Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 12
Re: Depp trial
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 10, 2022 15:05

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-12 13:33 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 10, 2022 17:40

All I know is that it is a fact that she abused Depp. There’s no possible way for her to deny that. Her allegations against Depp are vague and contradicting, she seems to turn and twist his claims against him, gaslight and fabricate.

I’m not saying he didnt react at some point, drunk/high or not - who knows - but overall he seems to have taken it out on himself. Like a typical victim of abuse.
And c’mon, pooping on his side of the bed? And the extreme overacting in court? The secret recordings where she clearly manipulates him and makes up excuses for her abuse?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 10, 2022 17:51

Is the discourse figuratively or literally about shitting the bed?

Date: May 10, 2022 20:40

She left him a present. Very real.

Date: May 10, 2022 20:57

Then I'm signing out of the topic. I see how Depp would want to correct his public image but there are things you just can't win.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 10, 2022 21:13

Johnny idolised Keith. I think he befriended Marlon just so he could get into Keith's orbit. And he did all he could to emulate him, to the extent of getting his very own Anita.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-11 07:00 by Bliss.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: May 10, 2022 21:41

I think Amber is definitely losing this in the court of public opinion. It will be interesting to see how much work she gets after this, if any at all.

Depp is coming out strong in the court of public opinion. I think he'll be back in business strogner than ever after the dust has settled.

Beyond that, Who the Hell did she think she was marrying? It's Johnny Freakin' Depp for Chris sakes. Give me a break.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 11, 2022 10:30

Bliss
Johnny idolised Keith. I think he befriended Marlon just so he could get into Keith's orbit. And he did all he could to emulate him, to the extent of getting his very own Anita.

Except that Johnny Depp is more famous than Keith and Keith was emulating him.
Strange right? I may have said something similar to the post above before the trial but I went back and looked at him and his career with a magnifying glass.

Get this- 10.3 Billion dollars in worldwide box office( Forbes magazine)billion with a B.
That’s more money than every Stones tour combined and enough left over to purchase their entire music catalog.

Image-Keith had some cool hats in the 60s and 70s but by the 80s and early 90s he was using headbands to hide his receding hairline.
Suddenly he was wearing fedoras and a worn looking green pair of doc martens Johnny gave him.
When Keith tried the mustache, let’s be kind, it didn’t work.

Depp, like Anita, Ry Cooder, Gram Parsons etc is another in along line of people Keith took from and moved on and that’s fine but let’s not act like Keith is the end all and be all.
JD was friends with Marlon Brando, Hunter Thompson and Paul McCartney. If you think KR is such a big deal that he had to hang with Keiths son to “get in his orbit” I’ve got a bridge I’d like to sell you.
Love Keith and the band but there’s a big world out there beyond Stonesland.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-11 10:35 by lem motlow.

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: May 11, 2022 12:00

Nikkei
Then I'm signing out of the topic. I see how Depp would want to correct his public image but there are things you just can't win.

Just to be clear, it was Amber who did the shitting (but supposedly blamed it on the dogs), not Johnny. ;-) I guess one thing that Depp gets out of this, he gets to tell his side of the story and has Amber tell hers in a public forum. So anyone mildly interested can get both sides.

Date: May 11, 2022 12:02

Nikkei

? Depp has already won. Heard pooped on his side of the bed.

Posted by: jigsaw69 ()
Date: May 11, 2022 13:36

For me, its nothing to do with who has more money or fame.

From the prism of 2022, we perhaps forget about the massive cultural impact The Stones made on the world at large from mid-60s until say mid-80s. That kind of impact will never happen again as the world was a far smaller place back then in terms of media and communications - hence why their impact was even greater.

Even now, The Stones attract millions to their gigs almost every year and are still selling and streaming music. 60 years after they started !!

Johnny Depp was born in '63. By his teens the Stones were still in their pomp. Keef was far more than a rock n roll star. He was seen as the coolest swashbuckling, alcohol and drug using, guitar hero !!

Johnny Depp is obviously a massive music fan, his image is very rock n roll, has his own band, and plays on stage with some of his music friends now and again.

As such, Keef is prob a total cultural icon for him, and someone he probably idolised and wanted to be in his orbit.

