Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: OT: Critically Acclaimed Albums You Don't Like, At All
Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: April 23, 2022 20:19

StonedRambler
slewan
'Get Yer Ya-Yas Out' – I just don't get what people see in it! That record just sounds bad, muffled sound etc.
I can relate to that. I guess when it came out it was truly spectacular because it was one of the first times you could listen to a whole rock concert on record. And this was the best the Stones have been yet at the time. But I also feel like from todays point of view it's not like you would expect a live recording to sound like.
So while I like to listen to it now an then for me it's not the holy grail that people claim it to be.
The band is playing great and the sound is not muffled at all. The guitars rip out of the speakers. Muffled is Ladies and Gentlemen 1972

Date: April 23, 2022 20:47

Forever changes took some time to hit, but then it hit hard. Still love it. Listening to you set the scene as we speak.the live version that is. Even better than the original album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-23 20:52 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 23, 2022 21:30

Taylor1
StonedRambler
slewan
'Get Yer Ya-Yas Out' – I just don't get what people see in it! That record just sounds bad, muffled sound etc.
I can relate to that. I guess when it came out it was truly spectacular because it was one of the first times you could listen to a whole rock concert on record. And this was the best the Stones have been yet at the time. But I also feel like from todays point of view it's not like you would expect a live recording to sound like.
So while I like to listen to it now an then for me it's not the holy grail that people claim it to be.
The band is playing great and the sound is not muffled at all. The guitars rip out of the speakers. Muffled is Ladies and Gentlemen 1972

well, the outtakes that were released as a part of the YaYas deluxe box sound much better (while the originally released songs remained untouched)

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 23, 2022 21:36

Rush....anything by RUSH because that lead singers' voice is horrific! Also anything by the Grateful Dead...as boring as it can get! Add to that 99% of RAP and Hip Hop with lyrics that go beyond disturbing...however, thankfully most of the lyrics are unintelligible!

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: April 24, 2022 00:34

Early Rush is very good. Nothing wrong with Geddee Lee's voice. One of the few Canadian Bands to make it big in the States.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: April 24, 2022 00:53

Thriller immediately comes to mind.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 24, 2022 01:07

Bashlets
Thriller immediately comes to mind.

All Michael Jackson, I really dislike his music.
The Jackson 5 I like a lot.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 24, 2022 01:13

Pet Sound.........tried to listen to the whole album a few times but never understand the greatness of the record 3 nice tunes and that's that.

Posted by: bjornone ()
Date: April 24, 2022 01:20

Pet Sounds! The hype is beyond my understanding. Aftermath, released the same year, is artistically a far superior album. Still it has never received the cred it deserves ...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 24, 2022 01:25

Aftermath, released the same year, is artistically a far superior album.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: April 24, 2022 03:22

Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti

Mixed bag at best.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 24, 2022 03:54

bjornone
Pet Sounds! The hype is beyond my understanding. Aftermath, released the same year, is artistically a far superior album. Still it has never received the cred it deserves ...

Music Critics like things to be “clever” Pet Sounds is a clever album.
Clever however won’t make you dance. You shouldn’t have to “understand” music it’s either to your liking or not.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: April 24, 2022 05:01

Nevermnd. Nirvana. Never, no more, Please stop, go away, bull crap junk.

Date: April 24, 2022 05:03

Mathijs
Pet Sounds. I can't get through more than 2 minutes.

Mathijs

I’m can’t get through any of your posts

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: April 24, 2022 05:12

Cooltoplady

I've got good news for you then!

Date: April 24, 2022 05:15

jahisnotdead
Cooltoplady

I've got good news for you then!

Oh no. What?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 24, 2022 06:52

Mathijs
Pet Sounds. I can't get through more than 2 minutes.

Mathijs

How that piece of crap influenced the Beatles etc is beyond me. Awful album.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 24, 2022 06:54

slewan

There's nothing muffled about it. It's excellent. Perhaps it's out of context for you.

