Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 10 of 12
Re: OT: Depp trial
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: May 31, 2022 21:41

Redhotcarpet
PatrickS77
Redhotcarpet
PatrickS77
Stoneage
I always thought she was suing him for money, that is the standard case -but this is the other way around. Winner? The lawyers as always...

They are suing each other. She wrote a co-ep insinuating he abused her. So he sued her for 50 mio. for defamation and she countersued him for 100 mio. 2 total lunatics who found each other.

Nope. More like one anti social borderline abusing individual groomed a famous actor, got sued and in return countersued.

Yeah. Whatever. Depp chose to be with her, for several years, and then married her. Both are loons. She all the time, he when he's high/drunk.

You’re right. His choice to stay with the abuser (just like his dad stayed with his abusive mother).

I saw a woman with a huge (real) bruise on the side of her forehead today at the supermarket. She’s obviously with an abusive man (or woman). Her choice.

Definitely the bruise woman could be in an abusive relationship, but I would never call that "obviously", since there are so many other ways one could get a bruise.

Date: May 31, 2022 22:19

stargroover
How was it Manofwealthandtaste ?
Nice picture there by the way.
What sort of reception did he get from the audience?

I had only seen Jeff Beck play as a guest at other artists’ gigs before, so was looking forward to seeing him perform in his own show. He gave a virtuoso performance, playing one track with a left handed guitar.....upside down a la Hendrix. After several instrumentals it was time to introduce the vocalist for the evening, enter Johnny Depp. He was given a warm reception with a view shouts of “we love you Johnny” from the crowd. He stayed on stage for about half a dozen songs with, I think, four guitar changes.
The encore included an instrumental guitar jam version of The Beatles’ “A Day In The Life”..........which certainly did fill the Albert Hall.

As we left the building, we passed the stage door entrance where a crowd of girls were gathering, waiting for a Jeff Beck autograph opportunity perhaps?!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 31, 2022 23:47

I just had a read of today's Metro newspaper and got a pic of Jeff and Mr Depp playing in Sheffield on Sunday night.
Got differant clothes on, and looks like RAH was the second gig he played on with Jeff.
Can't see him playing at every gig of the Tour, but let's face it, he's an actor who can also play guitar.
Just like Mick and Keith are musicians/singers who have also done a bit of acting.
Maybe he just needs to get over the trauma of the court case and just hoping he's going to be the winner takes it all, as the Abba song goes.

My guess is toss a coin and it could be win or lose for Mr Depp. confused smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 1, 2022 01:29

He was a guest every night on Jeff Becks last US mini-tour prior to the pandemic, and needless to say many Jeff Beck fans were displeased with him sharing the stage. Not because of who he is or what he had been accused of
(well maybe that was partially the reason), but most were unhappy because they paid to see virtuoso Jeff Beck, and not Jeff Beck sharing the stage with the unadvertised Depp who sort of diluted the experience.
Didn't see any of those shows, but I've seen Jeff Beck over a dozen times throughout the years as he's one of my favorite guitarists - thankfully he never had any "special" guests to take away from the purity of it all.
For those attending any future shows this tour, like it or not, Depp will probably be there on stage. He was at the Royal Albert Hall again tonight. > Depp appears on stage with Jeff Beck

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 1, 2022 03:49

Hairball
He was a guest every night on Jeff Becks last US mini-tour prior to the pandemic, and needless to say many Jeff Beck fans were displeased with him sharing the stage. Not because of who he is or what he had been accused of
(well maybe that was partially the reason), but most were unhappy because they paid to see virtuoso Jeff Beck, and not Jeff Beck sharing the stage with the unadvertised Depp who sort of diluted the experience.
Didn't see any of those shows, but I've seen Jeff Beck over a dozen times throughout the years as he's one of my favorite guitarists - thankfully he never had any "special" guests to take away from the purity of it all.
For those attending any future shows this tour, like it or not, Depp will probably be there on stage. He was at the Royal Albert Hall again tonight. > Depp appears on stage with Jeff Beck

Maybe Jeff also wants to be a pirate?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 1, 2022 04:01

I agree, Hairball. I've seen Jeff Beck a couple of times, but not in a solo show.
The only vocalist I think I'd like might be Rod Stewart, in his prime, and not for the whole gig.
Not Johnny D.

crawdaddy, I agree, toss of a coin, or a hung jury.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 1, 2022 10:08

Be a bigger worry if Amber
turned up on stage at the Beck shows....

