stressing that the quality of these recordings is unusually good.

The YouTube poster also added this yesterday " I will be posting more radio Stones soon".

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: April 28, 2022 01:12

yes, in fact, the super-de-luxe-grab-the-money edition contains all the youtube upload set

Date: April 28, 2022 01:32

rogerriffin
yes, in fact, the super-de-luxe-grab-the-money edition contains all the youtube upload set

Are you sure about that?

According to Amazon (OK! not perfect) this is the super-de-luxe-grab-the-money edition [www.amazon.com] and that's the same as the 2CD version I have and not all these Jo Loss tracks are on it.

Happy to be shown a better super-de-luxe-grab-the-money edition!!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: April 28, 2022 04:38

Date: April 28, 2022 04:47

rogerriffin

The YouTube upload contains (or claims to contain) the "Full Show". Said to be "Not Fade Away, Hi-Heel Sneakers, Little By Little, I Just Want To Make Love To You, I'm Moving On" Assume that's right.

The CD illustrated - the same as mine - only has two of those 10th April 1964 tracks. "I'm Movin On" and "Little By Little"

So the official release (illustrated) omits "Not Fade Away, Hi-Heel Sneakers, I Just Want To Make Love To You"

So is there a super duper bonus super-de-luxe-grab-the-money platinum limited edition that has the missing tracks, because as far as I can see the one shown (which I have) does NOT contain the youtube upload set as stated by rogerriffin..

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-28 04:51 by CaptainCorella.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 28, 2022 07:18

This is really good. I look forward to more uploads. Could the ‘On Air’ release have been a missed opportunity? I remember being quite disappointed by it; especially the overall sound-quality. I thought the Beatles’ two BBC sets were put together far more thoughtfully.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 28, 2022 10:27

Big Al
This is really good. I look forward to more uploads. Could the ‘On Air’ release have been a missed opportunity? I remember being quite disappointed by it; especially the overall sound-quality. I thought the Beatles’ two BBC sets were put together far more thoughtfully.

The Beatles appear to have been recorded better. Which is strange, since it was all the same, correct? Same engineers, equipment, etc? I was happy with how they were able to tweak the early Stones material with modern technology. There was a lot more bass than some of the early releases has.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: April 28, 2022 10:54

...splendid recording....just at the time of first album...( great ”little by little”)

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: April 28, 2022 11:10

Great post! Thank you very much!
I emefiatly downloaded the audio.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 28, 2022 11:15

24FPS

The Beatles appear to have been recorded better. Which is strange, since it was all the same, correct? Same engineers, equipment, etc? I was happy with how they were able to tweak the early Stones material with modern technology. There was a lot more bass than some of the early releases has.

Yes, it would've been the same, certainly. They appeared on the same programmes: Saturday Club, Top Gear, and so forth. I do agree that there is some marked improvement over the well-know 'Beat Beat Beat at the BEEB' bootleg, and yet, On Air still seems somewhat tossed-off to me; almost like a budget release; an afterthought.

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: April 28, 2022 11:20

I have often wondered what happened to the planned 'On Air' DVD that was mentioned in the original press release. It was claimed that an album, a book and a DVD was to be released, but we only ever got the album and book!
Probably would have contained stuff like this!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 28, 2022 14:57

Barkerboy2
I have often wondered what happened to the planned 'On Air' DVD that was mentioned in the original press release. It was claimed that an album, a book and a DVD was to be released, but we only ever got the album and book!
Probably would have contained stuff like this!

It was announced last year that it would be available via streaming on Coda Collection, but after that there's no news about it.

Date: April 28, 2022 15:10

24FPS
Big Al

If you listen to the Camden 1964-segment from On Air (it was also released with GRRR earlier), the recording and mix is absolutely fabulous.

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: April 28, 2022 15:41

Original: [www.youtube.com]

"A live recording, from the radio in 1964, of The Rolling Stones on the Joe Loss show.(U.K) using a Grundig T.K 14 reel to reel tape recorder......songs...Not Fade Away, High Heel Sneekers, Little By Little, Just Wanna Make Love To You and Movin On..."

Date: April 29, 2022 02:58

werther2003
Original: [www.youtube.com]

"A live recording, from the radio in 1964, of The Rolling Stones on the Joe Loss show.(U.K) using a Grundig T.K 14 reel to reel tape recorder......songs...Not Fade Away, High Heel Sneekers, Little By Little, Just Wanna Make Love To You and Movin On..."

VERY GOOD CALL.

This YouTube user really does appear to be the originator of these recordings. The comments long predate the comments on the other copy.

I simply do not understand why people steal stuff in this manner when it's so likely to be found out.

User artfrob has to be congratulated on her/his recordings.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: April 29, 2022 14:08

Is there a possibility to get this via WeTransfer?
Thank's in advance

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1693
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home