Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 11 of 12
Re: OT: Depp trial
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 2, 2022 14:15

firebird
TheGreek
Paddy
treaclefingers
Well, Johnny has been vindicated. I think the single best thing he could do right now, benefiting the both of them is to 'forgive' the money and say all he wanted t do was clear his name.

I'm certain he doesn't need it, nor will he probably get much of it. As long as she lives with the verdict and agrees not to appeal.

I think that would be an excellent move to rehabilitate his name and put some distance between him and this.

Take the money and donate to women’s shelters and support for actual victims of abuse.
+1, This would be good Karma for JD to do for sure .

And actually DO donate it, not only promise to do it grinning smiley

She pledged $7,000,000. You mean pledging it isn’t the same as donating it? She sure pretended to think so. Man, did Camille Vasquez demolish Heard!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 2, 2022 17:12

Was he represented by Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 3, 2022 05:16

TheGreek
Paddy
treaclefingers
Well, Johnny has been vindicated. I think the single best thing he could do right now, benefiting the both of them is to 'forgive' the money and say all he wanted t do was clear his name.

I'm certain he doesn't need it, nor will he probably get much of it. As long as she lives with the verdict and agrees not to appeal.

I think that would be an excellent move to rehabilitate his name and put some distance between him and this.

Take the money and donate to women’s shelters and support for actual victims of abuse.
+1, This would be good Karma for JD to do for sure .

Yes, even better for sure, great idea. JD needs a public makeover and this would help.

I just think financially crushing this person shouldn't be what JD gets out of it. She has a mental disorder, no one in their right mind behaves like this.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: June 3, 2022 09:04

She is simply vindictive and a gold digger at that.She got what was coming to her.It’s about time fake abuse victims like her get their just deserts.I hope it deters malicious monsters from making false accusations in the future and puts an end to this common place culture.
The trial got JD his life back.The world gets a chance to see him in future great movies.And the trial raised the issue of domestic violence against men.All is good.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: June 3, 2022 09:42

What can you expect of a country where an amateur jury is supposed to take juridical decisions, in a show trial broadcasted for the world's pleasure? Backwarded country. Always was, always will be.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: June 3, 2022 09:43

stargroover
She is simply vindictive and a gold digger at that.She got what was coming to her.It’s about time fake abuse victims like her get their just deserts.I hope it deters malicious monsters from making false accusations in the future and puts an end to this common place culture.
The trial got JD his life back.The world gets a chance to see him in future great movies.And the trial raised the issue of domestic violence against men.All is good.

Hmm I don't think all is good. She seemed like she was lying and I don't particularly care about her being proven wrong - I don't think you can trust anybody in the world of celebrities - but I still think all the discussion about this case and especially the hate storm on the internet will leave many women in need of help quiet about the domestic abuse they experienced.
Even though I might agree with the verdict in this particular case, the way this trial was publicly fought is a major backstep for feminism and does not at all give women the confidence to address the horrors they went through.

Some people who don't understand feminism might see that as a good thing - but for young people like me caring about the already grim social and political future such things matter a lot.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 3, 2022 10:08

THE AUSTRALIAN --- 3 June 2022

ROCKMAN

Date: June 3, 2022 10:22

THE AGE --- 3 June 2022

ROCKMAN

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 3, 2022 11:56

The overriding theme of this entire trial is that you can’t start a movement and go after any particular gender, race , religion etc.

“Believe all Women “ was a ridiculous statement from the beginning.
Every single case is different, you can’t just believe everything that comes out of someone’s mouth because of their gender, that’s asking for trouble.

People are motivated by greed, anger , jealousy , revenge, and will often say anything to get what they want.

“ Believe All Women, except Amber Heard.she’s fine but she ain’t let you shit in my bed fine”- Chris Rock

Date: June 4, 2022 11:01

THE AUSTRALIAN --- 4 June 2022

ROCKMAN

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: June 4, 2022 12:03

Posted a comment on last night’s Jeff Beck (or rather, Johnny Depp) show on the “Jeff Beck touring again/2022” thread:

[iorr.org]

Date: June 4, 2022 13:08

I wish the jury had thrown in a little asterisk in fine print: "And JD shall be prohibited from ever playing guitar in public again'.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 4, 2022 13:18

It bothers a lot of people that Johnny hangs out with and plays onstage with some legendary rockers.
I get it, the guy is an internationally famous movie star, he’s got money, he looks cool AF all the time and the women lose their minds over him.

But no matter who you are guys like Alice Cooper and Jeff Beck don’t go onstage with people who can’t play.
I know it’s a tough pill to swallow but you have to be fair, dudes a pretty good musician.
I like that old Lennon song they do, you have to have a good handle on things to even know that song.

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: June 4, 2022 16:12

lem motlow
It bothers a lot of people that Johnny hangs out with and plays onstage with some legendary rockers.
I get it, the guy is an internationally famous movie star, he’s got money, he looks cool AF all the time and the women lose their minds over him.

But no matter who you are guys like Alice Cooper and Jeff Beck don’t go onstage with people who can’t play.
I know it’s a tough pill to swallow but you have to be fair, dudes a pretty good musician.
I like that old Lennon song they do, you have to have a good handle on things to even know that song.

