Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT:Hollywood Vampires
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 24, 2022 14:19

Anybody out there familiar with any of their recordings?Any recommendations to listen to?I have quite a few Alice Cooper albums and Aerosmith recordings but not really heard much of the Vampires.
Anybody catch them live?Cheers

Re: OT:Hollywood Vampires
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 24, 2022 17:01

Haven't caught them live, but I heard their first album and do think its great. I had low expectations, but its a Bob Ezrin production made with a lot of love from Alice and all the guys involved. I pretty much enjoy all the covers (some took me a little while to get around to, but I love them all now), with Itchycoo Park and Come And Get It being true standouts. But seriously, the rest is really solid too, with an original Alice Cooper Group reunion on School's Out, a solid rendition of Jump Into The Fire, Break On Through with Robby Krieger, Joe Perry killing it on Jeepster and Cold Turkey. The two new songs are pretty solid too, and the whole thing opens with a Christoper Lee monologue. The theme holds up throughout, with each song truly being a tribute to a friend of Alice's from that time that has passed. He really gets all the people and its really solid for one album.

I didn't listen to their follow up album of original material, for no other reason than it just getting lost in the shuffle of things. But the first covers album is rock solid and a true labor of love on Alice's part that paid off.

Date: April 24, 2022 17:57

Thanks for that RollingFreak I will check that first album out.Cheers!

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: April 25, 2022 11:06

I saw them at Wembley a couple of years back. They only have two albums out so far, but both are good, so give them a go!

Date: April 25, 2022 15:26

Cheers Barkerboy2

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: April 25, 2022 22:19

I saw them about four years ago right at the time Joe Perry had to bail out because he's had heart issues or something. I realized then what a great actor Johnny Depp is. HE ACTED LIKE HE WAS PLAYING THE GUITAR for almost two hours!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 25, 2022 23:09

Saw them live once ... terrible. I am talking about all the "originals" and covers.

And Alice Cooper/Aerosmith are among my absolute favorites.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 26, 2022 00:17

I realized then what a great actor Johnny Depp is. HE ACTED LIKE HE WAS PLAYING THE GUITAR

Hey thats a good one ...... HHHaaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1783
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home