Date: May 11, 2022 15:16

Redhotcarpet
Nikkei

What I meant to say was that having to discuss that in a public court can't be classified as a win even as you win

Date: May 11, 2022 15:22

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-12 13:33 by His Majesty.

Date: May 11, 2022 17:31

That article from 2018 is the very reason she is being sued. She did it to market her film that premiered the same day. It backfired.

She could still do movies after this but noone in their right mind will risk anything after this circus. This is borderline at its worst on display.

Maybe if, in a couple of years, she comes clean, admits to the abuse, lies and manipulations but swear she’s growing up. Could be an interesting career move. She won’t get parts in Hollywood but why not independent films? Horrible person but possibly more interesting as an actress after this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-12 17:18 by Redhotcarpet.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 11, 2022 17:37

frankotero
I’m afraid no matter the outcome and even if it’s accurate there will be people that have already made up their mind what they believe is true. In other words Depp has no chance.

Depp was understandably upset with Heard's thinly veiled allegations, especially if he's totally innocent, which I suspect isn't the case.

Regardless, to 'go for the jugular' with this lawsuit I don't think will be good for either of them in the long run. He was in a no-win situation.

I think the better strategy would have been to ignore it, live the better life, rehabilitate his image over time and take the 'high road'. May have been a bitter pill to swallow but as the bigger star, FAR bigger star, he has way more to lose.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 11, 2022 18:27

Hi treaclefingers. You make good sense in your comments. Personally I’m getting a little too cynical as it seems the guy is always guilty in these cases, just like the white cop hurting or killing a black person. Of course in some cases it’s true. However, there are such well devised smoke screens that lead people in one direction for personal gain or agendas. This is what bothers me.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 11, 2022 22:15

frankotero
Hi treaclefingers. You make good sense in your comments. Personally I’m getting a little too cynical as it seems the guy is always guilty in these cases, just like the white cop hurting or killing a black person. Of course in some cases it’s true. However, there are such well devised smoke screens that lead people in one direction for personal gain or agendas. This is what bothers me.

Depp could have benefited from some advice here, which is to say that other than airing their dirty laundry in public, nothing's to be gained, and he has the most to lose. Even if by some weird stretch he wins, there's no way she's going to be able to pay, and they'll just appeal anyway.

Just imagine the stress they've put themselves through.

You make mistakes in life...price of an education. It doesn't even matter who was 'right'. In this situation Depp could have simply moved on and put as much distance between them as possible, but he chose to get in the muck. All that happens in that situation is you dirt in all your orifices.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 11, 2022 22:51

Lawyers ... $$$$$$$$$$$$

ROCKMAN

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: May 11, 2022 23:24

lem motlow
Bliss

Except that Johnny Depp is more famous than Keith and Keith was emulating him.
Strange right? I may have said something similar to the post above before the trial but I went back and looked at him and his career with a magnifying glass.

Get this- 10.3 Billion dollars in worldwide box office( Forbes magazine)billion with a B.
That’s more money than every Stones tour combined and enough left over to purchase their entire music catalog.

Image-Keith had some cool hats in the 60s and 70s but by the 80s and early 90s he was using headbands to hide his receding hairline.
Suddenly he was wearing fedoras and a worn looking green pair of doc martens Johnny gave him.
When Keith tried the mustache, let’s be kind, it didn’t work.

Depp, like Anita, Ry Cooder, Gram Parsons etc is another in along line of people Keith took from and moved on and that’s fine but let’s not act like Keith is the end all and be all.
JD was friends with Marlon Brando, Hunter Thompson and Paul McCartney. If you think KR is such a big deal that he had to hang with Keiths son to “get in his orbit” I’ve got a bridge I’d like to sell you.
Love Keith and the band but there’s a big world out there beyond Stonesland.

A word of advice for "Lem Motlow".... Put the crack pipe down you dosser.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-11 23:26 by strat72.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 12, 2022 00:04

Bit harsh for a guy just sharing his opinion some of which is undeniably factual.

Maybe if he'd added a "brick wall" for good measure all would be well.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 12, 2022 08:58

Thanks Rocky but it’s cool, made me a bit nostalgic to be honest.he thought I was insulting Keith and I don’t have the time to teach him what being an actual fan is.

In all the time I’ve been here I’ve probably started 2 or 3 threads but I couldn’t resist this.
Like a lot of us I thought this Depp guy was ok, Keith’s little buddy with the pirate movie.

