Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Nellcote today?
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 18, 2022 22:58

I was wondering. With all the restrictions being put on Russian oligarchs, is Villa Nellcote snatched up by the government? I’m just wondering because I know it’s been owned by a Russian since 2005.

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Nellcote today?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 19, 2022 00:22

wow...would that be like, "Exile on Louise Bordes"?!

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: April 19, 2022 00:25

Villa Nellcote has not yet been seized by the French government - a long, complex process. However, the assets of the Russian oligarch owner were “frozen” by the EU on March 25th. That means the owner can not visit, rent out or sell the property at the moment.

The youngest daughter of the oligarch was actually made majority stockholder in 2014, to avoid Nellcote being seized following the Crimea annexation. But that has, evidently, fooled no one. Thus, Nellcote is in the Riviera newspapers on a bi-weekly basis now, among the other Russian villas on Desolation Row.

Those of you who have read my Nellcote book might recall that the villa actually was seized back in 1904, forcing the first owner to rid himself of his beloved villa - at blinding speed. That situation paved the way for the “American era” and “Gilded Age” in the history of Nellcote.

Wonder what will happen now -

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-19 18:49 by RobberBride.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 19, 2022 02:18

Cool. If the oligarch-Putinists will be kicked out soon, the villa might get a more history-conscious owner - although, the Putin-era might suit very well to the history of the estate - just adds more to the already dark legend...

- Doxa

Date: April 19, 2022 16:11

.....another chapter for RobberBride to add to his excellent book.......

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: April 19, 2022 22:46

Thanks for the report, RobberBride! I got your book and have started reading it. It's definitely enjoyable!

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: April 19, 2022 23:45

Come on Keith, buy it back! I'm thinking the permanent display for Exhibitionsim!

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: April 19, 2022 23:57

I’ve been hoping Matt Lee would buy it, and run it as a B&B!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 20, 2022 04:29

jazzbass
Come on Keith, buy it back! I'm thinking the permanent display for Exhibitionsim!

not a bad idea

and he can probably afford it too

i love the idea of keith owning it and staying there from time to time with his family maybe even recording music there again

but turning it into some kind of stones graceland i don't know for some reason i can't articulate it just dosen't seem very stones like

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: April 20, 2022 09:45

Jfk19562003
I’ve been hoping Matt Lee would buy it, and run it as a B&B!

I am well up for this!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1788
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home