Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: The Clash - "Combat Rock/The People's Hall"
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 8, 2022 18:04

40th anniversary reissue of "Combat Rock"

Originally released in May 1982, ‘Combat Rock’ is the final album from The Clash of Joe Strummer, Mick Jones, Paul Simonon and Topper Headon. Featuring two of the band’s most well-known songs, ‘Should I Stay Or Should I Go’ and ‘Rock The Casbah’, plus favourites ‘Straight To Hell’ and ‘Know Your Rights’, it is both their biggest selling album and highest-charting set in both the UK and US.

Now comes a special edition of the album, titled ‘Combat Rock / The People’s Hall’, which will be released on 20th May. It couples the album with an additional 12-tracks compiled by The Clash. It will be released in double-CD, triple-vinyl, and digital formats.
--
In addition, The Clash’s collaborations with the late Ranking Roger have received their first-ever official release, as a separate two-track EP. The legendary frontman of The Beat dropped in to the studio with The Clash in 1981 and infused ‘Red Angel Dragnet’ and ‘Rock The Casbah’ with his exuberant, high-energy toasting. The EP is available digitally from now, with a limited edition 7” vinyl following on 20th May.

[www.theclash.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-21 17:23 by bye bye johnny.

Re: OT: The Clash - "Combat Rock/The Peoples Hall"
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 8, 2022 22:09

Thanks as always for the info. And thanks to Glyn Johns for the work 40 years ago!!

Re: OT: The Clash - "Combat Rock/The People's Hall"
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 21, 2022 17:23

The Clash’s ‘Combat Rock’ Anniversary Edition Revamps the Group’s Flawed, Fiery Swan Song: Album Review

By Jem Aswad
May 20, 2022

[variety.com]
--

[www.youtube.com]

[open.spotify.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1768
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home