Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: EXTENDED Disco Remix - MISS YOU, the best one ever
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 27, 2022 04:10

Rockman
Still love it .. whatever version....
When it hit the whole world walked in tune to it .....

It really is a great song, in a class of it own.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 27, 2022 06:04

ryanpow
Rockman
Still love it .. whatever version....
When it hit the whole world walked in tune to it .....

It really is a great song, in a class of it own.

I even love how they tried to copy themselves with Emotional Rescue, and came up with something totally unique.

Emotional Rescue is to Miss You, as Get Off My Cloud is to Satisfaction.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 27, 2022 06:48

This live studio recording, which is the LP take, reveals that just a little bit of editing was done for the "remix".

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: April 27, 2022 12:28

Some Girls is really Mick’s album.He wrote all the songs on side one except J use My Imagination plus Respectable and I believe Far Away Eyes.He then co -wrote the remaining 3songs.Miss You shows what a great writer he is

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-27 13:29 by Taylor1.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 27, 2022 21:48

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 27, 2022 23:03

Date: April 27, 2022 23:29

SomeTorontoGirl

That photo is from WAY BEFORE he wrote the song.

I think that's around the time of "Let's Spend Some Time Together".

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 28, 2022 00:03

treaclefingers
SomeTorontoGirl

when i ask her to spend the night together and she says maybe next week cause i'm on a losing streak

Date: April 28, 2022 04:04

ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
SomeTorontoGirl

when i ask her to spend the night together and she says maybe next week cause i'm on a losing streak

I know a lotta Puerto Rican girls like that. Especially the ones from Zuma Beach.

They start off all like, "dyin', ta meecha!", and then it dies off pretty fast.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: April 28, 2022 16:40

As brilliant as "Miss You" was originally it's become the hit the restroom/buy another beer/break song in concert in recent years. It just plods and seeing Ron and Keith "taking a break," seated on the drum riser is irksome especially given the cost of tickets. They should be tearing the p-ss out of "Miss You" but these days it's filler.

Date: April 28, 2022 18:30

rbk
As brilliant as "Miss You" was originally it's become the hit the restroom/buy another beer/break song in concert in recent years. It just plods and seeing Ron and Keith "taking a break," seated on the drum riser is irksome especially given the cost of tickets. They should be tearing the p-ss out of "Miss You" but these days it's filler.

Maybe Ronnie should play bass on that number in concert? That'd keep people in their seats.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 28, 2022 18:40

treaclefingers
rbk

Maybe Ronnie should play bass on that number in concert? That'd keep people in their seats.

Maybe Bill Wyman……

Date: April 28, 2022 19:54

MKjan
treaclefingers
rbk

Maybe Bill Wyman……

Indeed! I can't recall, did Bill do the bass on that one, and not Emotional Rescue? I think Ronnie did at least one of the two.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 28, 2022 20:12

Bill Miss You, Ron Emotional

C

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 29, 2022 00:01

treaclefingers
rbk

or ronnie and darryl could play bass together

this along with keith playing more guitar, adding more sax and trimming 2-3 minutes off the song would make it far more interesting to me at this point

Date: April 29, 2022 00:22

ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
rbk

this along with keith playing more guitar, adding more sax and trimming 2-3 minutes off the song would make it far more interesting to me at this point

Well if they did all that I'd nominate an 11 minute version.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 29, 2022 20:50

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 30, 2022 07:08

I got to not liking Miss You. But the different edits etc have kept it alive. And it really is a fantastic track, period.

Weird that it was their last #1 single.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 30, 2022 12:45

ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
rbk

Or they could add Keith also to the bass team. Think of all three of them playing bass, and going 'listen now Bill. This is how it goes'.grinning smiley

This place is empty, cries the rest room.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-30 12:47 by Doxa.

Date: April 30, 2022 16:59

Doxa
ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
rbk

Or they could add Keith also to the bass team. Think of all three of them playing bass, and going 'listen now Bill. This is how it goes'.grinning smiley

This place is empty, cries the rest room.

- Doxa

Yes! With Jags on guitar. "Askin' me...Wotsa Matta wichu BOY?!"

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2006
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home