Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Stones and physical aging
Posted by: illyad1960 ()
Date: April 23, 2022 17:07

We all know the main Stones left alive are all in late 70s. With the exception of the wrinkles, why doesn't Keith, Mick or Ronnie exhibit any other effects of aging? Most men their age have significant hair loss and or weight gain. All people over 45 yo experience presbyopia i.e. loss of natural magnification of the eye resulting in the need for reading glasses. With the exception of Keith's gray hair all three members look far better than their collective, age similar fan base. No one wears a hairpiece, no one wears reading glasses, no one uses a cane or walking device; all physical characteristics consistent with aging that are absent with the Stone? I know of Jagger's interest in physcial fitness but that does not answer the other aging questions. To my knowledge, neither Keith or Ronnie are regular exercise people. Comments?

Re: Stones and physical aging
Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: April 23, 2022 17:15

Keith is nearly bald, there’s been a lot of speculation of Mick’s possible hair piece, I’ve seen photos of Keith and Ronnie wearing reading glasses. Keith’s moving is very stiff, if you compare it for example to 2005 movement. And when you see close up shots of their faces, they definitely look their age. Time waits for no one, not even The Stones.

But so what? That’s aging. Glad that they are here still with us. Many are not.

Posted by: HollywoodStone ()
Date: April 23, 2022 17:41

A rolling stone gathers no moss

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: April 23, 2022 18:12

padre69
Keith is nearly bald, there’s been a lot of speculation of Mick’s possible hair piece, I’ve seen photos of Keith and Ronnie wearing reading glasses. Keith’s moving is very stiff, if you compare it for example to 2005 movement. And when you see close up shots of their faces, they definitely look their age. Time waits for no one, not even The Stones.

Keith isn't nearly bald. He has hair lose but very far from being nearly bald.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 23, 2022 18:25

Cooltoplady
padre69

Keith isn't nearly bald. He has hair lose but very far from being nearly bald.

When was the last time we had a close look under that toque he's been wearing?

Anyway, who cares but to say they aren't aging is ludicrous.

MJ is a freak of nature but even he had the heart issue and we don't have a clue what level of statins, insulin etc. they're on, nor should we.

No one expected them to still be 'rolling' at this age, but we called this about a decade ago, saying they'd keep touring in mini-tours until they all ran out of time.

I don't think I could have predicted they'd be touring their 60th 10 years go.

Anyone willing to bet they'll be a 70th anniversary tour?

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: April 23, 2022 18:31

treaclefingers
I don't think I could have predicted they'd be touring their 60th 10 years go.

Anyone willing to bet they'll be a 70th anniversary tour?
Sure, the question is just who "they" are then. I'm pretty sure Mick will still tour in 10 years.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: April 23, 2022 18:36

I wish people would post a pic of themselves so we see what they look like.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-24 00:17 by Cooltoplady.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: April 23, 2022 18:50

illyad1960
With the exception of the wrinkles, why doesn't Keith, Mick or Ronnie exhibit any other effects of aging?

Completely and utterly laughable statement.

Date: April 23, 2022 19:22

Time Waits for No One
The Rolling Stones

Yes, star-crossed in pleasure, the stream flows on by
Yes, as we're sated in leisure, we watch it fly, yes
And time waits for no one, and it won't wait for me
Time can tear down a building or destroy a woman's face
Hours are like diamonds, don't let them waste
Time waits for no one, no favors has he
Time waits for no one, and he won't wait for me
Men, they build towers to their passing
Yes, to their fame everlasting
Here he comes, chopping and reaping
Hear him laugh at their cheating
And time waits for no man, and it won't wait for me
Yes, time waits for no one, and it won't wait for thee
Drink in your summer, gather your corn
The dreams of the nighttime will vanish by dawn
No, no, no, not for me, no, not for me

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 23, 2022 19:23

Mick has a portrait in his attic ala Portrait of Dorian Gray.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-23 19:36 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: April 23, 2022 19:27

There was a great cartoon in the NME about 30 years ago (or longer)

It's funny if you are familiar with the works of Oscar Wilde.

It shows two men examining a portrait of Keith Richards, and one is saying to the other:

'@#$%& me Dorian, this picture's worse than you said!'

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 23, 2022 21:11

Don't forget, dear Stones friends .... Life is a gift. For some a beautiful gift, for many a terrible "gift". Nature can be great but also cruel.
At my age (almost 74) I can only say that I have been very fortunate and I only feel (am) 5 years younger than Mick Jagger grinning smiley. Being "forced" to be our heroes (or whatever) did put a lot of strain on their lives. With "forced" I mean that the temptation of fame and money is often so hard to resist that there is hardly a choice, and our friends had some really tough times (Keith and Ronnie, and somewhat less Mick, Charlie and Bill). Brian ... well, we all know.
A rock'n'roll band making it to 60 (S I X T Y !!!!!) years is possibly unique in our Solar System. So let's worship their présence and forget about the wrinkles, bold hair (you should see my head grinning smiley) and other shortcomings.

I look forward (and feel really blessed) to again spend a bunch of hours together with the Rolling Stones. I don't care what they play, as long as the PLAY cool smiley

smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Date: April 23, 2022 21:12

Cooltoplady
I wish people would posy a pic of themselves so we see what they look like.

there we go.

Date: April 23, 2022 21:12

bakersfield
There was a great cartoon in the NME about 30 years ago (or longer)

It's funny if you are familiar with the works of Oscar Wilde.