ROCKMAN

Date: June 1, 2022 11:50

Yes.

Apparently Kate Moss was there at second RAH show.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: June 1, 2022 13:06

Thanks for the feedback Manofwealthandtaste.I have a ticket for the Manchester gig.I saw Jeff Beck just the once when he performed with the Stones in London.

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: June 1, 2022 13:17

Manofwealthandtaste
As we left the building, we passed the stage door entrance where a crowd of girls were gathering, waiting for a Jeff Beck autograph opportunity perhaps?!

I would bet a lot that these girls waited to get a Depp autograph. These Depp fans really are annoying as hell, turning up everywhere, reducing Alice Cooper and Joe Perry and whoever else, to side players.

Date: June 1, 2022 15:57

I've seen Jeff Beck and his various bands with some great musicians and singers, and have to say Johnny Depp is a competant musician and singer.
I see on this tour Jeff has very competant artists including Sharon Corr on vocals, Rhonda Smith on bass guitar and Anika Nilles on drums.
That's how I prefer to see the band play live,but can't see any videos without Johnny Depp.
Know a couple of friends who went to the gig and they loved it.

Looks like Jeff was up to his high standard as usual, and I bet it was a really enjoyable gig. thumbs up

Date: June 1, 2022 20:50

Hot News on Sky News channel just now, is the decision on the court case is gonna be announced at 8pm tonight UK time.
I guess it's timed at 8pm UK time as Johnny is busy in UK these days with the Jeff Beck gigs. smiling smiley
How exciting......but I can wait until tomorrow if I'm really busy cutting my toenails or something similar. smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-01 20:53 by crawdaddy.

Date: June 1, 2022 21:23

Yes, verdict coming in US in about 40 minutes! Thirteen hours of deliberation.

If Johnny wins, it'll be because Amber had little to no evidence of physical abuse from him,
other than her words, but who knows? (Plenty of verbal abuse, on both sides.)

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-01 21:24 by angee.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: June 1, 2022 22:31

JD wins

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 1, 2022 22:36

A jury on Wednesday ruled in favor of Johnny Depp in his libel lawsuit against ex-wife Amber Heard, vindicating his stance that Heard fabricated claims that she was abused by Depp before and during their brief marriage.

The jury also found in favor of Heard, who said she was defamed by Depp’s lawyer when he called her abuse allegations a hoax.

Jury members found Depp should be awarded $15 million in damages, while Heard should receive $2 million.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-01 22:42 by Kurt.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 1, 2022 22:45

And I’m still cutting out coupons to save 50 cents

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: June 1, 2022 22:48

Kurt

Jury members found Depp should be awarded $15 million in damages, while Heard should receive $2 million.

Amber Heard's net worth is reported as being somewhere between US$2.5-8 million, and in effect she owes Johnny US$13 million.

No one is going to hire her for more movie roles.

She will forever be known as "Amber Turd", the woman who shat in Johnny Depp's bed and made up false stories of abuse while in fact being the abuser.

Mental illness is a terrible thing.

Drew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-01 22:49 by drewmaster.

Date: June 1, 2022 23:59

I must admit that as a London born guy, whenever the news channels since the decision was made, had an American talking about the jury decision it does sound like they are saying 'Amber Turd' which is not complimentary to any woman.
Probably just me and my London accent, and gotta say it's all over the UK News channels now.
You would think there's better news around................... like the opener of The Rolling Stones Tour of Europe happening in Madrid tonight. smoking smiley

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: June 2, 2022 00:23

Go Johnny go! Rings on ya.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: June 2, 2022 00:46

drewmaster
Kurt

Amber Heard's net worth is reported as being somewhere between US$2.5-8 million, and in effect she owes Johnny US$13 million.

No one is going to hire her for more movie roles.

She will forever be known as "Amber Turd", the woman who shat in Johnny Depp's bed and made up false stories of abuse while in fact being the abuser.

Mental illness is a terrible thing.

Drew

It was 10+5 for two different things for Johnny but the 5 was reduced to 350.000 by the judge for some legal reasons I dont't understand. So she owes Johnny 8.35 million

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-02 00:49 by firebird.

Date: June 2, 2022 01:24

I gave Amber every chance in the world, but no, her so-called evidence crumbled easily, into nothing.

Only thing found true by jury was she didn't set up the room for the police to see, it was really like that. (This, from what I understand, about the "hoax" part.)

