Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Stones magazine "Happy" in pdf
Posted by: Krzysztof ()
Date: April 1, 2022 18:35

Hi,
i'm proud to presents my magazine called "Happy", for 60th anniversary. Magazine is free and only released online, for fan. In magazine are new release information, rehearsals song title from 1963 - 1969, Hot Rocks Japan release 2022 CD review, exclusive interview with Bill German, Keith solo album. Enjoy!

[drive.google.com]

Re: New Stones magazine "Happy" in pdf
Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: April 1, 2022 18:53

Brilliant, thanks a lot!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 1, 2022 19:37

I've toyed with starting my own music magazine for a long while, but not sure where I'd get the cred from in order to get copies of albums to review! Used to be one would get them for free to review.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 1, 2022 21:02

Nice thumbs up

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: April 1, 2022 22:01

Excellent travail pour les fans....Merci beaucoup...

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: April 1, 2022 23:54

Great work, Krzysztof!

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: April 2, 2022 00:20

Thank you VERY MUCH!!

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 2, 2022 01:53

thumbs up

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: April 2, 2022 03:56

Fantastic! Thank you smiling smileythumbs up

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: April 2, 2022 05:07

Great stuff, thank you Krzysztof et al!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 2, 2022 13:27

thanks keep it up

and be sure to let us know of future issues

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: April 2, 2022 13:35

Amazing
Thank you very much!

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: April 2, 2022 13:41

thumbs up

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: April 2, 2022 15:01

Nice work.

Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: April 2, 2022 15:24

Great man, thanks

Posted by: Mixedreactions ()
Date: April 2, 2022 16:24

Very cool, a good read, keep it up!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 2, 2022 19:10

Good stuff, thanks !
The BG interview was particularly interesting.
I couldn't help but notice the question about SW :
"KD: Do you think the Steel Wheels album contained solo Stones recordings?
BG: Yes, "Almost Hear You Sigh" was from Keith's solo sessions (written with
Steve Jordan!), but he gave it to the Stones for Mick to sing."

An obvious answer but I'm surprised he hadn't heard of the Jagger/Rip recordings from 87/88...or maybe he isn't aware that Rip recently spilled the beans about them. Did you ask that question because of that recent revelation ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 3, 2022 18:45

gotdablouse
Good stuff, thanks !

An obvious answer but I'm surprised he hadn't heard of the Jagger/Rip recordings from 87/88...or maybe he isn't aware that Rip recently spilled the beans about them. Did you ask that question because of that recent revelation ?

Yes, Keith's solo recording is obvious, heard on outtakes. Steel Wheels was created immediately after the solo achievements of Mick and Keith. According to the stories of the Stones, they met in 1988 to agree on the details of work on the new album. Mick worked on his material and Keith recorded his album. However, I didn't know about Rip's story. I asked Bill about Stones solo achievements on the Steel Wheels album, because I read somewhere that the album includes recordings from solo sessions. I got an answer about Almost Hear You Sigh. And apparently, according to the new Record Collector magazine (January 2022), Sleeping Away comes from the Talk Is Cheap session. In the beginning, Mick and Keith recorded demo songs, and I think they must have picked up some ideas from the personal sessions (about Jagger / Rip songs, as you say). Therefore, Steel Wheels may be less well received.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-03 18:46 by Krzysztof.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: April 3, 2022 19:27

very cool.. just started to reread bill under my thumb
i wish you all the best... thank you for this issue.
information was so difficult in the 80 and 90 s
dirty works i think was very reflective of that time
if you lived it the album makes sense

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 4, 2022 00:07

Krzysztof
gotdablouse
Good stuff, thanks !

Yes, Keith's solo recording is obvious, heard on outtakes. Steel Wheels was created immediately after the solo achievements of Mick and Keith. According to the stories of the Stones, they met in 1988 to agree on the details of work on the new album. Mick worked on his material and Keith recorded his album. However, I didn't know about Rip's story. I asked Bill about Stones solo achievements on the Steel Wheels album, because I read somewhere that the album includes recordings from solo sessions. I got an answer about Almost Hear You Sigh. And apparently, according to the new Record Collector magazine (January 2022), Sleeping Away comes from the Talk Is Cheap session. In the beginning, Mick and Keith recorded demo songs, and I think they must have picked up some ideas from the personal sessions (about Jagger / Rip songs, as you say). Therefore, Steel Wheels may be less well received.

I need to reread that RC article that mentions Slipping Away. Here's the thread about the recent Jimmy Rip revelations : [iorr.org]

I can't remember who leaked the SW sessions info first (Karnbach in 1997) but there were several songs there that sounded like titles of WS, Sweet Thing and Hang on Tonight at least. It was assumed that Mick had reused them for WS but now it's possible that he could have brought them from these 87/88 sessions.

As for meeting to discuss Stones activities, I remember a Keith interview in RS in the fall of 88 for the promo of TIC where he told the story of Mick's visit to discuss plans and he played him the record and then went to the bathroom and saw him dancing when he came back. He back tracked, slammed the bathroom door and when he came back again Mick was sitting quietly on the sofa...Keith being Keith I suppose ;-) That's maybe when they decided that they would go to Barbados in early 1989 to see if they could figure something out, although it's also been said that they agreed to do that at the RnR HOF yearly dinner in early 1989 but the timing would have been rather tight.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 4, 2022 14:50

Thank you, nice read!

"I got to meet him [Jordan] in 1985 during the "Dirty Work" sessions"

A solid evidence CW didn't attend the NYC part of the DW sessions and was replaced with a couple of drummers (Jordan, Anton Fig... and Ron Wood!).

I wrote it before here if you think it's Charlie drumming on "One Hit" I have an Eiffel Tower to sell you! winking smiley

Date: April 5, 2022 02:06

Here the new article about Steel Wheels album from Record Collector Magazine. Thank's for nice information about sessions Jagger with Rip is really interesting.
Steel Wheels album for me is Mick and Keith solo efforts. Keith released Talk Is Cheap, and as you write, Mick liked this album, so Keith maybe proposed in early sessions in Barbados to recorded his songs, but Mick solo recording don't like by Keith. Mick's songs may not have been good. In Barbados they recorded 35 song. And yes Karnbach mentioned about Jagger songs from solo session. Steel Wheels is curious album. Stones nice presented this on tour. And good choose song from Keith session.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 5, 2022 10:31

Nice work. Thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 5, 2022 17:35

Good job!

I'm hoping to publish my own book/(pamphlet? ) someday.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: April 6, 2022 00:03

schillid
Good job!

I'm hoping to publish my own book/(pamphlet? ) someday.

About ??

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: April 7, 2022 17:44

Thanks for your "Happy" magazine, Krzysztof!

One of the earliest fanzines I had a subscription to was back in the seventies Wendy Blume's "Let It Rock"!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 8, 2022 22:14

Well done to you Krzysztof!

Haven't seen it all just yet, but certainly looks good, and you must have put a lot of effort into it. smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1751
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home