It shows two men examining a portrait of Keith Richards, and one is saying to the other:

'@#$%& me Dorian, this picture's worse than you said!'

OK, even your description made me laugh.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 24, 2022 05:04

didn't ronnie say a couple years ago that he can't even see the audience anymore?

not that i'm one to speak i'm 45 years younger then him and without my glasses i can barley see

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 24, 2022 06:14

It's ridiculous to suggest that they wear hair pieces or whatever. Keith, aside from dying his hair for the VOODOO and BANG tours, has let it flow.

Mick dyes his hair.

Ronnie... the way he makes shit up, he's definitely dyeing his hair.

Keith has a little belly. Mick is a freak. Ronnie is a freak.

Charlie never really changed other than his hairline and obviously getting older.

Bill... ha ha. Whatever.

No one knows about whatever they go through because they don't talk about it. It's not important and it's no one's business but theirs.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: April 24, 2022 06:34

GasLightStreet
It's ridiculous to suggest that they wear hair pieces or whatever. Keith, aside from dying his hair for the VOODOO and BANG tours, has let it flow.

Mick dyes his hair.

Ronnie... the way he makes shit up, he's definitely dyeing his hair.

Keith has a little belly. Mick is a freak. Ronnie is a freak.

Charlie never really changed other than his hairline and obviously getting older.

Bill... ha ha. Whatever.

No one knows about whatever they go through because they don't talk about it. It's not important and it's no one's business but theirs.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: April 24, 2022 06:35

I meant to say 100% agreewith you

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 25, 2022 13:33

It's due to the "deal" they made

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: April 25, 2022 14:11

On the 'TFI The Rolling Stones' show with Chris Evans broadcast back in 97 or 98 (I forget), Ronnie definitely said that he can barely see the audience when he was onstage, so I am sure he wears glasses at home - or perhaps he had laser surgery since then.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 25, 2022 15:39

Barkerboy2
On the 'TFI The Rolling Stones' show with Chris Evans broadcast back in 97 or 98 (I forget), Ronnie definitely said that he can barely see the audience when he was onstage, so I am sure he wears glasses at home - or perhaps he had laser surgery since then.

Don't worry about the eyesight of Mick, Keith and Ronnie (Charlie was doing even better). On occasionally surfacing private kind of photos you can see them wearing glasses. So "when on the road" for sure they have contact lenses. During concerts you see them frequently having eye contact with fans they recognize. No problem whatsoever.
My meanwhile 99 years old mother-in-law had her failing lenses replaced by bionic ones in her mid-80s. The results were/still are amazing. She can see a micro fly on the wall from a distance of 5 meters (micro = 2 millimeters). cool smiley

smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: April 25, 2022 17:39

illyad1960
With the exception of the wrinkles, why doesn't Keith, Mick or Ronnie exhibit any other effects of aging?

Keith obviously has some form of arthritis in his fingers. They're swollen and are the main reason he can't really play solo's anymore. He also has a beer belly and as stated above, is nearly bald. Singing and playing guitar simultaniously seems hard too nowadys..

Mick likely dyes his hair, but it looks kinda natural. When Keith still dyed his, it really showed. Especially in combination with the eyeliner and moustache. Mick's condition is great for a 78 year old. But of course he does workouts every day to stay in shape.

I'm so glad the boys didn't start to take fillers/botox like John Travolta or Dolly Parton... eye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-25 17:40 by ribbelchips.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: April 25, 2022 17:44

None of us know exactly what is going on with their private life. Some of us like to think we know them but we don't.
For all we know, Keith could be farting on stage the whole time. Maybe Ron always groans when getting up from a chair. We just don't know. They're not superhuman. How they are on stage shouldn't be an indication as to how they are in private.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 25, 2022 18:48

They're very rich, have low stress, seem to have good genes, and playing guitar for two hours a night, two nights a week over two month period isn't exactly a marathon. (shrugs)

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: April 25, 2022 18:52

Sure Ronnie too is a freak of nature. I didn`t think there were anybody like them. Here`s a 83 year old winning an athletic run last weekend. He won `cause he was the only candidate in his leage. He`s even sporting long hair (-but of course). It`s unbelievable:

[www.aftenposten.no]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-25 18:58 by noughties.

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: April 25, 2022 18:59

They are Super human after all the drugs

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 25, 2022 19:45

They’re all aged a fair bit in recent years, I feel. It seems most noticeable in Keith, and yet, he’s quit smoking and is reportedly drinking less. Internally, he’s surely healthier.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: April 26, 2022 11:01

Boognish
None of us know exactly what is going on with their private life. Some of us like to think we know them but we don't.
For all we know, Keith could be farting on stage the whole time. Maybe Ron always groans when getting up from a chair. We just don't know. They're not superhuman. How they are on stage shouldn't be an indication as to how they are in private.

This is very true of course. We only see them at their best. In designer clothes, wearing make up, doing what they love most. Or going to a premiere or restaurant. Even if they have some physical discomfort, they would try to hide it. We don't get to see them the day after a show, when they're probably lying in bed all day.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 26, 2022 11:39

Boognish

Exactly this. I think they're quite remarkable compared to people I know of the same age.

Date: April 26, 2022 12:38

noughties
Sure Ronnie too is a freak of nature. I didn`t think there were anybody like them. Here`s a 83 year old winning an athletic run last weekend. He won `cause he was the only candidate in his leage. He`s even sporting long hair (-but of course). It`s unbelievable:

[www.aftenposten.no]

That's how Mick will look on the next tour when the album finally is out grinning smiley

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1879
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home