Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 9 of 12
Re: OT: Depp trial
Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: May 27, 2022 14:39

Leather jacketed, Stones Shirt wearing woman sitting aisle seat 3 rows backthumbs up featured quite prominently all over news the past 24 hours.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 27, 2022 17:54

Paddy
dmay
So, which song fits in best regarding all of this: Yesterday's Papers by the boys or Don Henley's Dirty Laundry?.

Personality Crisis - New York Dolls.

Lies.

[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 27, 2022 18:11

I always thought she was suing him for money, that is the standard case -but this is the other way around. Winner? The lawyers as always...

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 27, 2022 18:58

stargroover
If you got no interest in the trial,why comment on the thread?

I made a comment just to say that we got a similar showbiz scenario here in UK, where the two opposing sides obviously hate each other and were best of friends once upon a time.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 27, 2022 20:01

Stoneage
I always thought she was suing him for money, that is the standard case -but this is the other way around. Winner? The lawyers as always...

No, the winner is Depp. He’s a victim of abuse and slander. The trial
Has made that clear. Now the world knows exactly what Amber Heard is and Depp has had his justice.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: May 28, 2022 03:15

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 28, 2022 10:13

THE AUSTRALIAN --- 28 may 2022

ROCKMAN

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: May 28, 2022 19:14

Stoneage

They are suing each other. She wrote a co-ep insinuating he abused her. So he sued her for 50 mio. for defamation and she countersued him for 100 mio. 2 total lunatics who found each other.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: May 29, 2022 03:57

Amber's last word on the matter... ;-)

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-29 03:58 by scottkeef.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 29, 2022 06:13

PatrickS77
Stoneage

They are suing each other. She wrote a co-ep insinuating he abused her. So he sued her for 50 mio. for defamation and she countersued him for 100 mio. 2 total lunatics who found each other.

Depp has been an established, and brilliant, lunatic for quite some time. An appropriate lunatic - artist - for decades.

Amber Heard?

She's not a lunatic. She's a nut job.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 29, 2022 19:16

Er, what's the difference between a lunatic and a nut job?
I guess nut job is worse, huh?

I predict no clear verdict for either party.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 29, 2022 19:30

maybe one of them is kook while the other one is whack?

Date: May 29, 2022 22:48

Herald Sun -- 29 May 2022

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: May 30, 2022 03:26

What ever the verdict she has been exposed as a fraud.JD’s popularity has shone through and I believe his career will be revived regardless.
As for Disney the so called family film company their doing the Sex Pistols film for goodness sake.Even worse without the permission of JR.

Date: May 30, 2022 13:03

Herald Sun -- 30 May 2022

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jigsaw69 ()
Date: May 30, 2022 17:20

Johnny Depp on stage with Jeff Beck last night.........

[nypost.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 30, 2022 17:54

Elon Musk is such an idiot.

Date: May 30, 2022 18:09

A great place to chill for JD ,Yorkshire!Lucky for those concert goers last night.

Date: May 30, 2022 23:12

Maybe he will appear alongside the boys whilst in the UK?

Date: May 30, 2022 23:36

PatrickS77
Stoneage

Nope. More like one anti social borderline abusing individual groomed a famous actor, got sued and in return countersued.

Date: May 31, 2022 08:02

JD played the RAH last night with Jeff Beck.Be interesting to see if he is there for the whole UK tour.
The verdict may come today,do we have a Ruby Tuesday?Will the Sun and Turd get their just deserts?

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: May 31, 2022 10:55

Redhotcarpet
PatrickS77
Stoneage

Nope. More like one anti social borderline abusing individual groomed a famous actor, got sued and in return countersued.

Yeah. Whatever. Depp chose to be with her, for several years, and then married her. Both are loons. She all the time, he when he's high/drunk.

Date: May 31, 2022 12:23

stargroover
JD played the RAH last night with Jeff Beck.Be interesting to see if he is there for the whole UK tour.
The verdict may come today,do we have a Ruby Tuesday?Will the Sun and Turd get their just deserts?

I was at the gig last night at the Royal Albert Hall......

Date: May 31, 2022 16:44

How was it Manofwealthandtaste ?
Nice picture there by the way.
What sort of reception did he get from the audience?

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: May 31, 2022 16:53

Logic and history suggest Depp will lose, since he lost in the UK with a lower legal standard.

I'm predicting the jury will go in Depp's favor. Damages will probably be a dollar, but for Depp it would be a huge win. He's trying to preserve his career.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: May 31, 2022 18:09

stargroover

All tour? No the Beck stops here!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 31, 2022 18:52

Rockman

Herald Sun -- 30 May 2022

Wow she likes those odd ones huh?! LOL

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 31, 2022 19:39

Take away the celebrity and TV coverage and you have the same sad story in many marriages and long-term relationships: substance abuse, emotional abuse, physical abuse, deception, betrayal. Many times family and friends stay loyal and enable bad behavior to go unchecked. The children are the true victims in such situations. The fact that this is entertainment for the masses is simply recognition amid our own collective anonymity.

What is unacceptable is that the studios are punishing either of them for their personal lives. Criminal behavior should be tried accordingly. These two adult children shouldn't be suing one another, they should be suing the studios and production companies who set themselves up as the moral arbiters deciding who works and who doesn't. Audiences should decide whether they are still A-list or B-list or lower. If we accept this behavior from Hollywood, how will we feel when record labels do the same or are own employers? We accept drug testing and criminal records with employment in many industries, do we really want an employer to blacklist us from our field because of personal problems? That should really be what is on trial here.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 31, 2022 20:28

Rocky Dijon
Take away the celebrity and TV coverage and you have the same sad story in many marriages and long-term relationships: substance abuse, emotional abuse, physical abuse, deception, betrayal. Many times family and friends stay loyal and enable bad behavior to go unchecked. The children are the true victims in such situations. The fact that this is entertainment for the masses is simply recognition amid our own collective anonymity.

What is unacceptable is that the studios are punishing either of them for their personal lives. Criminal behavior should be tried accordingly. These two adult children shouldn't be suing one another, they should be suing the studios and production companies who set themselves up as the moral arbiters deciding who works and who doesn't. Audiences should decide whether they are still A-list or B-list or lower. If we accept this behavior from Hollywood, how will we feel when record labels do the same or are own employers? We accept drug testing and criminal records with employment in many industries, do we really want an employer to blacklist us from our field because of personal problems? That should really be what is on trial here.

I agree with you on the overall tone of your view but the simple fact is that this is about branding and marketing.

The studios did not put them in this situation, they've done that themselves, and they should have known WAY better that this was not going to be beneficial for either of them.

There is lots of choice of other actors to get for your movie, why condemn the studio for not 'taking the risk'?

Movie making is risky in the first place, not everything's a 'hit' and the movie makers simply don't 'owe' either of these goobers anything.

A classic case of self-immolation, for both of them.

Date: May 31, 2022 21:26

PatrickS77
Redhotcarpet
PatrickS77
Stoneage

Yeah. Whatever. Depp chose to be with her, for several years, and then married her. Both are loons. She all the time, he when he's high/drunk.

You’re right. His choice to stay with the abuser (just like his dad stayed with his abusive mother).

I saw a woman with a huge (real) bruise on the side of her forehead today at the supermarket. She’s obviously with an abusive man (or woman). Her choice.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 9 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2006
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home