Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 12
Re: Depp trial
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 6, 2022 08:44

I don’t care one iota about Depp’s ‘Keith association’; why would anyone think that’s relevant to anything? All I’m seeing is constant images of a sobbing, blubbering woman. With the act she’s putting-on, you’d think she’d be more credible an actress.

Date: May 6, 2022 11:01

Doxa
So what we Stones fans should morally think about this Depp trial? Root for him, since he is a 'Keef man'. Loyalty for common interest and good? Or loathe him like Brian Jones, like we double standard Stones fans love to do?

- Doxa

Best not to root for anyone here, imo. A tragic display.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 6, 2022 11:23

She’s not even good enough to produce tears when she fake cries and those “ evidence” pictures, oh man.
Making good headlines though and a lot of people are buying it, Amber has made a bit of a comeback from earlier.
At one point Depps lawyer looked at him and said “ she’s good” and he shook his head yes, weirdly he seemed sort of proud.
These people are the most twisted ones you’ll find that don’t have bodies in a freezer somewhere.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: May 6, 2022 13:51

Need to separate the personal life from the professional life here.Depp is a great actor without a doubt.However the fall out from this case and his association with Miss Heard has tarnished his future career.
The case just highlights the perils of fame, excess.Greed,drugs,violence, etc.Not pleasant viewing ,riveting as it is.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 7, 2022 00:36

THE AGE -- 7 may 2022

ROCKMAN

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 7, 2022 11:16

Yawnnnn I’m falling asleep. Boring..,

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: May 7, 2022 12:55

lem motlow
She’s not even good enough to produce tears when she fake cries and those “ evidence” pictures, oh man.
Making good headlines though and a lot of people are buying it, Amber has made a bit of a comeback from earlier.
At one point Depps lawyer looked at him and said “ she’s good” and he shook his head yes, weirdly he seemed sort of proud.
These people are the most twisted ones you’ll find that don’t have bodies in a freezer somewhere.

Yeah, they're both twisted, but she more than him. I think almost no one is buying her story though, especially after Day 2 of her almost tear-less testimony. When I read comments online or watch the tube, everyone is saying how ludicrous her story is.

It's interesting to watch someone destroy her own image and ruin her own career in public. The interesting question to me is, does she believe her own bullshit?

Drew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-07 12:56 by drewmaster.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 9, 2022 15:53

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-12 13:35 by His Majesty.

Date: May 9, 2022 16:51

Amber Heard has succeeded in raising the issue of domestic violence against men.Her testimony on the stand has not been convincing.Quite clearly she took Mr Depp for everything she could,and decided to destroy his career as a final malicious act.Justice for Johnny.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 9, 2022 16:56

stargroover
Amber Heard has succeeded in raising the issue of domestic violence against men.Her testimony on the stand has not been convincing.Quite clearly she took Mr Depp for everything she could,and decided to destroy his career as a final malicious act.Justice for Johnny.

You do realize he sued her, right? For $50M. She has counter-sued, as one does. After losing his suit in the UK she published an article that did not mention him by name. It didn’t get a ton of attention and the whole thing could have just gone away but he chose to sue. They’re both train wrecks.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 9, 2022 17:42

Kind of makes my evil ex gf look like an angel. Well, maybe not... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: May 9, 2022 20:06

I was thinking the same crholmstrom

Date: May 9, 2022 20:08

Well aware of all that SomeTorontogirl

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: May 9, 2022 20:19

It’s arsenic vs. cyanide

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 9, 2022 21:45

It's disgusting really. I'd never want details of my personal life out there on display for all the world to this degree. My God.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 9, 2022 22:53

She is the abuser. She abused her ex-wife and some former girlfriends snd she abused Depp. These are facts.
And no, Im not a fan of Johnny Depp, I don’t have to support him or make excuses for his drinking and drugging or his overrated body of work.

I knew there was something wrong with her behaviour and reactions in that infamous video. I just f-ing knew it. Now that Ive witnessed her apalling act in the court room, Ill say this: let the trial be a lesson and a warning. Some girls just wanna destroy you.

He’s hardly perfect but wasnt prepared for a downright evil person like Amber Heard. There is something seriously wrong with her. So much that she actually believes the jury buys her awkward ”crying”. Then again she has to lie: she’s being sued and just has to persuade one juror.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-09 22:57 by Redhotcarpet.

Date: May 9, 2022 22:57

And dont forget when this finally
comes to an end therell be the movie of it ..... hhhhhaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 9, 2022 23:12

They're both terrible actors, and both are losers - losers in this case, and losers in general.

Howard Stern was right when he said of Johnny and the trial:

“It’s not going well for you, it’s not going well for her. It’s not going well for anybody.

And can't put aside the UK verdict where the judge said the accusations were "substantially true" that Depp is indeed a wife beater.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-09 23:13 by Hairball.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: May 9, 2022 23:33

Hairball
They're both terrible actors, and both are losers - losers in this case, and losers in general.

Howard Stern was right when he said of Johnny and the trial:

“It’s not going well for you, it’s not going well for her. It’s not going well for anybody.

And can't put aside the UK verdict where the judge said the accusations were "substantially true" that Depp is indeed a wife beater.

In all fairness it sounds like there was a conflict of interest with the UK trial judge. His son works for talkRadio a sister company to the SUN. I would think that he wouldn't be allowed to judge that trial on that basis.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 10, 2022 00:02

WOW! Paul McCartney played a song the other night with a video of Johnny Depp on the giant screen behind him.
That is a strong statement to make under the circumstances, gotta respect Paul for backing his friend in that way.
A certain other guitar player seems to have gotten a little tongue tied.