Holy shit! Dude is one of the greatest characters ever. He fckng paid to have Hunter Thompson’s last wish come true, to have his ashes shot out of a cannon.
3 Million dollars.
If you were a person who’s only accomplishment in life was granting Hunter Thompson’s last wish and shooting his ashes out of a cannon, You’re a fckng legend.

Then you watch the movies- I’d seen the pirate movie but a friend told me you wanna see what he can do? Watch Donnie Brasco.
Going toe to toe with Al Pacino.
Scarface, The Godfather-maybe 3 actors in the world can hang with big Al. But there he was.
Buckle up, this fuukr is one the the most interesting rockers we’ve seen in a long time and I can’t wait to see what happens next.

Date: May 12, 2022 10:24

We could switch to the WAG battle in London ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: May 12, 2022 11:07

Nikkei
Redhotcarpet
Nikkei

What I meant to say was that having to discuss that in a public court can't be classified as a win even as you win

How is it not a win, when you can make the world hear that your significant other pooped in your bed?? People who believe that that's not a lie will have a drastically different view of Heard (and her allegations). If anything the trial is Depp's way to get his side out and kinda feeds the narrative that guilty people don't go suing innocent ones as they don't want their skeletons to leave the closet and sit in a court of law.

Date: May 12, 2022 13:33

Redhotcarpet
... who knows ...

I know I don't and should just leave it alone.

Date: May 12, 2022 14:22

PatrickS77
Nikkei
Redhotcarpet
Nikkei

How is it not a win, when you can make the world hear that your significant other pooped in your bed?? People who believe that that's not a lie will have a drastically different view of Heard (and her allegations). If anything the trial is Depp's way to get his side out and kinda feeds the narrative that guilty people don't go suing innocent ones as they don't want their skeletons to leave the closet and sit in a court of law.

Look I see the point, absolutely do, but when she blames it on the dog the judge gonna have to ask him how he verified it was not the dogs. This is getting deep into the shit where I didn't wanna be you know

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 12, 2022 15:36

I think this thread cheapens the site. who the f cares about these two....settle this crap already...just a sordid and ugly peek into the lives of 2 very privileged people who are messed up.......stop this madness.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: May 12, 2022 15:56

SomeTorontoGirl
stargroover
Amber Heard has succeeded in raising the issue of domestic violence against men.Her testimony on the stand has not been convincing.Quite clearly she took Mr Depp for everything she could,and decided to destroy his career as a final malicious act.Justice for Johnny.

You do realize he sued her, right? For $50M. She has counter-sued, as one does. After losing his suit in the UK she published an article that did not mention him by name. It didn’t get a ton of attention and the whole thing could have just gone away but he chose to sue. They’re both train wrecks.

I think the televising of the US trial illustrates why live visual coverage of trials shouldn't happen. It stirs up a lot of ill-informed opinion on the basis of cursory impressions instead of any real knowledge of the issues and weighing of actual evidence. A lot of people seem to be judging the validity of allegations on the appearances of two actors in the witness box. Depp is a better actor than Heard which should surprise no one given their respective careers. But appearances are deceptive. The UK judgment is available to read on-line, setting out the evidence - a lot of it documentary or recorded, as well as the testimony of many other witnesses and Depp himself and why the judge did or didn't believe them. Many of Depp's own texts, emails and admissions reveal him to be abusive. I agree neither of them come out of this well, and, personally, I was very disappointed given I have enjoyed much of Depp's work and found his public persona charming, but there is no doubt in my mind that he is a deeply troubled man, addicted to alcohol and drugs who regularly expresses misogynistic views and was abusive to and about his wife.

Date: May 12, 2022 17:16

His Majesty
Redhotcarpet
... who knows ...

I know I don't and should just leave it alone.

Hey! I hope i didnt put u off! Always enjoy your posts, uploads, the Jones project etc.

Date: May 12, 2022 18:07

Redhotcarpet

Hey! I hope i didnt put u off! Always enjoy your posts, uploads, the Jones project etc.

No no. thumbs up

It's a horrid mess with a tsunami of noise surrounding it. Best not adding to it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-12 18:17 by His Majesty.

Date: May 13, 2022 00:18

I reckon the gas prices thread
is more depressing and zero entertaining

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2010
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home