Date: April 24, 2022 07:51

'Get Yer Ya-Yas Out' – I just don't get what people see in it!

What do the others in the rest home think of it ???.... HHHHaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 24, 2022 11:12

bitusa2012
Big Al
bitusa2012
ALL Radiohead. Self absorbed crap

ALL Pink Floyd. Pretentious crap

Well, they're both self-absorbed and pretentious, truthfully. Whether they're 'crap' is debatable. I like some of the music released by both group's, though, again, like with Springsteen, there's a mental block at play.

You say Springsteen is “too” American. Yet his writing about unemployment issues, immigration, police brutality, welfare, love, dreams, violence, cars, veterans affairs, industrialisation, politics, gangs, sentimentalism .. to me, even as an Australian, they’re universal. I hear and feel everything he writes about. He’s from New Jersey. I’m from Perth. As far away as it’s possible to be geographically.

I don’t dislike Springsteen. He has some terrific songs. I just gave reluctance to explore further. I genuinely don’t connect with him as you do. There’s a reason why there’s many great British acts that don’t quite break the United States. Sometimes, music doesn’t translate. America didn’t buy into BritPop; and I don’t buy into Bruce.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: April 24, 2022 11:27

Bonamassa. Would like to like it but I can't.

Date: April 24, 2022 11:47

Dont get anything outta Springsteen ....
The records always feel staged ...

Saw him live and didnt mind Turn Out The Light ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 24, 2022 12:36

bitusa2012
ALL Radiohead. Self absorbed crap

ALL Pink Floyd. Pretentious crap

thumbs up I couldn't have said it better myself. Them two acts are exactly the opposite of The Stones. No fire signs in those 2 groups that's for sure! grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-24 12:36 by MadMax.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: April 24, 2022 13:34

Springsteen, as I read him is all about the search for connection. How, in the face of life's pressures you can stay connected to those around you and emotionally alive, when the temptation to put up walls and engage in other self destructive behaviours is ever present. He means a lot to me (an Essex boy living in North Wales) and, famously, he struck a chord with Sarfraz Manzoor, so Kent may not necessarily be too much of a stretch smiling smiley

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: April 24, 2022 14:13

MartinB
Bonamassa. Would like to like it but I can't.
Oh yeah. He is such a good musician but his singing and his face expressions always seem so pretended and forced so me. Like a white man really trying hard to feel the blues.

Date: April 24, 2022 14:18

With me it is Radiohead for sure.I've tried again and again. My friends love them. I suspect that if someone else was singing, and writing the vocal parts I'd feel different, but not sure.

The other one for me is "Pet Sounds', and the whole Brian Wilson "genius" thing in general. Not on board.

Like others here not wild about Springsteen. My main criticism is the band. I've heard Looper pedals with more personality.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: April 24, 2022 15:42

-Never got anything against "Get Yer Ya-Ya`s Out, but originally it was an album to me that stuck out visually in the record shop windows. What kind of album was that? -Never bothered to check it out. It obviously was an album for the babyboomers. Today it could be said to be of it`s time.

Anyway, rock got harder after the psychedelia of `67. A resurrected Rolling Stones, The Doors shook off their experimentalism and entered a new era with "Morrison Hotel", plus the happening of Led Zeppelin.

Besides there is music I only passively registered but didn`t care to check out alt all, such as Prefab Sprout and an 80`s album called "Heaven Up There". What was that band? At the same time I also found out that the band Psychdelic Furs was not anything for me. -And The Fall? -Me oh my...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-24 15:51 by noughties.

Date: April 24, 2022 16:40

...im a fool for you babeeeeeeeee

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: April 24, 2022 17:00

Talking Heads
Replacements

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 24, 2022 17:07

This thread is depressing. And offensive.

Why? Because people are asked to say what they dislike. It is all about dislike. Next step is hate, Then what comes after?

If you do not have anything nise to say, then why publish it on IORR?

Give me a break.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1655
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home