Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 7 of 12
Re: OT: Depp trial
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 17, 2022 01:00

You must be American, conspiracies..

So is it equally fair to say you must be British, intolerant?

Generalizations are such fun.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 17, 2022 01:40

Rocky Dijon
You must be American, conspiracies..

So is it equally fair to say you must be British, intolerant?

Generalizations are such fun.

hi american here

and though i myself don't give them much merit plenty of fellow americans i know are fond of conspiracy theories

and often the only thing they have in common is being american

in fact regardless of race, gender, religion or political affiliation we all seem to think there's some powerful group or person out to control or get usgrinning smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 17, 2022 03:56

---

I wonder if Keith cares much if he's out of a movie role.
He was sometimes on tour during planned film shoots anyway.
He probably feels bad that Johnny's getting ousted.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 17, 2022 04:12

ProfessorWolf

hi american here

and though i myself don't give them much merit plenty of fellow americans i know are fond of conspiracy theories

in fact regardless of race, gender, religion or political affiliation we all seem to think there's some powerful group or person out to control or get usgrinning smiley

Given that such so-called conspiracies originated in Europe a few centuries ago as anti-Masonic and anti-Semitic rubbish and reached their peak in the first few decades of the last century after adding anti-Chinese sentiments to the agenda, it's clearly a psychosis that is hardly unique to the States.

That said, I will readily admit that this American does truly believe there is a powerful shadow organization or an omnipotent individual controlling the stage we dance upon. Some of you might think I'm loony for saying so, but I believe B.V. is real and the power it wields over us all is absolute so tread carefully and be respectful lest you uncover the truth.

Date: May 17, 2022 06:00

Rocky Dijon
ProfessorWolf

hi american here

Given that such so-called conspiracies originated in Europe a few centuries ago as anti-Masonic and anti-Semitic rubbish and reached their peak in the first few decades of the last century after adding anti-Chinese sentiments to the agenda, it's clearly a psychosis that is hardly unique to the States.

That said, I will readily admit that this American does truly believe there is a powerful shadow organization or an omnipotent individual controlling the stage we dance upon. Some of you might think I'm loony for saying so, but I believe B.V. is real and the power it wields over us all is absolute so tread carefully and be respectful lest you uncover the truth.

well the conspiracies i was speaking of were more aliens jfk and flat earthers not so much the antisemitic ones

though sadly i've known people who do indeed belevie that those different from them pose a threat to them and wield inordinate amounts of power over them based on nothing more then that difference and a need to blame someone else for there problems

and i too belevie in the great and powerful bv

so we should watch what we say, show some sympathy, some taste

use all our well learned politese

or he'll delete our accounts from this placegrinning smiley

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: May 17, 2022 08:07

Yesterday Johnny’s lawyer totally wiped the floor with Heard exposing her as a liar who had not paid the divorce money to charity.It was also made clear she had staged photos .How the hell could she go on a TV show and be laughing and joking with a split lip?What a liar.Hopefully Johnny wins ,restores his reputation and destroys her in the process.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 17, 2022 08:15

When I read some of these posts, people believing it's all Heard's fault, or all Depp's fault, have never actually been in a long term relationship before.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 17, 2022 09:31

...or kissed LD with her
mother-in-law standing in the shadows...HHHHaaaaaaa...what a ride

ROCKMAN

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 17, 2022 11:02

stargroover
Yesterday Johnny’s lawyer totally wiped the floor with Heard exposing her as a liar who had not paid the divorce money to charity.It was also made clear she had staged photos .How the hell could she go on a TV show and be laughing and joking with a split lip?What a liar.Hopefully Johnny wins ,restores his reputation and destroys her in the process.

Unless they’ve somehow found jurors who believe you can get punched in the face repeatedly by a guy wearing three or four rings on each hand, rings with skulls, daggers, dice etc and end up with slightly red cheeks… it’s pretty much over.
When she said “ yeah, he always wears those rings” I thought - are you trying to lose?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 17, 2022 12:38

My prediction is that the ex-wife will win inside the courtroom but the ex-husband outside of it - the public opinion seem to sympathize Depp and his stance and has already made up its mind (probably even before the courtroom activities took place). So no matter him losing the case, Depp's career will gonna be alright (forget Disney movies, though), Heard's probably not so much. What the truth is, or has the justice happened, no one will ever know.

The next I will tell the upcoming lottery numbers and the release date of a new Rolling Stones studio album...