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: June 2, 2022 01:27

firebird

It was 10+5 for two different things for Johnny but the 5 was reduced to 350.000 by the judge for some legal reasons I dont't understand. So she owes Johnny 8.35 million

You're right. But that's still more money than her entire net worth. Her fortune, her career, and her reputation are all completely destroyed now.

Despite all her atrocious acts and her blatant lies, I feel sorry for her. I don't necessarily buy the idea that she is "evil". She is definitely mentally deranged.

Drew

Date: June 2, 2022 02:03

Well, Johnny has been vindicated. I think the single best thing he could do right now, benefiting the both of them is to 'forgive' the money and say all he wanted t do was clear his name.

I'm certain he doesn't need it, nor will he probably get much of it. As long as she lives with the verdict and agrees not to appeal.

I think that would be an excellent move to rehabilitate his name and put some distance between him and this.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 2, 2022 02:10

Maybe now they can kiss and make up.

Date: June 2, 2022 03:31

treaclefingers, yes, that would be good.

Johnny has said, "All I wanted was my life back."

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 2, 2022 04:11

angee
treaclefingers, yes, that would be good.

Johnny has said, "All I wanted was my life back."

I think it would do a lot of healing, especially for him, to be magnanimous right now.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: June 2, 2022 04:18

treaclefingers
Well, Johnny has been vindicated. I think the single best thing he could do right now, benefiting the both of them is to 'forgive' the money and say all he wanted t do was clear his name.

I'm certain he doesn't need it, nor will he probably get much of it. As long as she lives with the verdict and agrees not to appeal.

I think that would be an excellent move to rehabilitate his name and put some distance between him and this.

Take the money and donate to women’s shelters and support for actual victims of abuse.

Re: Depp trial
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 2, 2022 08:12

Hairball
Howard Stern Calls Out Johnny Depp’s ‘Overacting’ and Accent While Testifying Against Amber Heard

Stern

Howard Stern called out Johnny Depp for “overacting” while Depp testified against Amber Heard during the former couple’s defamation trial, which has been livestreamed on various platforms since April 11. Depp is suing Heard for defamation after she alluded to their alleged abusive relationship in an op-ed piece written for The Washington Post. Heard’s legal team reportedly tried to block cameras from livestreaming the trial, which was approved by Judge Penney Azcarate. Depp’s team did not publicly challenge the decision. “The reason he wanted that on — he wanted it televised [because] that’s what narcissists do,” Stern said of Depp while discussing the trial on his SiriusXM radio show (via Mediaite). “They think they can talk their way out of anything. I think Johnny Depp is a huge narcissist and what I mean by that is — he figured, ‘I’ll put this on TV and because I’m so persuasive and because I’m so smart, I’m such a wonderful guy.’” “I’ll play you some clips from the Johnny Depp trial. If he isn’t acting — I mean, he’s so overacting because he’s writing his own material as he goes along,” Stern continued. “You know, I gotta tell you, he’s wrong. He shouldn’t be putting this on TV in any shape.”

Stern agreed with his co-host Robin Quivers that the trial will not save Depp’s career. “That’s what narcissists do, [they say], ‘I will charm the pants off of America at the trial.’ No you won’t! This will not go well,” Stern said. “It’s not going well for you, it’s not going well for her. It’s not going well for anybody. You sound like two battling children.” “It’s just coming off really badly,” Stern added. “Johnny Depp testified in court for two days last week. Two days. Think about that, lots of room to embarrass yourself. Two full, @#$%& days! First of all, his difficulty in speaking the English language is fantastic…And the accent. First of all, isn’t he from like the South of the Midwest? Johnny Depp was born in Kentucky. Does that sound like a guy from Kentucky?”

This didn’t age well- I sometimes listen to a podcast that is primarily based on ridiculing this out of touch jerk off.
They played a clip of him actually saying that since Depp has gotten older that he, Stern “ looked as good as Johnny now”
The podcast crew were screaming with laughter.can you imagine that wig wearing clown trying to sell that.
I still can’t believe that Johnny wasn’t present for the verdict because he was in Europe jamming with Jeff Beck, that is an otherworldly level of cool.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 2, 2022 13:10

Paddy
treaclefingers

Take the money and donate to women’s shelters and support for actual victims of abuse.
+1, This would be good Karma for JD to do for sure .

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: June 2, 2022 13:17

TheGreek
Paddy
treaclefingers

+1, This would be good Karma for JD to do for sure .

And actually DO donate it, not only promise to do it grinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 10 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1151
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home