Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - saving grace/robert plant
Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: April 27, 2022 12:01

Had the pleasure of seeing this show yesterday eve in Halifax.
Mix of traditional music, 60s covers reimagined (Moby grape, Donovan) and more
Great harmonies from plant and suzi Dian
This was a v small venue and a reasonable 35 quid a ticket - v low key, no merch, no streaming, no releases just Robert and friends enjoying themselves
Highly recommended (and not to be confused with saving grace the New Zealand Christian heavy metal band)

[www.setlist.fm]

Re: OT - saving grace/robert plant
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 27, 2022 12:54

yorkshirestone
Had the pleasure of seeing this show yesterday eve in Halifax.
Mix of traditional music, 60s covers reimagined (Moby grape, Donovan) and more
Great harmonies from plant and suzi Dian
This was a v small venue and a reasonable 35 quid a ticket - v low key, no merch, no streaming, no releases just Robert and friends enjoying themselves
Highly recommended (and not to be confused with saving grace the New Zealand Christian heavy metal band)

[www.setlist.fm]

Nice! I love how Robert follows his muse & not the money. He's playing here (Seattle) with Allison Krauss. Unfortunately, it's very expensive so I'm probably not going this time.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: April 27, 2022 14:59

Saw them twice last year and greatly enjoyed the shows. Love what Robert is doing now, he is going his way and not “following the masses”. There was joy I felt from the stage, the music he dearly loves to play. A band of joy indeed.

Tonight Robert & Co. will perform at The Plaza in Stockport, a very traditional English music hall type of a venue, like many of the other dates of the tour. I like the choice of the quirky, intimate places to play — that resonates with his current music style.

The airship flew away, the singer doesn’t remain the same.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-28 04:42 by RisingStone.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 28, 2022 19:58

Robert is fabulous...saw him at a 3000 seater in Vancouver several years ago during the Band of Joy tour, which was as well a fabulous album.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 28, 2022 21:39

I agree with all of the above comments... Robert Plant is brilliant these days. And has been for quite some time. His body of solo work is excellent and diverse.

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: April 29, 2022 05:33

Robert Plant and Allison Krause are opening for The Eagles on Sunday, the 26th, at Hyde Park, the night after The Stones.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 29, 2022 17:38

When I first read this headline, I expected to open the forum and see that Plant had covered the Tom Petty song... confused smiley

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: August 17, 2023 01:14

New UK tour, continuing off the beaten track venues, bigger ones than last year but well worth seeing - pretty reasonable price, best seats 65 quid or so

[www.stereoboard.com]

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: August 17, 2023 01:22

I was at that Halifax cocert. Excellent show .Where abouts in Yorkshire do you live .

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 17, 2023 02:15

treaclefingers
Robert is fabulous...saw him at a 3000 seater in Vancouver several years ago during the Band of Joy tour, which was as well a fabulous album.

Only time I saw him was the Plant/Page tour back in 95 at the Pacific Coliseum. When I saw this thread and it said he was playing Halifax, I was thinking Nova Scotia!

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: August 17, 2023 02:52

Funny. Just the other day was having a discussion with some folks regarding Plant and Allison Krauss. What a great duo. Noted how Plant is a fellow traveler in terms of looking at new sounds, stuff removed for the most part from the LZ catalogue, though he does do LZ stuff in shows. Got us all wondering what Jimmy Page is up to these days since you never hear of any new sounds from him. It made me think maybe he, if able to still play guitar well, shouldn't explore session work again to bring himself into new musical styles and firing up his muse. It's what I realized some time ago regarding what Plant has done - followed his muse and made music as he sees fit. Right up there with Neil and Bob.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 17, 2023 04:00

DGA35
treaclefingers

Only time I saw him was the Plant/Page tour back in 95 at the Pacific Coliseum. When I saw this thread and it said he was playing Halifax, I was thinking Nova Scotia!

Ha! Coincidentally I'm watching a UK program called Happy Valley which is filmed in Halifax (UK).

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 17, 2023 04:08

dmay
Funny. Just the other day was having a discussion with some folks regarding Plant and Allison Krauss. What a great duo. Noted how Plant is a fellow traveler in terms of looking at new sounds, stuff removed for the most part from the LZ catalogue, though he does do LZ stuff in shows. Got us all wondering what Jimmy Page is up to these days since you never hear of any new sounds from him. It made me think maybe he, if able to still play guitar well, shouldn't explore session work again to bring himself into new musical styles and firing up his muse. It's what I realized some time ago regarding what Plant has done - followed his muse and made music as he sees fit. Right up there with Neil and Bob.

I think Jimmy Page is all talk now unfortunately. I too wish we had seen some new sounds from him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1743
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home