- Doxa

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 17, 2022 12:48

Only young women journalists and feminists write about the case here. All their sympathy goes to Heard, none to Depp. They think it would be a backlash to #Metoo if Heard doesn't win.
They have noticed though that the opinion seems to favor Depp.

Date: May 17, 2022 12:53

a guy wearing three or four rings on each hand, rings with skulls, daggers, dice

Always wondered how long it takes
Deppy ta get thru airport security .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 17, 2022 12:57

In the end though it's all about the money. And lawyers always win. Even if Heard wins I don't know if it was worth all the trouble. Depp will be poorer in any case. There is no incentive for him except surviving the case.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: May 17, 2022 13:21

ProfessorWolf

"When I was just a little boy
Standin' to my Daddy's knee
My Poppa said "Son, don't let the man get you
And do what he done to me
Cause he'll get you Lord
Get you right now, now"

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 17, 2022 16:44

Stoneage
In the end though it's all about the money. And lawyers always win. Even if Heard wins I don't know if it was worth all the trouble. Depp will be poorer in any case. There is no incentive for him except surviving the case.

Well for her it was worth the trouble as Depp is the one doing the suing here, to which 'surviving the case' he brought is actually a bit ironic.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 17, 2022 18:43

Disney has announced that they're dropping Depp from the next Pirates movie
someone else to play Sparrow

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: May 17, 2022 19:14

Well, he can always go back to working with John Waters.

Date: May 17, 2022 20:27

Treaclefingers have we got a marriage counsellor on the board here?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 17, 2022 20:41

schillid
Disney has announced that they're dropping Depp from the next Pirates movie
someone else to play Sparrow

Maybe they'll replace his likeness in the actual ride at Disneyland - when they added that bit of robotic animatronics, it cheapened the classic vibe according to many.
And after all the dirt in this trial, what parents are going to want to send their kids on a ride that features an admitted drug addict and alleged wife abuser?

Date: May 17, 2022 21:49

Probably best he retires from film
and joins Paul McCartney in a Broadway musical ....

You know something for the oldies ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 17, 2022 22:01

Rockman

...or join The Stones as another guitarist? winking smiley

Date: May 17, 2022 22:10

NashvilleBlues
Rockman

Not sure whats worse - his guitar playing or his acting...

Date: May 17, 2022 22:33

Hairball
NashvilleBlues
Rockman

Not sure whats worse - his guitar playing or his acting...

Tough call for sure!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 17, 2022 22:41

Hairball

Maybe they'll replace his likeness in the actual ride at Disneyland - when they added that bit of robotic animatronics, it cheapened the classic vibe according to many.
And after all the dirt in this trial, what parents are going to want to send their kids on a ride that features an admitted drug addict and alleged wife abuser?

lol - If they are ok with them idolizing pirates, a drug addict/wife beater should be ok.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: May 17, 2022 22:54

No better of with McCartney
It'd be John and Paul again .....

ROCKMAN

Date: May 17, 2022 23:07

THE AGE --- 18 May 2022

ROCKMAN

Date: May 17, 2022 23:28

CindyC
Hairball

lol - If they are ok with them idolizing pirates, a drug addict/wife beater should be ok.

Perhaps, but they've altered the ride in the past to be politically correct; there used to be a scene with drunken pirates wildly chasing women around.
Ironically, there seems to be a similarity to that old fictional scenario and this case - at least according to the verdict of the UK case. Drunken pirate chasing/abusing woman.

Date: May 17, 2022 23:37

I take it your not a fan of Errol Flynn Hairball?

Date: May 18, 2022 00:10

CindyC
Hairball

well they have han solo and chewbaca over in the star wars thing and there drug smugglers

oh and i assume his boss jabba the hutt is over there too

and he's a drug dealer who owns and sell slaves (including sex slaves)

who sexually assaults and forces himself on women who he keeps chained up close to him so they can't escape when he assaults them

and of course we have darth vader and emperor palpatine who both participated in or ordered acts of mass genocide

even the younglings!

parents don't seem to have a problem with this stuff

and yes i realize these are fictional characters

but so is jack sparrow

and to a certain extent johnny depp is toowinking smiley

Date: May 18, 2022 00:30

Her friend (man with short hair, bull ring in nose, white shirt and tie) testifying by video hasn’t helped her much. He seems constantly annoyed and unable to remain composed, to put it mildly.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 7 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1708
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home