Or maybe they just know that Depp sells tickets and gives them extra press.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 4, 2022 16:30

matxil
What can you expect of a country where an amateur jury is supposed to take juridical decisions, in a show trial broadcasted for the world's pleasure? Backwarded country. Always was, always will be.

You’re out of your depth sunshine.

Date: June 4, 2022 17:39

Natlanta
matxil

You’re out of your depth sunshine.

Well...it was admittedly a provocative observation, but if you're going to 'call him out', I for one would like to have you articulate why 'sunshine' is out of his depth?

Seems like a reasonable observation and conclusion to me...perhaps not definitive but certainly not completely without merit.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 4, 2022 21:18

No point in arguing, juries (of your peers) are the system in the US. I don't know if that's always backward or maybe forward. Broadcasting is another matter, whether it should be done or not.

matxil, have you visited the States much?

(Bjornulf, I can erase this if it would lead to closure of the topic.)

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-04 21:19 by angee.

Date: June 4, 2022 22:18

Its strange how Beck
lets him guest at his shows .... weird

ROCKMAN

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 4, 2022 22:29

As I've said before, I didn't really realise that Johnny Depp was a decent guitarist and singer.
Never bothered to watch the videos when he played at Ronnie Scott's I think, a couple of years back.
I think it was with Jeff, Imelda May, Ronnie Wood,Ben Waters and one or two other talented artists.

It's Jeffs' band and it's his choice who's in it. thumbs up

Date: June 5, 2022 02:05

Whats the Beck show from a few years ago
where Deppy came on stage in full pirate Caribbean gear ....

ROCKMAN

Date: June 5, 2022 04:06

Herald Sun --- 5 June 2022

ROCKMAN

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 5, 2022 05:52

Rockman

The dude is weird. Depp playing with Beck is like Britney Spears sitting in with John Mayall. Go away Depp. Just go away. You’re a faker.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: June 5, 2022 14:04

Not what the audiences in the UK witnessing JD avec Jeff Beck are saying.Get yourself off your dusty sofa there More Hot Rocks and get out to a gig.Two more UK shows left and an album next month.

Date: June 5, 2022 14:31

More Hot Rocks
Rockman

The dude is weird. Depp playing with Beck is like Britney Spears sitting in with John Mayall. Go away Depp. Just go away. You’re a faker.

I am kind of torn. Because I think Depp is one of the best actors of our generation.
But I have to confess, that it actually bugs me that he is taking up slots on stage that could be taken by musicians who need it, and have something to say.
Yes, I guess he's picked up a lick or two along the way. He's a terrible singe lot as an actor.
And I;m not sure if congratulations are in order on the trial. They both got some money.

Date: June 5, 2022 15:22

matxil

Please give me some more details about what is backward about the US. No country is perfect and we should always strive for improvement, but every country has its issues. Throwing the baby out with the bath water is short sighted and ignorant.

Date: June 5, 2022 18:48

NashvilleBlues
matxil

Please give me some more details about what is backward about the US. No country is perfect and we should always strive for improvement, but every country has its issues. Throwing the baby out with the bath water is short sighted and ignorant.

I think we should close this particular subtopic as it's going to get contentious, and I agree one shouldn't throw out the baby with the bathwater. That said, and this is by no means a complete list, just a couple of examples.

-Gun Policy
-The Electoral system
-The significant overweight representation given to small states in the Senate
-Ripping babies from their parents at the border and putting them in cages in the last administration.

These are things you just don't see in the rest of the world. Every country has its problems but for the self proclaimed 'greatest country in the world', these are all things antithetical to that claim.

Date: June 5, 2022 20:00

treaclefingers
NashvilleBlues
matxil

I think we should close this particular subtopic as it's going to get contentious, and I agree one shouldn't throw out the baby with the bathwater. That said, and this is by no means a complete list, just a couple of examples.

-Gun Policy
-The Electoral system
-Ripping babies from their parents at the border and putting them in cages in the last administration.

These are things you just don't see in the rest of the world. Every country has its problems but for the self proclaimed 'greatest country in the world', these are all things antithetical to that claim.

Yes. I agree with all of that. America isn’t perfect and we have room to improve, but I love it here, warts and all. Hopefully, we’ll be getting rid of some of those warts soon.

I’m aware of other countries’ shortcomings, but I’m not on here talking shit about anyone else’s home. It reeks of antagonism.

Date: June 5, 2022 21:54

NashvilleBlues
treaclefingers
NashvilleBlues
matxil

-Gun Policy
-The Electoral system

Yes. I agree with all of that. America isn’t perfect and we have room to improve, but I love it here, warts and all. Hopefully, we’ll be getting rid of some of those warts soon.

I’m aware of other countries’ shortcomings, but I’m not on here talking shit about anyone else’s home. It reeks of antagonism.

Agreed.

Date: June 7, 2022 23:14

Hey Ho .... playin guitar for Becky must $$$$ pay well .....

ROCKMAN

Date: June 8, 2022 00:22

Rockman

Hey Ho .... playin guitar for Becky must $$$$ pay well .....

I'll bet he's just trying to curry favour.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 11 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1673
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home