Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: The Swell Season
Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: April 19, 2022 15:50

Just to know if anybody likes this duo of Marketa Irglova and Glen Hansard ??

Anybody from this list saw them live ? if it is so can you share some commets ?

Bye and thanks
Fernando

Re: OT: The Swell Season
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 19, 2022 17:31

Nice music. Never saw them live. Glen was touring with Eddie Vedder recently both as opening act & a member of the band.

Date: April 19, 2022 20:30

Thanks for your comment at least one person in the forum that like them.

Bye
Fernando

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: April 20, 2022 10:38

Good Morning Fernando, When I saw this Thread I was like is this about Marketa and Glen? And it was.....I had to dig thru my Journals but Yes saw them play in Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic back on August 2nd,2008.They played in The Eggenberg Brewery Courtyard on a Beautiful Summer's night I would say about 2,000 to 3,000 People were there.That was the year they won the Oscar for the song "Falling" from the Film "Once" Well worth checking out.As I was watching the concert it made me think of What would it have been like to see Bob Dylan and Joan Baez back in 1963....Glen also has/had A band called The Frames also worth checking out...Glen has played Prague quite a few times also....A very memorable evening of music and after the Concert a splendid Fireworks display.. Stones Style.Peace.M

Date: April 20, 2022 15:31

Hello crholmstrom, nice to read your comment, really love this two persons, Marketa and Glen.

Discovered them thanks the movie Once, long long ago when you still rent dvd for a friday night at home. Since them I am a huge fan of them.

Glen has this Van Morrison touch in his songs and Marketa is an angel.

They were touring the usa this past march, envy you a lot for this concert you went.

Thanks and regards from Argentina
Fernando

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 20, 2022 17:32

Fernandobsas
Hello crholmstrom, nice to read your comment, really love this two persons, Marketa and Glen.

Discovered them thanks the movie Once, long long ago when you still rent dvd for a friday night at home. Since them I am a huge fan of them.

Glen has this Van Morrison touch in his songs and Marketa is an angel.

They were touring the usa this past march, envy you a lot for this concert you went.

Thanks and regards from Argentina
Fernando

Sadly, I wasn't able to go. My health isn't good & it's very hard for me to go to shows. Also, I'm on a disability retirement which means I have a fixed income. If Eddie Vedder plays Argentina without Pearl Jam, go to the show. Glen is part of his band & also usually opens for Eddie both on solo & band shows. I'm glad you enjoy the music.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1600
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home