Date: May 10, 2022 00:16

If only Pistol and Boo could talk ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 10, 2022 00:43

His Majesty
Doxa
So what we Stones fans should morally think about this Depp trial? Root for him, since he is a 'Keef man'. Loyalty for common interest and good? Or loathe him like Brian Jones, like we double standard Stones fans love to do?

- Doxa

What is happening to Amber Heard is appalling.

This trial comes down to a core question of, do people who have experienced domestic violence have the right to talk/write about those experiences (without even naming an abuser) and have opinions on the wider issue of violence against women? That is what Amber Heard did in her Washington Post piece.

For those that don't believe Amber Heard, the words of Depp himself and the words of his own people show beyond reasonable doubt that Johnny Depp was violent and abusive towards Amber Heard.

There are various similarities between Jones and Depp. Their manipulative and abusive behaviour towards women, their self destruction via drink and drugs.

There are various similarities between Anita Pallenberg and Amber Heard. Both fought back against their abusers and both are mocked and vilified by a notable % of their abusers fanbases.

As a fan of Brian Jones, who clearly lead a turbulent and destructive life, there is a need, perhaps even a responsibility, to acknowledge his violence towards women and check yourself over why you are a fan etc rather than double down, deny and vilify those that talk about it. I think it is certain that Brian Jones was abusive towards at least five women in his life. Pat Andrews, Linda Lawrence, Anita Pallenberg, Suki Poitier and Linda Keith. All of these women have spoke of their experiences, only one of them, Anita Pallenberg, the woman that fought back, is mocked and vilified by a notable % of the Jones fanbase.

Were I a Depp fan, I'd be wishing that he'd stop, have a personal day of reckoning where he would finally and publicly admit what he has done, who he became and that he'd go about doing things to better himself instead of using the courts to further abuse and humiliate Amber Heard.

All of this is my opinion. no need to come at me with loads of evidence you think proves me wrong etc. I have seen more than enough in it's varying degrees of original or edited forms.

not gonna touch the heard depp thing but you have a point about jones and anita

i'll admit that brians treatment of women has always made me uncomfortable as a fan of his

and i belevie the women that have acussed him of beating them

i've often wonder if hadn't died so young would he have come to regret his treatment of the women in his life and try make amends and apologize

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: May 10, 2022 04:58

babyblue
Yawnnnn I’m falling asleep. Boring..,

But you were interested enough to post……hmmmmm

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 10, 2022 05:28

His Majesty
Doxa

- Doxa

What is happening to Amber Heard is appalling.

This trial comes down to a core question of, do people who have experienced domestic violence have the right to talk/write about those experiences (without even naming an abuser) and have opinions on the wider issue of violence against women? That is what Amber Heard did in her Washington Post piece.

For those that don't believe Amber Heard, the words of Depp himself and the words of his own people show beyond reasonable doubt that Johnny Depp was violent and abusive towards Amber Heard.

I don't hear that at all. Opinions can be wrong. I've heard nothing "beyond" a "reasonable doubt" that Depp was violent. The audio played in court reveals something different than what she's claiming. She's gaslighting. She recorded whatever for a purpose.

Her piece in the Washington Post was... her opinion. She chose one place to put it? That's odd.

Given his stature even that won't determine anything if the jury actually listened... it doesn't matter: Depp is guilty, period. That's how it is now.

Regardless of facts.

That's wrong. What the jury decides is just that. Doesn't mean it's accurate or based in truth. It's been happening for a long time, putting people away because of beliefs vs facts.

Date: May 10, 2022 09:26

Very interesting to read
everyones opinion about Depp/Heard and trial ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 10, 2022 13:10

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-12 13:35 by His Majesty.

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: May 10, 2022 14:29

DandelionPowderman
Doxa

- Doxa

Best not to root for anyone here, imo. A tragic display.

Yeah. That. I think both are pretty @#$%& up. And really don't feel much for either side, who mocks the other.

Date: May 10, 2022 14:32

drewmaster
It's interesting to watch someone destroy her own image and ruin her own career in public. The interesting question to me is, does she believe her own bullshit?

I think there's plenty of people believing her. Anyone who isn't a Depp fan or/and who always believes what the supposed victim says.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 10, 2022 14:52

His Majesty
Redhotcarpet
She is the abuser. She abused her ex-wife... These are facts.

Let's see what Tasya van Ree had to say about it: [www.hollywoodreporter.com]

“In 2009, Amber was wrongfully accused for an incident that was misinterpreted and over-sensationalized by two individuals in a power position,” said van Ree, Heard’s girlfriend at the time of the incident, in the statement. “I recount hints of misogynistic attitudes toward us which later appeared to be homophobic when they found out we were domestic partners and not just ‘friends.’ Charges were quickly dropped and she was released moments later.

She continued: It’s disheartening that Amber’s integrity and story are being questioned yet again. Amber is a brilliant, honest and beautiful woman and I have the utmost respect for her. We shared 5 wonderful years together and remain close to this day.”

I’m following the trial, the evidence, witnesses, how and what is said in court by her and by him. Depp knew that he had to be as honest and forthcoming about his shortcomings as possible and about her abuse. The goal was to get her on the stand. She didnt want to testify and it’s clear to me why.

Date: May 10, 2022 15:03

Redhotcarpet
She didnt want to testify and it’s clear to me why.

To play devil's advocate, I'm sure most victims of abuse do not actually want to testify.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1781
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home